Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

klangel

In September DH and I will be sailing to Hawaii on the Radiance of the Seas. There will be an overnight stay at Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii we are interesting in doing a Luau. Does anyone have suggestion about the Luau ? We want to experience the fire torch, roast pig just about everything about a luau. I am not sure where the ship will dock so will also like to know how to get to the luau. If anyone sailed on this ship for the 11 Night Hawaii please share your trip with me.

Cannot say enough good things about the Old Lahani lua. They have a great website - check it out.

Visited there with a group also from the Radiance. This was a group from a cruise critic meet and mingle. One of our roll call members recommended it and about 30-40 of us went. Definitely one of the highlights of the cruise and a great decision.

We booked ahead of time, which I think was a good idea. It was sold out the night we were there.

Beautiful grounds, right on the beach. Met with a lei and drink - price includes everything. Watched them dig up the pig, torchlight dancing with water background. Local crafts being made. Wonderful evening. You have a choice of large wooden tables or actually sitting on big cushions on the ground.

We took cabs from the port - wasn't far; some people walked - probably a couple of miles, but winding road with not much sidewalk. It was pretty, but kind of dangerous as far as traffic.

Again, highly recommend!