Priceline express deal

taylortime05

Hi

I will be in MIami on Nov 24th and leaving on Escape the next day. I can get 5 star express deal on Priceline in Miami BRickell FInancial District for total 164. There is 10 percent off today. Is this a good deal?

Thanks for the feedback.

If it's the Four Seasons I would jump on it! Just FYI other travel sites are not allowed on CC.. So this thread may go poof.

I wouldn't know which specific hotel until I submit. Are all the 5 star hotels in the area worth the asking price? Thanks

Looking at betterbidding.com, the 5 star express deal is probably the Epic (Kimpton). Compare the amenities there to what you see on PL to double check.

Use the betterbidding.com site to help with priceline and hotwire.

Too, you can check on the priceline sticky at the top of this board and see if anyone has booked it lately.

Good luck.

Edited by eandj

Hi

I will be in MIami on Nov 24th and leaving on Escape the next day. I can get 5 star express deal on Priceline in Miami BRickell FInancial District for total 164. There is 10 percent off today. Is this a good deal?

Thanks for the feedback.

Seems within the price range

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Looking at betterbidding.com, the 5 star express deal is probably the Epic (Kimpton). Compare the amenities there to what you see on PL to double check.

Use the betterbidding.com site to help with priceline and hotwire.

Too, you can check on the priceline sticky at the top of this board and see if anyone has booked it lately.

Good luck.

I just won (one hour ago$ the Kimpton Epic through Priceline Express Deals. Epic is the only 5 star that shows up in the Port of Miami region on PL Express Deals, per better bidding site

My dates are October 4-6. Asking price was $130 before the 10% discount coupon was applied. This is a great deal!

Only thing is, wifi is not included, but since we are saving $125 since cancelling our 3.5 star Ft. Lauderdale hotel, we can splurge

For the wifi. [emoji3]

The 4.5 star property in the Port area is the Intercontinental, but it is currently $157 before the $15 per night resort fee, so we decided to go for the Epic instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

If you are out and about there are public spots where you can pick up wifi, if you don't want to pay hotel rates. Not sure what they will charge.

You got a very nice value!!! Have fun.

Hope the OP, taylortime, comes back for this info.

I need to do some more research. I don't know if I should get the deal for 5 star in Port of Miami ($180) or Downtown Miami Brickell Financial District (146). For Port of Miami it sounds like I would get Epic but not sure about Brickell District.

PL 5 Star downtown financial area includes JW Marriott, W, Four Seasons and Mandarin. Use better bidding to compare the amenities and google the locations.

You can't go wrong with a 5 star property like these, especially on off season rates.

DO COME BACK here and to the Priceline sticky to report which one you got to help others.;)

This......

PL 5 Star downtown financial area includes JW Marriott, W, Four Seasons and Mandarin. Use better bidding to compare the amenities and google the locations.

You can't go wrong with a 5 star property like these, especially on off season rates.

DO COME BACK here and to the Priceline sticky to report which one you got to help others.;)

No there's really no risk as far as 5 star properties. You already know what you can pay for the express value. So if you want to do the bidding routine, go ahead. Just depends on the availability at the hotels on your date. You aren't going to get a deal MUCH lower. But you might save 15 or 20$ . I don't know.

Can you narrow down the express hotel by its amenities listed on better bidding?

But... you have to understand that inventory and hotel lists change and that isn't always reflected on the help site hotel lists.

Again, there's no risk when looking to a 5 star....EXCEPT in my opinion, if the location of a particular 5 star is not where I would want to be, I wouldn't risk a blind site. We used to use PL quite a bit before LMTClub showed up. But we never took chances especially for a multi night stay, if one or more of the hotels were out of walking distance to what we wanted to do and see. We insist on being in the middle of "stuff". Not sitting in some 5 star property out by an airport.:rolleyes:

Update on my 5 star win from yesterday at the Kimpton Epic in Miami for $117 per night: (pretax, and including a 10% off coupon code) ...

I had indicated that the wifi is not free. Well, that is not true. I joined the Kimpton Karma Rewards Club, and because of that the wifi will be complimentary. [emoji483][emoji847]

I went with the express deal. I got W on Brickell for 1 night on Friday, Nov 24 for prices shown below. I'm not sure why I added the insurance but it was only 5.00. I tried looking on LMTCLUB, but it wasn't available on Brickell. They only had it listed for Ft. Lauderdale and South Beach.

Has anyone stayed at W? I hope it's nice and safe. I wanted to be close to the Port. I would have went with Port of Miami Express Deal but it was 34 dollars higher and I don't think the cab ride from Brickell to Port will be 34 extra dollars.

Room Price: $146.00/night Number of rooms: 1 Room Number of nights: 1 Night Room Subtotal: $146.00 Trip Protection: $5.00 Taxes & Fees: $31.97 Coupon: $-14.60 Total Charged: $168.37

Paid in full

Update on my 5 star win from yesterday at the Kimpton Epic in Miami for $117 per night: (pretax, and including a 10% off coupon code) ...

I had indicated that the wifi is not free. Well, that is not true. I joined the Kimpton Karma Rewards Club, and because of that the wifi will be complimentary. [emoji483][emoji847]

What was your coupon code for 10% off?