Please HELP!!! I Have Never Cruised Celebrity Before!!!!

MsJersey84

We just left the Equinox. Night activity was mainly composed of a "Silent Disco" where everyone where headphones so the load music doesn't bother others. We went just to check it out and nobody dancing. We didn't stay long but it seemed everyone was mad because they were playing poor music and most weren't happy. I don't know more but maybe somebody else can chime in.

We cruised on Equinox this past May and stumbled upon the silent disco. The place was packed, lots of people dancing and having a great time. My DH and I don't typically visit the disco when we cruise, but we couldn't resist trying this out. We thought it was lots of fun and would encourage others to try it out.

We cruised on Equinox this past May and stumbled upon the silent disco. The place was packed, lots of people dancing and having a great time. My DH and I don't typically visit the disco when we cruise, but we couldn't resist trying this out. We thought it was lots of fun and would encourage others to try it out.

Great to hear! Is there room for people to just stand and watch or is there just enough room for all of the participants?

We will certainly enjoy Alaska but from reading here, it appears we could be a little disappointed with the entertainment and nightlife. At around 50, we're not young but we're certainly not old either.

Which ship will you be on for Alaska? We've been to Alaska twice and both trips remain in our top 5 for all time vacations. I really don't recall much about the night entertainment on our Alaska cruises. Watching the shoreline for wildlife and water for whales, plus listening to the naturalists occupied most of our free time. Alaska is port intensive and there was so much to see and do that we never experienced before, so our focus was to be prepared for the next day so we'd be off ship as early as possible. Our 21 DS and 24 DD were with us the 2nd cruise and still talk about our great family trip.

Great to hear! Is there room for people to just stand and watch or is there just enough room for all of the participants?

There were lots of people around the perimeter. That's where we were when a member of the entertainment staff stopped by to talk to us. We asked about the event and then decided to give it a try.

I agree with everyone who suggested you sail with RCI. We've only sailed on Carnival one time and that was enough. We were in our late 30s when we started cruising and for the next 15 years RCI was our cruise line of choice. There are so many fun things to do and a very energetic crowd of young people, but as we got older, we wanted a more sedate cruise and we switched to Princess and then Celebrity. We loved Celebrity and decided now that we are in our 60s this would be our new choice of ships. The food was wonderful and we even thought the entertainment was first class. But after 5 Celebrity cruises, their product is not what it used to be. Food is still good but not great, and entertainment is ok. Now we have stepped up to Oceania and have two booked with them this year. We have also become fans of Viking River cruises and are about to book an ocean cruise with them next year. On both of these lines, entertainment is poor at best, but the food is wonderful and their itineraries are the best. So you just have to decide what is important to you and go from there. Food was not as important in our 30s but it is more so now. Good luck!

We will certainly enjoy Alaska but from reading here, it appears we could be a little disappointed with the entertainment and nightlife. At around 50, we're not young but we're certainly not old either.

We will keep an open mind and be sure to make the most of the ship and what it has to offer.

Which ship will you be on for Alaska? We've been to Alaska twice and both trips remain in our top 5 for all time vacations. I really don't recall much about the night entertainment on our Alaska cruises. Watching the shoreline for wildlife and water for whales, plus listening to the naturalists occupied most of our free time. Alaska is port intensive and there was so much to see and do that we never experienced before, so our focus was to be prepared for the next day so we'd be off ship as early as possible. Our 21 DS and 24 DD were with us the 2nd cruise and still talk about our great family trip.

We will be on Infinity. Chosen for the itinerary not necessarily the ship.

RCI were only offering one-way itineraries and two weeks was not an option for us (too many places to visit - not enough time off from work).

I forgot about those weird headphone discos. Sorry but it looked ridiculous to me. The point of music and dancing is to be at a party, not to have my own party in my own little world. I haven't danced around in headphones since I was 13 because my Dad didn't like that "rock music"😁 I don't think I could drink enough to find it fun at all. As for casual chic, all the lines are moving from formal nights and with airline restrictions that is a good thing. Upscale ? Everyone seemed like regular people to me, just a nice, friendly group of passengers. Celebrity is a very nice line, but outstanding entertainment is on RCL or NCL

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

Upscale ? Everyone seemed like regular people to me, just a nice, friendly group of passengers. Celebrity is a very nice line, but outstanding entertainment is on RCL or NCL

Upscale does not mean the people are not regular, nice, and friendly. Just means overall the ship, staff, atmosphere is a bit more luxury.

Sorry , that's not what I meant to imply , but of the two cruises we have taken on Celebrity the ship, food, and staff were not noticeably different from regular , "mass market " lines. Again , we enjoyed our celebrity cruises very much and will continue to cruise with them when the itinerary suits us, but we will go with the expectation that the entertainment will be limited. And that may change with passenger feedback.

Hmm, we're sailing with Celebrity for the first time this September, on Infinity for the itinerary, having sailed many times on RCI.

We were of the understanding that Celebrity was more 'up market', 5* as opposed to 4*, suggesting the food, service and entertainment would be of better quality. Maybe that is what the term "refined", used in previous posts, is referring to?

We will keep an open mind and be sure to make the most of the ship and what it has to offer.

Celebrity is a mass market cruise line. It is not 5 star. We still enjoy our cruises and it is much livelier than HAL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For me, I like Celebrity better. The Summit will be my 9th cruise with Celebrity, and I've cruised Carnival 3 times before. In my opinion, it's leaps and bounds above Carnival. The average age is generally more for young adults. It's more sedate than Carnival, which can sometimes be a bit rowdy. If you're looking for more of a night life, you might be better off going with Royal Caribbean, which is owned by the same company as Celebrity. I like both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, as they seem to be geared towards more experienced cruisers than Carnival is.