Priceline express deal

taylortime05

Thanks. I saw the sales.

I wonder if the 4.5 star downtown port of Miami property for $150 is the IC?

4.5 in Port of Miami is the Intercontinental on PL Express Deals per better bidding dot com. For our dates it was running $157

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just won (one hour ago$ the Kimpton Epic through Priceline Express Deals. Epic is the only 5 star that shows up in the Port of Miami region on PL Express Deals, per better bidding site

My dates are October 4-6. Asking price was $130 before the 10% discount coupon was applied. This is a great deal!

Only thing is, wifi is not included, but since we are saving $125 since cancelling our 3.5 star Ft. Lauderdale hotel, we can splurge

For the wifi. [emoji3]

The 4.5 star property in the Port area is the Intercontinental, but it is currently $157 before the $15 per night resort fee, so we decided to go for the Epic instead.

I can't figure out using better bidding site to tell me which hotels are included in price line express deals. I was able to cancel my reservation for W. I'm little hesitant to try again. I'd love to get the Epic or Intercontinental. The 5 star for Port of Miami is 189 and 230 with tax. Do you think it's still the Epic and is that a good deal for day after Thanksgiving? It seems a little pricey to me. T

Thanks for your feedback.

Sue

I can't figure out using better bidding site to tell me which hotels are included in price line express deals. I was able to cancel my reservation for W. I'm little hesitant to try again. I'd love to get the Epic or Intercontinental. The 5 star for Port of Miami is 189 and 230 with tax. Do you think it's still the Epic and is that a good deal for day after Thanksgiving? It seems a little pricey to me. T

Sue

Yes...it looks like it is running at $383 with taxes.

Go to tripadvisor dot com and you can compare prices with several online travel sites.

For the day after T-Day I would get something reserved ASAP.

Yes...it looks like it is running at $383 with taxes.

Go to tripadvisor dot com and you can compare prices with several online travel sites.

For the day after T-Day I would get something reserved ASAP.

But can I really be certain that the 5 star price line express is the Epic? On Priceline they have other 5 star hotels in the Port of Miami area.

But can I really be certain that the 5 star price line express is the Epic? On Priceline they have other 5 star hotels in the Port of Miami area.

I don't think it is the Kimpton Epic. I'm looking on Priceline at the description of the Epic and they have "pets allowed" as one of the amenities. But under the express deals, "pets allowed" is not listed.

You have to do some investigation when you are trying to figure out which hotel it might be. Compare the amenities! This is crucial. Many times you will be able to figure out which hotel it is either or not. But it's all a guess. I've use priceline name your own price when we went to Hawaii.

You just have to do your homework and be willing to accept a hotel that you get. If it's 4 or 5 star in the area that I wanted, I wouldn't be too concerned for 1 night.

There is another site to check for information:

biddingfortravel dot com.

If you really want the EPIC, then just go ahead and book it directly with the hotel. Call them and see if they will match the $189 price. You can't lose anything by calling them direct.

Let us know what you end up with.

For the Port of Miami Priceline Express Deals 5 Star it might be the JW Marriott Marquis.

Edited by E@syPe@zy
Add info.

Sue

I've attached a screen shot. For Priceline hotels where you bid,

There are many five star, but for PL EXPRESS so far only the Epic has been the ONLY hotel on the list.

However, another hotel could pop up. As stated above, comparing the amenities list is extremely important.

Also, how were you able to cancel your W reservation, since all Priceline deals are final??? Did you simply make a reservation through Priceline or had you bid on a room?

Please note that Intercontinental is the only 4.5 star property in the Port of Miami area. Please look at the amenity list on the screenshot. Also, it is identifiable by the city view or Bay view room descriptions

Both properties are identified in the Port of Miami map region, not in the Brickell map region

UPDATE: I checked your date at believe the five star could possibly be a different hotel than the Epic due to no animal icon.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN DEALING WITH PRICELINE AND YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO ACCEPT WHAT YOU GET.

However, the 4.5 star is the Intercontinental as matching with the betterbidding criteria, $15 resort fee per night and city view or Bay view room.

b9076d6de7f11525f32766a30776cf14.png

Edited by 4cats4me

I've attached a screen shot. For Priceline hotels where you bid,

There are many five star, but for PL EXPRESS so far only the Epic has been the ONLY hotel on the list.

However, another hotel could pop up. As stated above, comparing the amenities list is extremely important.

Also, how were you able to cancel your W reservation, since all Priceline deals are final??? Did you simply make a reservation through Priceline or had you bid on a room?

Please note that Intercontinental is the only 4.5 star property in the Port of Miami area. Please look at the amenity list on the screenshot. Also, it is identifiable by the city view or Bay view room descriptions

Both properties are identified in the Port of Miami map region, not in the Brickell map region

UPDATE: I checked your date at believe the five star could possibly be a different hotel than the Epic due to no animal icon.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN DEALING WITH PRICELINE AND YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO ACCEPT WHAT YOU GET.

However, the 4.5 star is the Intercontinental as matching with the betterbidding criteria, $15 resort fee per night and city view or Bay view room.

b9076d6de7f11525f32766a30776cf14.png

Thank you for all the info. I complained to Priceline & the hotel that I was not happy with the hotel because their main pool is under major renovation. The hotel confirmed that it is not expected to be completed by the end of November. The hotel made an exception and gave Priceline the ok to cancel the reservation. I agree with you that if you bid you need to be prepared to accept the hotel you get. So I am really cautious about bidding again. I hear so many great win stories but maybe it's not for me. I will keep thinking about it.

I don't think it is the Kimpton Epic. I'm looking on Priceline at the description of the Epic and they have "pets allowed" as one of the amenities. But under the express deals, "pets allowed" is not listed.

You have to do some investigation when you are trying to figure out which hotel it might be. Compare the amenities! This is crucial. Many times you will be able to figure out which hotel it is either or not. But it's all a guess. I've use priceline name your own price when we went to Hawaii.

You just have to do your homework and be willing to accept a hotel that you get. If it's 4 or 5 star in the area that I wanted, I wouldn't be too concerned for 1 night.

There is another site to check for information:

biddingfortravel dot com.

If you really want the EPIC, then just go ahead and book it directly with the hotel. Call them and see if they will match the $189 price. You can't lose anything by calling them direct.

Let us know what you end up with.

For the Port of Miami Priceline Express Deals 5 Star it might be the JW Marriott Marquis.

Thank you for all the information. You're right. If I really want a specific hotel then bidding is not for me. I will keep thinking about it. Thanks again.

Thank you for all the info. I complained to Priceline & the hotel that I was not happy with the hotel because their main pool is under major renovation. The hotel confirmed that it is not expected to be completed by the end of November. The hotel made an exception and gave Priceline the ok to cancel the reservation. I agree with you that if you bid you need to be prepared to accept the hotel you get. So I am really cautious about bidding again. I hear so many great win stories but maybe it's not for me. I will keep thinking about it.

It's just not the main pool, it is the entire pool deck that spans between all 3 of the Icon buildings! Not only was the pool leaking but the tiles put in were causing many slip and fall accidents and lawsuits.

end of November is a generous estimate.

I'm glad you were able to get out of your deal there.

It's just not the main pool, it is the entire pool deck that spans between all 3 of the Icon buildings! Not only was the pool leaking but the tiles put in were causing many slip and fall accidents and lawsuits.

end of November is a generous estimate.

I'm glad you were able to get out of your deal there.

We have stayed once at Hampton Inn in Brickell Town and it was very nice and included breakfast. I am thinking about booking it again for 1 night Nov 24th. Do you recommend any other hotels either in Brickell or Downtown Miami that will stay around 200 per night. Thank you for your input.

LMT CLUB has JW Marriott Marquis for $190.

Hotwire has Atton Brickell for $169.

Check them out. If you don't like surprises or lack of control, then the blind sites aren't for you.

We like the Hampton Inn Brickell for the value and easy walk location.

It said "Last person got the ME Miami hotel" which is the Melia.

Thank you for the follow-up. So glad it worked out for you.

Good luck with your property search. [emoji4]

Priceline bidding is not for everyone

if you want a specific hotel then book that hotel either direct or if PL has a good deal but read the fine print some are non refundable rates

I use PL for Europe but NEVER for Miami

jmo

LMT CLUB has JW Marriott Marquis for $190.

Hotwire has Atton Brickell for $169.

Check them out. If you don't like surprises or lack of control, then the blind sites aren't for you.

We like the Hampton Inn Brickell for the value and easy walk location.

I was looking online today and Atton Brickell had deal on their website for 133.68 total including tax. It is fully refundable up to 3 days before arrival. It includes free Wi-Fi, 30% off bar rates and complimentary Buffet Breakfasts for 2 guests daily. It sounds like a reasonable deal and if I find something better I can always cancel. Thank you for the feedback.

I was looking online today and Atton Brickell had deal on their website for 133.68 total including tax. It is fully refundable up to 3 days before arrival. It includes free Wi-Fi, 30% off bar rates and complimentary Buffet Breakfasts for 2 guests daily. It sounds like a reasonable deal and if I find something better I can always cancel. Thank you for the feedback.

FANTASTIC deal, taylortime! Yep, sometimes going to the hotel direct with a call or web page, will yield the best results. I know in Europe we ONLY book direct. And you discovered the same thing right here at home. I'm sure you'll be happy. And think of the $$ you are saving!!