Harmony for Past Allure/Oasis Cruisers- Will We be Bored?

My family has booked the Harmony of the Seas for this month really last minute. We are really excited, but also I am worried that we will be bored since the Harmony is so similar to the Allure/Oasis. We have been on the sister ships 5 times. Any tips on how to make this cruise interesting and set it apart from our past Oasis/Allure cruises? Has anyone been on both? Are they that similar or will be still be amazed? I know that we have new dining options, new shows, the slides, and the escape room. Any more insights would be very helpful- I am so nervous that we paid for all of this and it will be just like the Oasis/Allure! (there are 6 people in our party that range from age 17-50).

We've done the Oasis and Allure several times each. We sailed the Harmony two months ago. There are subtle differences in the OAS/AOS and HOS such as the new water slides and "The Abyss" but that's about it in the pool areas. Of the new restaurants, Jamie's and Wonderland, Wonderland was amazing. The menu is not a menu as they speak with you when you sit down and bring you several courses of unique plates that are very, very good. My advise is to turn down nothing and eat everything! The desserts are mind-blowing!! Jamie's is a rustic Italian that we also enjoyed very much. The main show "Grease" was excellent! The water show you have to see to believe. The new WOW bands were easy to use in the bars and on Labadee, ( although most bars only had one WOW reader baking up order payment), but using them for drinks on the deck was awkward since you had to take off the band and give it to the server to use at the bar. RCCL should give each server a WOW reader. That would increase the use of the band aboard ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done oasis allure and harmony! We are going on harmony for a second time in November. Have been on anthem twice! Never have we been bored! Also never felt like we were on a repeat vacation did different itineraries/ activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been on Allure 2X, Oasis 5X and Harmony 3X. We have never been bored! Booked on Allure 2X more, Harmony 1X more and Oasis 1X more through 2018. If you get bored on Oasis class ships, you won't enjoy any other ship or cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harmony is so different that you won't be bored - the water slides, the different restaurants, the ultimate abyss, Escape the Rubicon and all the differing entertainment options (including shows) means you won't be bored. You're more likely to be bored in port [emoji6]

Have been on all three. I disagree that being bored on one of these means you couldn't possibly enjoy ANY OTHER ship since all those "other ships" offer different things.

one thing we think is better on the Harmony that the Oasis and the Allure is the SERVICE, especially in the MDR.

Never been on Harmony but you've gotten plenty of ship-specific feedback anyway. I was on Allure 5 years ago and Oasis a month ago... and I'm jumping back on Oasis this Sunday. A really good price popped up the day after we got off and I immediately put a hold on it so DW and I could discuss something similar.

What helped us was to make a list of as many things as we could think of that we either didn't do at all last month or could do differently. It was a little different for us b/c last time was a family cruise with young nieces and DW's parents and this time is just us but I still recommend the "list of new stuff" idea, especially since you can start with the things Harmony offers that the other ships don't.

Some of our things are obvious like try a new restaurant or go on a new excursion but others are really small and by the time you're done I'll bet the list will be longer than you expected even if you have been on Oasis-class 5 times.

I've never done Oasis to compare it to the other two, but entertainment on Harmony is much better than Allure. (Except Ice Games on Allure - I really love that!!)

Not sure how anyone could be "bored" on any Oasis class ship...we've been on them all and never been "bored".

Each has their own uniqueness...Harmony has Abyss and the water slides (we don't care about water slides, but still admire them for other passengers' enjoyment)...Abyss and the dining room decor are unique to that ship.

We're booked on Oasis next Spring again...and likely doing another "rotation" through all of them again.

My family has booked the Harmony of the Seas for this month really last minute. We are really excited, but also I am worried that we will be bored since the Harmony is so similar to the Allure/Oasis. We have been on the sister ships 5 times. Any tips on how to make this cruise interesting and set it apart from our past Oasis/Allure cruises? Has anyone been on both? Are they that similar or will be still be amazed? I know that we have new dining options, new shows, the slides, and the escape room. Any more insights would be very helpful- I am so nervous that we paid for all of this and it will be just like the Oasis/Allure! (there are 6 people in our party that range from age 17-50).
Huh????? You've ben on the sister ships and yet you ask this question????.....:rolleyes:

Huh????? You've ben on the sister ships and yet you ask this question????.....:rolleyes:

Very helpful response. :rolleyes:

What do you care what questions other posters ask?