Which Sky Suite? - Reflection

Smileyatsea

We've never been in a Sky Suite (nor any type of suite before), but are looking at some S1s on Reflection.

I've read the descriptions from the Google doc posted above, but I am still having trouble deciding.

Debate is between 1214 (aft corner on deck 10) or 2108 or 2109 on deck 11 (angle of the front hump). We usually book with cabins above and that's not possible with deck 11 though these look to be under the solarium so probably not too noisy.

I've had an aft cabin before and loved it (on another line). What is bothering me a bit about 1214 is the reports of sporadic soot, the concern that the balcony is uncovered, and the concern that it is a connecting cabin. But, again, love the aft, and I think the porthole is neat.

We don't really want to be in direct sun, but I would think going east it would be somewhat shaded during the morning and going west, it would be somewhat shaded in the afternoon. So, that may not be such an issue. I can't tell how regular the soot issue is or not.

Any opinions or feedback on these locations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I was in a Sky Suite on Reflection. A corner AFT cabin. I absolutely loved it. Was my favorite Sky suite so far.

Loved the round window on the side.

I didn't notice any soot at all. I loved loved loved that cabin.

I believe I was on Deck 10.

Charlie

We were in 1665 one deck above and loved it. There was enough shade in our corner S1 to be able to sit out. Also we could be outside and not be seen from above.

Deck 11 on the Reflection has the spider. Deck 12 all the scrapping From above... S1 corner afts...deck 10 could have soot or not depending on Cruise and direction...whether it is real hot depends on time of year and direction. OP did not mention specific cruise....my comments pertain to Reflection S1 corner afts only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

We stayed in 1214 for 16 nights (TA) and never had a soot problem (but it likely depends upon the wind and other factors). There is lots of sun, depending on time of day and position but a partial overhang that you can sit under.

It isn't connected to the cabin next to it - they share a large entryway area. It was one of the most private, quiet cabins we have ever stayed in.