Calm or Rough Seas Up To New England/Canada?

Hello,

I'm taking the Royal Caribbean August 31 cruise up to New England. We went there a few years ago, but I can't remember how the seas were -- rough or calm? Last time we went it wasn't late August, so not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Thanks!

The roughest seas we encountered on any voyage to Canada NE included at stop in Halifax. For some reason, it seems that either going to or from Halifax rough seas are encountered. Nothing to do with the weather or time of year. IMO it is due to the change of water/seas ... one way you are going with the current and the other way you are going against the current. e always book a cabin as mid ship as possible for this reason.

MARAPRINCE

The roughest seas we encountered on any voyage to Canada NE included at stop in Halifax. For some reason, it seems that either going to or from Halifax rough seas are encountered. Nothing to do with the weather or time of year. IMO it is due to the change of water/seas ... one way you are going with the current and the other way you are going against the current. e always book a cabin as mid ship as possible for this reason.

MARAPRINCE

This was exactly the case on my June 1st sailing. The evening before and the morning of arrival were quite rough.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't how much difference it being the beginning of October, but as we left the Gulf of St. Lawrence heading to Boston we were treated some of the roughest weather that we have encountered which lasted close to 24 hours. Elevators were closed for a good portion of that time if you were wondering around looking for good spot to peer out or go to dinner. Had to build barricades in the bed with pillows to help dampen your movement in the bed. We were over 8 hours late arriving at Boston.

Even though I have suggested another cruise to that part of the world, she who should be obeyed has nixed the idea. Hopefully YMMV!

Hello,

I'm taking the Royal Caribbean August 31 cruise up to New England. We went there a few years ago, but I can't remember how the seas were -- rough or calm? Last time we went it wasn't late August, so not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Thanks!

It depends on the weather.

Hello,

Thanks!

We sailed in late August early Sept. and the seas were calmer than the Carib. On our way back the seas were like lake water. Guess what, when Anthem subsequently sailed to Bermuda, they encountered some awful weather.