Separate curry menu

Glad to hear this. Are they giving you a different Indian menu each evening?

Yes Bob the Menu was different last night, they had a Local Fish curry and a Chick Pea Masala dish, again served with Raita, Roti and Poppadums. They are also putting on an Italian Pasta dish on this special menu too, last night it was Spaghetti Carbonara. I have not managed to find out yet if this going to be a permanent offering, bit will do so.

Anyone know if they have this Indian food menu on Adventure of the Seas yet?

I am not sure if they have separate menu but Indian curries will be provided. Just ask your server. I am indian and have visited many restaurants in NJ/NYC area. Curry items served on AOS were comparable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Yes Bob the Menu was different last night, they had a Local Fish curry and a Chick Pea Masala dish, again served with Raita, Roti and Poppadums. They are also putting on an Italian Pasta dish on this special menu too, last night it was Spaghetti Carbonara. I have not managed to find out yet if this going to be a permanent offering, bit will do so.

I sure hope they continue offering the special Indian menu through the November transatlantic.:)

Thanks so much for reporting back on this - great news :). Will you be able to ask if this is a permanent thing? i.e. will they still have it on the TA in November

I spoke with two officers yesterday and was told that this "separate" menu has been introduced initially for the European Season, they both indicated that no decision had been made as to whether it would continue when the ship returns across the Atlantic. Sorry I cannot be more helpful, but will try and ask again at "meal with an officer tomorrow".

I spoke with two officers yesterday and was told that this "separate" menu has been introduced initially for the European Season, they both indicated that no decision had been made as to whether it would continue when the ship returns across the Atlantic. Sorry I cannot be more helpful, but will try and ask again at "meal with an officer tomorrow".

Aaargh - I had a feeling that might be the case. :loudcry: Thanks for your efforts though, and let's hope they at least keep it for the TA

Aaargh - I had a feeling that might be the case. :loudcry: Thanks for your efforts though, and let's hope they at least keep it for the TA

I second that. Our experience has been that there are a large number of Brits on board the TA, so maybe that will help tip the decision towards keeping the menu.

I second that. Our experience has been that there are a large number of Brits on board the TA, so maybe that will help tip the decision towards keeping the menu.[/quote

Update: spoke to the Hotel Director, Peter, at the Suite/Pinnacle cocktail party as we sailed into Cagliari at noon today and he told me that they will be keeping this menu on for the TA in fact he said as from Sept 10th they will expand the curry offerings (they currently have some Italian Specialties on this separate menu too) He also said that once the ship gets to San Juan they will see how popular the dishes are and then decide whether to continue it. Looking forward to our curry tonight !!!!

Update: spoke to the Hotel Director, Peter, at the Suite/Pinnacle cocktail party as we sailed into Cagliari at noon today and he told me that they will be keeping this menu on for the TA in fact he said as from Sept 10th they will expand the curry offerings (they currently have some Italian Specialties on this separate menu too) He also said that once the ship gets to San Juan they will see how popular the dishes are and then decide whether to continue it. Looking forward to our curry tonight !!!!

Excellent, thanks for checking.:)

I second that. Our experience has been that there are a large number of Brits on board the TA, so maybe that will help tip the decision towards keeping the menu.[/quote

That's great news and thank you for checking too

I also had it confirmed via a friend who contacted Peter asking the same question. No reason not to visit the MDR on the TA now. I like the sound of this Hotel Director :D

I did Oasis inquiry. I'm ready to get my Indian food fix on.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We offer a daily Indian-style Vegetarian dinner item in the main dining room on all of our ships. The Indian-style meals are not region-specific and the cooking technique is not home-style. The meals are served based on Royal Caribbean International standard. Additionally Indian-style items are available in the Windjammer Café for lunch and dinner.

Please be advised your reservation has been noted accordingly.

Best Regards,

Sulay Suarez

well its never going to be truly authentic. Even my local Indian restaurants lack true taste.

My point was that in their reply RCI couldn't even come to say Indian menu, but said Indian-style, which could mean that you could get Indian-style pizza or a slice of Indian-style bread could be called naan.

My point was that in their reply RCI couldn't even come to say Indian menu, but said Indian-style, which could mean that you could get Indian-style pizza or a slice of Indian-style bread could be called naan.

haha, I see what you mean. Most likely, some kind of curry dishes and some sides.

We were told by our server last year we could always get Indian dishes (vegetarian or non) and so we ordered them many nights on both cruises and it was always available and a wonderful addition to the usual menu choices.