Constellation vs Solstice / Reflection

FiggyWig

Hi Everyone

I'm contemplating a cruise next year on Constellation purely because the itinerary interests me. Previous Celebrity cruises have always been on Solstice, this year we will be on Reflection and I would like to give the Constellation Greek Islands out of Venice trip a go next year. But DH is put off because he sees Connie as an older , smaller ship with out the refinements of the newer S class ships. I have read she's been 'Solsticized' but just wondered how she really compares.

Would any fellow cruisers with experience of both like to share their views / comparisons ?

Many thanks

Fig

Although "Solsticized" ist still two different worlds. I love S class but would never exclude M class. It is like choosing between nice and nicer...

Pictures say more than a thousand words... here is a comparison:

SY0AWlfP4fk

gNkuHGggaMc

Personally, I am an "S" class fan; my favorite ship is the Reflection. I have only been on the Millie for the itinerary. Not a fan on the OVC layout and the older ships in terms of mostly trivial things like worn furniture, rust and the showers with missing grout and worn curtains. Yes, she had been solticized to look more like the S class ships, but it just didn't feel as good after being on an S class ship to me. Having sad that, the crew were wonderful! This is just my personal choice. Others see lots of character. If I am going to spend money on a suite, I want the newness before the character....but if a large group of us were going, I would consider another M class ship.

Edited by Lastdance

I also prefer the "S" class. However, the best cruise we ever took was a Vietnam/Asia cruise several years ago on the Millie. So if it's an itinerary you're really excited about, go for it, but if you find a similar cruise on an "S" class ship, that would be a better option.

The key is the itinerary. That would be the selling point for me. You will miss all of the refinements of the S-class ships. You will see rust, aged carpeting, and just a tired feeling on the Constellation. A good time will be had but you will see the differences immediately.

I love both the Solstice class as well as the Millennium class ships ... wouldn't hesitate to sail on either one of them. If I had to choose, I think the S class ships would win out by a hair ... but I would book based on itinerary if it came down to it. That's just me ....

Objection :D

Constellation was in dry dock in May. Most of that has changed.

Nice to know as we are on Constellation in two weeks on an Adriatic itinerary. We haven't been on Celebrity and have nothing to compare it to. Tentatively, we have Alaska on Solstice scheduled for next June 8-15. The older and smaller ships can do better itineraries because they can dock at more ports (like Venice). I know we will eventually do Viet Nam / Hong Kong / Thailand and that will be on a smaller/older ship on Princess or Celebrity because that's what does those itineraries.

Nice to know as we are on Constellation in two weeks on an Adriatic itinerary. We haven't been on Celebrity and have nothing to compare it to. Tentatively, we have Alaska on Solstice scheduled for next June 8-15. The older and smaller ships can do better itineraries because they can dock at more ports (like Venice). I know we will eventually do Viet Nam / Hong Kong / Thailand and that will be on a smaller/older ship on Princess or Celebrity because that's what does those itineraries.

We did the Dalmatian coast in October 16 and Southeast Asia on Constellation in March and both were fabulous cruises. Next will be Japan on Millennium and then China and Korea on Millennium... so as I said, even though I like the S class more I would never exclude the smaller class if the itinerary is right.

Enjoy your cruise!

We did the Dalmatian coast in October 16 and Southeast Asia on Constellation in March and both were fabulous cruises. Next will be Japan on Millennium and then China and Korea on Millennium... so as I said, even though I like the S class more I would never exclude the smaller class if the itinerary is right.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks - Can't wait and great to hear that you enjoyed Southeast Asia itinerary.

We have been on both classes and each has its good points and bad points. Yes the S Class ships are newer and a bit more fancy but the M class ships often have different itineraries that a draw us in. We enjoy them both so we look at the itinerary first and the ship second. If you want to sail in or out of Venice it has to be an M-class because Venice no longer allows the bigger ships. We did two cruises on the Millennium shortly after her dry dock last year and things were really very nice. The Constellation was in dry dock this past May and other than the Pool Grill being turned into a fancy burger bar pay venue the reveiws have been good. We will find out for ourselves in September. Our second Millennium cruise was last March from Hong Kong to Shanghai and we LOVED it....