Live from MSC Meraviglia Sailing from Barcelona 7/7/17 with lots of photos!

kikki21

We then retired to relax & enjoy the sunset on the hotel terrace - you can ring them for drinks service - just fabulous!

521e0bac834a4eb8f37b95ef427b6f4c.jpg

9c21e4a08696f4d28dbb12a5b160be93.jpg

There is a pool deck on the other side & the Lounge area at the other - just what we needed post Cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So yesterday was our last full day in Barcelona & well we packed a lot in! [emoji15]

The plan was to visit the inside of the La Sagrada Familia but tickets had already sold out when I checked online, so we thought ok we can always come back to Barcelona, we'll just do something else!

So we decided to walk down La Rambla & go back into the Gothic Quarter. That was some walk!

741fb0e4126c08949f6607b16e41cfcd.jpg

The Mr had not had a proper hot chocolate since being in Spain so we had to oblige & have churros with it! Omg that hot chocolate was tasty with the consistency of custard!

0b6c00eb0749fd4607a9f1725ace377f.jpg

21b8c3480f7ed3fc634d19be741db898.jpg

In fact Petrixol Street in the Gothic Quarter contained many delights, chocolate shops, artisan shops, galleries - it was fantastic!

9fbdfaddbb169cf651649622f9eae5ec.jpg

We returned to La Rambla & nearly walked down as far as the sea but turned left a short distance from Placa Relal which looked like something out of Cuba!

56d6704aa9c8c97aa8e3865fcebc3b08.jpg

It seemed a real melting pot here, food from all different cuisines & flea shops. Very ethnic & cute - we decided to return to a well regarded tapas place on Petrixol Street!

What shows is there in the theatre?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

There are various shows - Paz is a flamenco show which was quite enjoyable. Come Il Mare - a mini take on La Boheme which the Mr enjoyed.

We also saw Meraviglioso Amor - there are some talented people in the show but it wasn't as well choreographed as the other shows.

34647f05466a98c31db92910a4493865.jpg

You have a choice of hot tapas from the chalkboard or cold tapas from the bar area.

906c9c72bbeda7e7e2420eaf23a30319.jpg

We had a selection of hot tapas & all of them were good, it was a good pit stop for lunch.

5c0c965bf2356159203897e7dcf32996.jpg

We walked back up to our hotel through the rest of the Gothic Quarter & Placa Catalunya.

6838b399b952b52087107f3edfef3b24.jpg

As ever in Barcelona - look up!

We had a few hours to relax until our final night's activities which were to go & see the Magic Fountain. We took a taxi which didn't take too long.

3bb78d53788e0b12d772cbb26bf8293f.jpg

We got there just before 9.30pm - the show lasts an hour.

9b329239db1747b2f8fc625370686fd5.jpg

b97be834f49d395264fda1c6cf124763.jpg

It's a show with water, sound & light - if you stand south of the fountain then you will get wet but that's what we did!

642a46b73b4e2314074804cb1e1adadd.jpg

It was a spectacular sight but make sure you have some means of getting back! We couldn't stop any taxis until we were well over half way to walking back to where we were eating dinner which ended up being a very late dinner!ea1b2675870ca74d447d8b62ee631e2e.jpg

We had a lovely tapas dinner at Cachitos again - by the time we got back to the hotel, I had walked over 12km that day!!!

fe810053f322e5e460e7ca53541b7728.jpg

And so that was that!

We had sorted out a lot of our packing the night before so we finished off this morning after another delicious breakfast!

3cbbde0da064fc6c1a89071ee0563f8d.jpg

And so we left the hotel shortly after breakfast & arrived at the airport. It is only just less than a 2 hour flight to our local airport.

911609fcab21fca108841fa1735f1780.jpg

We flew from the airport over 30 minutes late but made time in the air to land just 5 minutes after our scheduled time.

0debbd7c669fada85eee6a608ef956ab.jpg

c97fd35f64efb0efa928814f847a2872.jpg

bda2b95634f6b5211ff324d392d46f44.jpg

a81e5c2271589f13b7628859be9308c6.jpg

Kikki has not left us alone this afternoon/evening

and neither has Kali.

3c4d6b3b7c619f98c21828051a1d711f.jpg

It's great having both of them to come home to & to feel their welcome to us. And so ended our much highly anticipated trip!

I know it sounds weird because I am the one on board but I cannot find the information on where to return the red and green kids wristbands. Does anyone know? If I keep it they charge me.

We kept our kids wristbands and haven't been charged.

There are various shows - Paz is a flamenco show which was quite enjoyable. Come Il Mare - a mini take on La Boheme which the Mr enjoyed.

We also saw Meraviglioso Amor - there are some talented people in the show but it wasn't as well choreographed as the other shows.

Way- a misical journey was outstanding. There is also worlds of hands a magic and shadowplay show.

Way- a misical journey was outstanding. There is also worlds of hands a magic and shadowplay show.

We didn't see those shows as we didn't have time as we tried to spend as much time as possible in the spa!

Kikki, I am not only concerned with the Hand wash not being enforced but with the whole ship being very dirty.

Our cabin has some really nasty parts. [emoji40]

We did see the public areas being cleaned - the buffet being the top place for it but I will say that twice during the Cruise my tummy felt off & I've returned with a bad cold which I started to come down with before I left Barca. I think it's only a matter of time before a noro virus strikes.

I think I've come to the conclusion that for me, Meraviglia is too big, she might be a different ship when not sailing in the summer holidays but the noise level was very, very high when we were on her.

I appreciate those in YC will have a different experience.

Thank god we could retreat to our cabin & the spa.

I didn't think that for such a large ship that MSC have got the food options right in terms of nowadays people have expectations that these large ships will have many food alternatives & she simply doesn't.

We didn't see those shows as we didn't have time as we tried to spend as much time as possible in the spa!

I cannot use the Spa because I am here with my six year old Daughter. She loves these shows very much so we will have seen every show by the end of the cruise.

We did see the public areas being cleaned - the buffet being the top place for it but I will say that twice during the Cruise my tummy felt off & I've returned with a bad cold which I started to come down with before I left Barca. I think it's only a matter of time before a noro virus strikes.

I think I've come to the conclusion that for me, Meraviglia is too big, she might be a different ship when not sailing in the summer holidays but the noise level was very, very high when we were on her.

I appreciate those in YC will have a different experience.

Thank god we could retreat to our cabin & the spa.

I didn't think that for such a large ship that MSC have got the food options right in terms of nowadays people have expectations that these large ships will have many food alternatives & she simply doesn't.

I have to say I love love love big ships, especially Harmony ots from Rccl. So size does not bother me. But they don't handle things very well sround the ship. They need a lot of training and improving.

I have to say I love love love big ships, especially Harmony ots from Rccl. So size does not bother me. But they don't handle things very well sround the ship. They need a lot of training and improving.

I did love NCL Escape - probably my favourite ship - big ship, plenty of food options, fantastic spa. The atrium had the wow factor & the ship never felt too big.

If MSC want to compete with Royal Caribbean then they do need to improve as you say!

I did love NCL Escape - probably my favourite ship - big ship, plenty of food options, fantastic spa. The atrium had the wow factor & the ship never felt too big.

If MSC want to compete with Royal Caribbean then they do need to improve as you say!

I totally agree. We are sailing on the Escape next March. Before that we are trying the Anthem ots in December for a New Year's cruise. Really looking forward to these two ships.

I have done 50+ cruises since 1992. I have seen many changes. I've tried many different cruise companies. Always came back to NCL and RCCL. We probably will do NCL Bliss for Alaska.

Thank you to kikki, leighglo, and lugi for such detailed comments about your msc cruises. I have really enjoyed reading this, and your experiences have us reconsidering our two booked cruises with msc on the seaside. We are especially concerned about things not being clean. We too love ncl, but we have never tried royal. Do you have any recommendations on a favorite royal ship to try?