Internet Pricing by the Minute

tromvest

I called Celebrity and was told that Internet is no longer offered "by the minute". They said there are only 3 packages available, One hour continuous for $19.99, 24 hour continuous for $49.99 and Unlimited Internet (can't remember the exact price)

Once onboard, are there ever packages available to purchase "by the minute" like in years past? 40 minutes, 90 minutes, 200 minutes etc...?

Thank you!

They recently changed the internet pricing. Your prices are correct. Just to check your email will cost you $20.00 each time. If you need to keep in touch they almost force you to buy an unlimited package. If you have sailed with them before there is a slight discount, but even with the discount probably about 20-25$ per day.

If you can wait until mid way thru the cruise, there have been some bargains. Also, there may be fewer people online as many will have been frustrated by the slower service.

We had faster service off ship at ports. Some stores offer free internet along with computers to use. That is a bargain.

The package prices are outrageous for their very slow internet. We carefully used our "free" internet time perk and then about mid-cruise there were some decent daily special prices that we could work with.

Currently on the Reflection and one of our 'perks' is unlimited wifi, pretty much a joke. It's super slow, keep getting kicked off, sometimes I can't download emails, unbelievable. Even tho it was a perk, we still paid for it in the price which is OK, if it worked well.

Last fall we were on the Silhouette, Baltics & Scandanavia which had excellent wifi so we were expecting the same this time, didn't happen. I'd think twice about paying for wifi and if it's a requirement for you, say to keep in touch with work, it will be a challenge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cost of the unlimited package depends on the length of the cruise. If you purchase it pre-cruise, it costs 10% less.

For a cruise of 7 days the cost on-board is $249 ($35.57/day). Pre-cruise it is $224 ($32.00/day).

At home I have Comcast unlimited Internet. High-speed for about $1.66/day.

Wumo%20-%20Wi-Fi_zps1remm0xz.gif

On a recent Eclipse trip internet was free for the first several hours on board, assuming it was a way to coax folks into signing up for a package. We didn't see any more deals after that.

The package prices are outrageous for their very slow internet. We carefully used our "free" internet time perk and then about mid-cruise there were some decent daily special prices that we could work with.

How does the "free" internet time perk work?

Is it 90 minutes of 'connected' time or 90 minutes continuous from sign-in?.