Live from MSC Meraviglia Sailing from Barcelona 7/7/17 with lots of photos!

kikki21

I took pics of the inside of the Brass Anchor pub menu last night.

36212cc0344f6a747289b3a401e1da27.jpg

4ba0082bad7c38b7d43fc042af3afd83.jpg

151fd8b4056cbd5eb54af32ec3f2c3ee.jpg

a387f51565ef410a8dafe6a6825fcd34.jpg

1e0f5101bf14dfd89b54c7d03e6457e7.jpg

bed7c4ffa57178ad9bd6b1329018a41e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on the * system does this mean that the only bottled beer available on the drinks package is Heineken? ( bit of a bad joke if that is the case). But all the draught beers are available?

I've answered my own question. A * means it is NOT included. Therefore no bottled beer, apart from Heineken: so only draught. Draught Tiger is good for me! Seems strange that they don't have an italian lager on draught though.

There are posts on another thread which say/imply that you cannot now get a glass of bubbles included within the package.... please tell me it's not true [emoji22]🥂

All menu pics I can see have no * by their prosecco offerings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kikki, just to say a really big thank you for the time and effort you've spent during your holiday posting your review and answering all the questions. Whilst I have a few more concerns than I did prior to you going at least my expectations won't be too high!

Looking forward to more reviews over the next couple of weeks and hopefully some improvement particularly in the the MDRs.

Hopefully MSC are watching these threads.

Please Remind me: * by prices on the drinks menu means it is or it isn't included in the drinkies package? #confused !

If there is an asterisk it means that it isn't included in the classic/deluxe drinks package but it is included if you have the premium package.

2 ** means that the item is not included in any package!

I've answered my own question. A * means it is NOT included. Therefore no bottled beer, apart from Heineken: so only draught. Draught Tiger is good for me! Seems strange that they don't have an italian lager on draught though.

There are posts on another thread which say/imply that you cannot now get a glass of bubbles included within the package.... please tell me it's not true [emoji22]🥂

As part of the included drinks package you get some cava/Prosecco included which you can have either dry or sweet.

There are also white, red & rose wines included.

The bar staff always seemed to be busy so we never got the chance to ask what type of wines they were but they were drinkable. We had the white wine & the rose on a few occasions but mainly stuck to the sparkling wine whatever it is! [emoji4]

Ok so getting off was relatively painless apart from the boing going off when we tried to get off the ship because we hadn't settled our bill - for a ship full of technology it seemed crazy that they don't just charge the card that you loaded up your credit with!

We also had issues with photos we wanted to buy as we had 4 on one cruise card & 1 on another - they tried several times to combine them onto 1 account but the computer said no!!!! [emoji23]

In the end we managed to download the files digitally onto my phone which is a really brilliant idea & a very nice man also gave us some free printed photos to make up for the issue!

I have to admit Malta isn't a port I would have thought about before booking, but it's now probably the one I'm most looking forward too.

Our favourite port - would definitely recommend and plan to explore more next year when we're on Seaview (it's the same itinerary [emoji23])

Kikki, just to say a really big thank you for the time and effort you've spent during your holiday posting your review and answering all the questions. Whilst I have a few more concerns than I did prior to you going at least my expectations won't be too high!

Looking forward to more reviews over the next couple of weeks and hopefully some improvement particularly in the the MDRs.

Hopefully MSC are watching these threads.

Aww thank you for your comments.

I know we could have spoken to the hotel director etc about the food issues but I think the issue needs to be addressed higher up the MSC chain.

The staff in the Aurea MDR seemed to be working hard & never stopped but they seemed to need more of them & I think that was a factor in our food being served lukewarm on most occasions but service was very patchy for sure.

I had high hopes that the food would be better than it was too. I really hope that MSC do read these threads!

All the attendant is bothered about is giving you the towels for the sun deck & that's it. Seriously & you get the idea that no one would probably actually know or even care much.

Case in example - we have had dinner moved to the buffet area the last 2 nights. We saw in the daily program that again we were meant to be in the buffet for dinner tonight, fair enough. We go to the buffet to be told the issue has been fixed but no one has told us this - communication is either poor or just hit & miss so please don't think we can't be bothered to ask. There isn't anyone to ask.

If it's not their job then you won't find out!

Dinner tonight for gala was at best mediocre.

This is the special main course created by a 2 star Michelin chef!

e15d5e625c42e4088186b81e0d0ba2a4.jpg

02f4e96efe96aad9043cc947a6384c1a.jpg

I literally don't have words.

Is that chef recommended meal [emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79]

Hi Yogoshady that was a blade of beef with celeriac purée & pomegranate & that's exactly what we got.

I'm not even sure that many people ordered it as it was on the other side of the menu!

It tasted nice to be fair but if that is the top dish then IMO it's not good enough!

I know a lot of people cruise for food but a lot of the dishes in the MDR were just not appetising to look at as they seriously looked like the food had been lobbed on & was often served warm.

Service last night took ages & we waited ages for bread & drinks & weren't even asked for top up's for drink.

I just got the impression that the staff weren't that bothered sadly.

The MDR last night was not a pleasant experience. It was noisy, crowded and tablets the waiters used didn't work. We needed to wait as the poor waiter had to struggle with the ordering system. Our drinks our order didn't come until after our starters were served. I had to return my prawns as they were cold and like mush! My husband asked about the celebrity chef special and the waiter suggested the main menu instead!

Would stress this was absolutely no fault of the wait staff / they work very hard but something seems wrong on board on the MDR.

Will add Earterly pics in a mo - we're at the airport!

Ps mushroom risotto was good and ordered as an extra side - my extra side didn't arrive....... nor did my son's side order of fries.

Is that chef recommended meal [emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79]

Yes that was the 2 star Michelin chef recommended meal!

It actually did taste nice but looked appalling & again just lobbed on a plate with no finesse! [emoji849][emoji15]

The MDR last night was not a pleasant experience. It was noisy, crowded and tablets the waiters used didn't work. We needed to wait as the poor waiter had to struggle with the ordering system. Our drinks our order didn't come until after our starters were served. I had to return my prawns as they were cold and like mush! My husband asked about the celebrity chef special and the waiter suggested the main menu instead!

Would stress this was absolutely no fault of the wait staff / they work very hard but something seems wrong on board on the MDR.

Will add Earterly pics in a mo - we're at the airport!

Ps mushroom risotto was good and ordered as an extra side - my extra side didn't arrive....... nor did my son's side order of fries.

Leighglo & her lovely family were on board at the same time as us & this sadly was also our experience of the MDR.

4ed5b48f8ae0e536b04c5343b8faae1e.jpg

c44e6ef5bbea7230a3f1974613e1bff0.jpg

I don't know how they cooked the scallops here but I'm sure they would have tasted better pan fried!

I have been lucky enough to eat at 1 & 2 star Michelin restaurants so if that dish was served up as the signature dish then most chefs would not want to be associated with that dish because it looked like something served up in a Harvester!

d779d30c66a03bda911a0ffb1c02e8b6.jpg

cfed11146d04c88aee0b9cc23753f8a1.jpg

The cheese plate

30fb94d987c6fa585682d4a607aaa0e9.jpg

And the baked Alaska dessert!

9297a8e0d15f021760b538317b6c0bdf.jpg

Yes it was just a teeny slice & this was the GALA dinner!!!

If you've got a drinks package (we were on the Aurea package (sometimes if the computer said yes!!!!) and my husband enjoyed a number of different beers on tap in the Brass Anchor - this is the only bar that offers a choice of drafts within our drinks package. All other bars it's only Heineiken. Downside in Brass Anchor is for non beer drinkers (i.e. Cocktail drinkers) where you only have 2 choices of non beer cocktails......however we popped across to the TV studio lounge bar across the way to get a full range of cocktails and brought them back to the B A as it had booths where we could play card games with the kids.

Here's the Eaterly menu within the speciality dining package and some pics

0174bc619b39d146a0ae1d3a978b3392.jpga01237b031786897491d907620f2cedb.jpg74b4653c40c2f9a1dd68409bffc28493.jpg594930a9916d8ebfcb668dde9ee03ff9.jpg7aa7aa90a64d064cd989f69a239af937.jpg45fb873e335fa01adc3d576391f25a33.jpg

You get to pic 3 things from menu. We felt it was a bit limited but the service in the place was excellent - wine continually topped up, nice chat with servers etc.

Kiki and Steven - it was lovely to meet you and chat. Enjoy your few days in Barca - we're very early for our flight since we were chucked out our cabin at 7.30am. Some wine will help! Safe travels home x

Kiki and Steven - it was lovely to meet you and chat. Enjoy your few days in Barca - we're very early for our flight since we were chucked out our cabin at 7.30am. Some wine will help! Safe travels home x

It was great to meet you Leigh & your lovely family!

Yes we managed to leave the room at our leisure ish at 7.45am lol! Way too early, feeling the pain!

We are enjoying chilling out at our hotel in Barca but our room isn't ready till 3 & we have some rather unseasonal Barca weather too!

Safe travels to you too X

Ps we have had no €100 credit!! Will add that to our e-mail!! x

[emoji15][emoji15]obviously I didn't ask why I got the credit but there was no explanation either so I presumed it was due to the Aurea restaurant debarkle! The only thing was we couldn't get off the ship without first settling the bill.

Most other cruise lines just bill the card you embarked with! X

042e9fbd021f1e733042ebc8c718c950.jpg

Few more pics of the Meraviglia.

b43ee6ccad41e183c60996b2424cbca2.jpg

Busy cruise ship day with 4 parked up here & one of the clipper cruise ships parked up closer to the Grand Marina Hotel

We are now at our 2nd leg hotel in Barcelona just chilling out - our room won't be ready till 3pm. We are at the Europark Hotel not too far away from Passeig de Gracia.

The room was booked at a special offer from Voyage Prive - we were able to get a superior room with breakfast for a great price!

ee5fff69b712d8a1c9e61a92b4cd221e.jpg

The hotel has a terrace area & pool on the 8th floor & looks great & modern.

We're going to have a wander round & eat some lunch!

Leighglo & her lovely family were on board at the same time as us & this sadly was also our experience of the MDR.

4ed5b48f8ae0e536b04c5343b8faae1e.jpg

c44e6ef5bbea7230a3f1974613e1bff0.jpg

I don't know how they cooked the scallops here but I'm sure they would have tasted better pan fried!

I have been lucky enough to eat at 1 & 2 star Michelin restaurants so if that dish was served up as the signature dish then most chefs would not want to be associated with that dish because it looked like something served up in a Harvester!

d779d30c66a03bda911a0ffb1c02e8b6.jpg

cfed11146d04c88aee0b9cc23753f8a1.jpg

The cheese plate

30fb94d987c6fa585682d4a607aaa0e9.jpg

And the baked Alaska dessert!

9297a8e0d15f021760b538317b6c0bdf.jpg

Yes it was just a teeny slice & this was the GALA dinner!!!

Not sure if you seen the Baked Alaska being paraded through he restaurant last night - Ross and Ryan felt a bit short changed once it arrived!!

Not sure if you seen the Baked Alaska being paraded through he restaurant last night - Ross and Ryan felt a bit short changed once it arrived!!

PS Ross wonders if the scallops were dipped in the sun deck 19 "hot tub" ......

[emoji15][emoji15]obviously I didn't ask why I got the credit but there was no explanation either so I presumed it was due to the Aurea restaurant debarkle! The only thing was we couldn't get off the ship without first settling the bill.

Most other cruise lines just bill the card you embarked with! X

Kikki just interested to know whether you logged a debit or a credit card against your account? I read somewhere on MSC site that they auto bill credit cards but not debit cards.