Live from MSC Meraviglia Sailing from Barcelona 7/7/17 with lots of photos!

kikki21

It could be that but the food looked the same on every night we were in the MDR whether it was a slow night or slower night. And again the food was lukewarm & well at times near enough cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Food is still the same as you described.

Thanks for confirming that Lugi. I would say that our balcony 13001 hot tub has been fitted the wrong way round then since surely when you are in it, you want to be facing forwards & ours didn't. Just plain weird!

Not surprised about the food!

It seems we have a new cabin attendant. He changed the water in the hot tub immediately for us while we were gone some time to the aquapark. He is very thoughtful. We are loving the hot tub enjoying the view og Napels right now.

Luigi, good to hear your updates. What have been the issues so far?

I am going to write down pros and cons when I have better Internet. I am on my providers Internet right now. The ships wifi is very weak.

It seems we have a new cabin attendant. He changed the water in the hot tub immediately for us while we were gone some time to the aquapark. He is very thoughtful. We are loving the hot tub enjoying the view og Napels right now.

That's good to know Lugi - ours didn't keep the room as clean as he could have done but at least he did empty the hot tub water - don't think he cleaned it though which was a bit yuck!

So we had a great time in Barcelona & now it is time to fly back home, just on the plane waiting for everyone to board.

I have a bit of a sniffle. Must admit I was perturbed about the lack of washy washy on the ship! [emoji853]

Did someone post the height restrictions on this thread, as we can't find them? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did and another cruiser: 42 inches for the tube slides, 48 inches for the bowl slide, 91 cm for the kids slide.

I know it sounds weird because I am the one on board but I cannot find the information on where to return the red and green kids wristbands. Does anyone know? If I keep it they charge me.

I talked to one at the bar service and he said that they don' t get the supplies they need in time, that there are not given any information, they are exhausted because there are not enough crew members on board and that they get A LOT of complaints from the guests. They also notive the decrease if good atmosphere.

I talked to one at the bar service and he said that they don' t get the supplies they need in time, that there are not given any information, they are exhausted because there are not enough crew members on board and that they get A LOT of complaints from the guests. They also notive the decrease if good atmosphere.

I'm not surprised. The whole ship was out of mint when we boarded in Barcelona so no one could have a mojito - fortunately this was resolved in Marseille but really running out of mint?!

Just bizarre!!!

The best advice I can give right now: If you are fond of a decent meal and don't like people shouting in your ear all the tine then don't book this ship.

I have to say I agree with that too Lugi. It seems that those in YC have a totally different experience to everyone else on Meraviglia. Such a shame.

58b12be25fe646da43451f1892e7556d.jpg

6b14f512ca87a55d2a1285a3c00a8bf8.jpg

So we got off the ship on Friday & chilled out for a few days in Barcelona before flying home this afternoon.

54c0f0b47572983df6e0ab628b0d041e.jpg

This time round we stayed in the Exiample area of Barcelona in the Europark Hotel. I got a great deal including breakfast for 3 nights & the hotel was well located, with a terrace & a fantastic breakfast.

3954a0bd3340bef5ba708b9a90bb0f61.jpg

I started feeling slightly unwell on the Friday & it looks like I've caught a cold.

Like I mentioned earlier I am concerned about the cleanliness of the ship without any hand cleansing enforced before you enter food areas etc.

Our room wasn't ready till 3pm so we walked around & had a light tapas lunch - yes proper food!

6c0fb27db386cf449c786144e62fe164.jpg

We rested up at our hotel until it was time to venture out to dinner at 9 Nine which was just round the corner - best to come early or make reservations here.

1a8b8b90059abed3794447a886c9c41f.jpg

It was amazing value for money & I was actually overfaced with all of the food!

95cb5d0a3f9876d42a4909c34c0b6953.jpg

58adc7c17f8ba89df8ef8bc056d772da.jpg

11b03bb6b41bbf534c980ba93deaff8b.jpg

These were the 3 tapas starters we had to share, all were delicious.

28c8e4126802e0c599b1a7b2382b399b.jpg

The Mr had the sea bass main & I had the lamb shoulder.694bbc7ef01fcaf8cce4c2911381c181.jpg

And there was still dessert to go!

093e7307bfcf20721881da2215e7166a.jpg

The Mr went for the chocolate fondant & I had the Mille feuille - delicious & actually full!

50153a45054b690ae115e549723c22b4.jpg

We could see why this place was packed!

Breakfast at our hotel set us up for the day - 557d903cf41887692e4156f64746f0df.jpg

Plentiful bread, cold meats, cheese, eggs, bacon, sausage & all sorts including yoghurt, fruit, cava, fruit juices & more plus the most divine pastries ever!

8f7d809c0336b27c665187eb539e3462.jpg

Our plan today was to relax some more & our hotel terrace with small pool deck provided exactly that with our pre planned & booked visit to Casa Batllo, one of the Gaudi houses which both of us greatly enjoyed.

408069881162077ce007dddcd6024c0a.jpg

fd6d6ba7c91ff1ca71dc957a20e67c42.jpg

3b4b7149588cb289be10cbda1c44854d.jpg

6de8d1108dd162fbfc95124b5e336d73.jpg

And great views from the roof area.

We decided to dine a bit earlier tonight & went to a place called Betlem which again wasn't far from the hotel & recommended by them.

It's a small place & on one of those typical Barcelona street corners but you can eat outside. The seats weren't that comfortable but the food was very good!

351c0df6aca34d8e483813eec1eee1b5.jpg

King crab ravioli - the pasta was so thin!

194544c722372560a7b58d218be2c54a.jpg

Squid was yummy too!