Onboard credit question

dpump

Made our final payment next week and am wondering if there is any way we can check if our onboard credits

have been posted to our account. Dealing with a newbie travel agent and just don't want anything not done correctly.

Made our final payment next week and am wondering if there is any way we can check if our onboard credits

have been posted to our account. Dealing with a newbie travel agent and just don't want anything not done correctly.

If you booked through a TA, they have to check the system. Our TA gives us a printout.

Me too. I get a the lengthy confirmation paperwork from the TA which I print out at least the pertinent pages, and I highlight the OBC, and any other perks (e.g., complimentary wine, gratuities included, beverage packages... etc.). I also copy it into my electronic files for the cruise which will be on a thumb drive as well as a device. I bring my confirmation copy on the cruise and check at the front desk on the first full day onboard - I ask them for a print out of my/our account and cross-check to make sure all the perks are in HALs records. If there is a discrepancy, then there is time to fix it then... the front desk people will contact Seattle who will contact the TA, and back again, so it does take some time, maybe days.

Frankly, I would not make final payment until I had that confirmation paperwork in my possession and all in order... names correct, cabin number, dates of birth, and any perks.

Same for the stock holders benefit credit which I submit to HAL myself; I take whatever paperwork I have to substantiate that too. If you don't have paperwork from your TA, call your TA and request it now. If you do have that paperwork showing all your data and perks, and final payment balance $0.00, that's all you should need from the TA. m--

Thanks everyone. So, I can't log into my account on Holland America and see the OBC there?

Gal we're using is great, but even with our travel experience we have, wish we would of dealt with someone with more experience. Ask her a question, she doesn't know and says she has to look it up. Pretty sure concerning the question we ask, but just wanting to make sure since it's been a few years since we last cruised on Holland. Lesson learned.

Thanks everyone. So, I can't log into my account on Holland America and see the OBC there?

Gal we're using is great, but even with our travel experience we have, wish we would of dealt with someone with more experience. Ask her a question, she doesn't know and says she has to look it up. Pretty sure concerning the question we ask, but just wanting to make sure since it's been a few years since we last cruised on Holland. Lesson learned.

Your TA should be able to email you a pdf itinerary which would have your OBC on it (other than any she is giving you and the CCL share credit).

If she is that unfamiliar with HAL cruises and/or cruising, and, if she has no cancellation fees & not giving you any OBC/significant benefits, perhaps it is best to have the cruise transferred back to HAL?

Or suggest that you may need to do that if she can't give you the service you need?

Not trying to be mean, but some basic service should be there IMO.