Just for fun...

code_d

Insulin is not injected via a "big hypodermic needle", either. As stated by others, blood does not shoot out or go anywhere but on the test strip when the sugar level is being checked. There is no "contamination" of anything nearby when a diabetic is checking their blood sugar or getting their insulin injected.

I get that needles may be disturbing to the OP. However, in the time it took you to see the woman's diabetes being treated, you could also have simply looked away. And while you look away and go about eating, be grateful that you can do that without a second thought. For a diabetic, everything, every little thing, every bite, of anything, has to be calculated for carbohydrates and whether or not an insulin injection is needed.

Guys, this thread is ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with doing insulin while sitting in a table in a dining room. If you feel uncomfortable, just look away.

Can we please get back to the funny stories?

That's got to be it. My son is a diabetic and checks his blood sugar level and takes his insulin shot at the table. He's been so discrete about it that others at the table haven't even noticed he's done it.

Going to the bathroom to do this is not only inconvenient for the diabetic (and, believe me, that disease is "inconvenient" enough for them), but also less sanitary than doing it at the table.

" Going to the bathroom is inconvenient "

So don't bother washing his hands Before or after. :loudcry:

GROSS!!!!

A *large* couple having dinner close to us at Cagneys on the Dawn. Maybe an hr later, saw said couple chowing down on a pile of wings at (then) Blue Lagoon.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Seriously? How does seeing someone fat enjoying themselves on their vacation (mind you, the same way my 160lb male partner would on a cruise.) affect you at all? Would it be the worst thing you saw if it was two skinny people? Does it bother you when fat people kiss? Or dance, or maybe just exist? If seeing fat people eat twice is the "worst" thing you ever saw on a cruise ship, I might venture that seeing someone as judgemental as you might be the worst thing someone else saw on their cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seriously? How does seeing someone fat enjoying themselves on their vacation (mind you, the same way my 160lb male partner would on a cruise.) affect you at all? Would it be the worst thing you saw if it was two skinny people? Does it bother you when fat people kiss? Or dance, or maybe just exist? If seeing fat people eat twice is the "worst" thing you ever saw on a cruise ship, i might venture that seeing someone as judgemental as you might be the worst thing someone else saw on their cruise.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

^^^^ +1

Seriously? How does seeing someone fat enjoying themselves on their vacation (mind you, the same way my 160lb male partner would on a cruise.) affect you at all? Would it be the worst thing you saw if it was two skinny people? Does it bother you when fat people kiss? Or dance, or maybe just exist? If seeing fat people eat twice is the "worst" thing you ever saw on a cruise ship, I might venture that seeing someone as judgemental as you might be the worst thing someone else saw on their cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly!

I have crohn's disease and can eat many meals in a row without batting an eye.

Moral here.. don't judge anyone without judging yourself!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Why don't you understand it's a Biohazard , hitting a vein could shoot blood all over the place.

And it not appetizing to see whilst Dinning. I left my meal on the table.

GROSS.

My family is all in the medical field. That's not how an insulin shot works. Have you ever actually seen an insulin shot? Because I give them everyday, and it's not going to spray across the table and hit you, as much as I wish it would...

It's insulin, not a street drug. They need it to live. Go spread your hate somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

An extremely intoxicated kid, (looked to be barley drinking age) trying to get into the roped off, closed, partially drained pool late at night. He was also yelling and causing a scene.

Saw the same kid a couple more times extremely intoxicated, and just out of control. Really sad.(IMHO)

Well I can thank God I havent seen the worst. Idk about other cruises but i know on NCL once the boat went in the middle of the ocean drinking age was 18 years old. And that was only beer and wine I think. *But drinking age friends always snuck them the hard liquor.* When I was on that same cruise I just saw a lot of young people acting "rebellious" so to speak lol. Drinking, falling on the floor, getting loud etc. I'm not saying you can't have a good time but there has to be some limits. It is sad, hopefully one day they will grow up and see that theres no fun in puking your guts out the next morning or doing something embarrassing.

Why don't you understand it's a Biohazard , hitting a vein could shoot blood all over the place.

And it not appetizing to see whilst Dinning. I left my meal on the table.

GROSS.

What is wrong about doing heroin in pubic? It is vacation after all. The best part about free style cruising is doing what you like to do. :cool:

What is wrong about doing heroin in pubic? It is vacation after all. The best part about free style cruising is doing what you like to do. :cool:

That's great. Thank you for making me laugh lol

On our last trip on the Getaway, and old man I would guess to be in is late 80's took his swim shorts off right in front of us walking from the buffet. Thank god his had his back to us. I would not have wanted to be on the other side.

As the wife of a T1 diabetic walking to a medical centre/cabin can make someone more low (blood sugar) if they are heading that way because they are using energy.If a diabetic is low they may be disorientated or hot and flustered and may not remember their cabin/be able to find it or wander off. Granted this is rare but my husband would not wander off somewhere else to do his insulin/blood test because someone thinks a tiny drop of blood is 'gross'. The strips are designed to 'seal' the blood and due to the diameter of the hole it pretty much stops bleeding straight away as the blood has to be pushed out in the first place.

Most diabetic pens also now look like a marker pen and I find 'shooting up' derogatory. Diabetics are not drug abusers and are putting a small needle into their leg/stomach (often done through clothing) to give a substance that you and I take for granted.

As the wife of a T1 diabetic walking to a medical centre/cabin can make someone more low (blood sugar) if they are heading that way because they are using energy.If a diabetic is low they may be disorientated or hot and flustered and may not remember their cabin/be able to find it or wander off. Granted this is rare but my husband would not wander off somewhere else to do his insulin/blood test because someone thinks a tiny drop of blood is 'gross'. The strips are designed to 'seal' the blood and due to the diameter of the hole it pretty much stops bleeding straight away as the blood has to be pushed out in the first place.

Most diabetic pens also now look like a marker pen and I find 'shooting up' derogatory. Diabetics are not drug abusers and are putting a small needle into their leg/stomach (often done through clothing) to give a substance that you and I take for granted.

I absolutely 100% disagree with your reasonable and appropriate actions. Your DH should absolutely risk syncope, head trauma, bone fractures, and a hefty medical bill just so that others don't get grossed out by a single drop of blood. And if he gets a YUGE gash on his forehead when passing out, make sure to tell him not to bleed. One drop is gross to some. So Blood streaming from someone's face is even grosser b/c it can mix with his plate of food.

How DARE you try to make people lose their appetite on a cruise? So inconsiderate to have a medical emergency in front of others on their vacation. Shame on you for being so ignorant.

Edited by Farts

On a carnival cruise, I think I was about 13 at the time (I'm almost 18 now), and I was with my three cousins. The ship we were on had soft serve ice cream machines everywhere, and we spend the entire cruise trying to make the perfect cone of ice cream with a twist. Cousin #1 comes back to our table so excited that he finally did it, so cousin #2 scoops the ice cream up off the cone and immediately just eats it. We were in the buffet and just sat there laughing. Directly in front of us was a table of older ladies, late 70's probably, and one of them just goes "did you see that? That little **** just destroyed that kids ice cream?"

It was the funniest thing.

Guys, this thread is ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with doing insulin while sitting in a table in a dining room. If you feel uncomfortable, just look away.

Can we please get back to the funny stories?

I test in my cabin:D

Well I can thank God I havent seen the worst. Idk about other cruises but i know on NCL once the boat went in the middle of the ocean drinking age was 18 years old. And that was only beer and wine I think. *But drinking age friends always snuck them the hard liquor.* When I was on that same cruise I just saw a lot of young people acting "rebellious" so to speak lol. Drinking, falling on the floor, getting loud etc. I'm not saying you can't have a good time but there has to be some limits. It is sad, hopefully one day they will grow up and see that theres no fun in puking your guts out the next morning or doing something embarrassing.

I don't know, I've seen much bigger problems with the 40 year olds being drunk than the 18-25 year olds.