Cruisenext deposit but only cruise we like is a 5 day - what to do?

trajan

We have a $250 cruisenext deposit that we have had for a year. Looking ahead we don't see any 6 day or longer cruises with ncl that work for us. We were interested in the Dawn 7 day out of San Juan on Dec 10, 2017 but that's not ksf so that kills it for us.

We do very much like the 5 day Pacific Coastal on the new Bliss next October. Obviously the cruisenext deposit is for 6 day cruises or longer. Has anyone had any luck getting it applied at say a reduced value for a shorter cruise? Any other way to get value out of this? Do they ever just refund them less the credit we got?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to the rules, you are out of luck, because the cruise has to be 6 days or longer and they only offer refunds (less the onboard credit) within 30 days of purchase. You can always call them and ask them to bend one of these rules for you (I am not aware of anyone else being successful with that, but who knows). Your other option is to transfer the deposit to someone else who can use it (either as a gift or for whatever price you are both happy with).

We have a $250 cruisenext deposit that we have had for a year. Looking ahead we don't see any 6 day or longer cruises with ncl that work for us. We were interested in the Dawn 7 day out of San Juan on Dec 10, 2017 but that's not ksf so that kills it for us.

We do very much like the 5 day Pacific Coastal on the new Bliss next October. Obviously the cruisenext deposit is for 6 day cruises or longer. Has anyone had any luck getting it applied at say a reduced value for a shorter cruise? Any other way to get value out of this? Do they ever just refund them less the credit we got?

According to the NCL website, "All CruiseNext Deposits are valid for new reservations made within 4 years from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture CruiseNext Deposit."

Seriously? :confused:

Yes, seriously. We have other cruises planned but based on our wants and costs just worked out that none are with ncl.

Did a quick search and yeah, I see people selling them thru various venues.

I called ncl just now and nice lady said very firmly but politely no. She said they had no issue with me transferring it to somebody else.

Ty for the feedback.

My my maybe they would be interested in bartering selling a certificate to someone who may have intentions

of combining with another and offering less than fair value for the solo certificate.

What is wrong with providing information that may or may not be beneficial to others in similar circumstances ?

Who knows the Trajan folks may reconsider a 6 day cruise after all - they have three years remaining to make

a decision on the certificate use and if not what to ask for in a fair return.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with providing information, I just didn't understand why you were providing this particular piece of information. I guess if you're selling a certificate you can explain about the 2-deposit promo as a possible selling point, but personally I would keep it simple and go for buyers that already know what a CruiseNext deposit is and how it works.

As for the "fair" price, I am sure there is no need to discuss that again here, but don't let that stop you.

Make the reservation and let them "tell" you that you can't use it. I once had a Cruise Next posted to a less than 6 day cruise but ended up cancelling it anyway. Point is it doesn't hurt to try.

My my maybe they would be interested in bartering selling a certificate to someone who may have intentions

of combining with another and offering less than fair value for the solo certificate.

What is wrong with providing information that may or may not be beneficial to others in similar circumstances ?

Who knows the Trajan folks may reconsider a 6 day cruise after all - they have three years remaining to make

a decision on the certificate use and if not what to ask for in a fair return.

It is good to keep in mind. If I did use it and a double certificate promo was going on I'd now look for a second to buy.

Am still checking 6 day+ cruises but based on personal preferences am a little leery of the newer NCL ships. The 5 day from our home port seems like a good way to test those waters.

Tempted to try the suggestion to just call and book it.

Another thing to consider is -1- certificate to be applied per cruise UNLESS there is a promo allowing 2 (READ fine PRINT) !

Our cruise consultant usually uses two certificates with or without a promotion. There is some latitude.