escape room service questions

Kath2me

On the excape , if you get room service, is there charges, i have the bev and dining, and i prepaid the tips,, so lets says one morning i want breakfast, is there a charge ?

On the excape , if you get room service, is there charges, i have the bev and dining, and i prepaid the tips,, so lets says one morning i want breakfast, is there a charge ?

Continental breakfast is free.

Hot breakfast or any other item ordered for the rest of the day has a $7.95 delivery charge. Unless you are in a suite and have your butler deliver your breakfast.

Just to clarify, so it's $8.00 delivery fee once, and then you can order the rest of the day without charge? Sorry, just trying to get my bearings.. only sailed ncl once back in 08.
$7.95 per order.

The exceptions would be continental breakfast (no charge), non-charged options in a suite, or charged items that would cost extra.

None of these things will affect your room service charges. No additional cost beverages are covered by the bev package. Outside of the continental breakfast, You'll pay the $8 fee per order plus the cost of any not included beverages. Most people will also tip extra for this also.

And the $8 is per order. So order a club sandwich and you'll pay $8. Order 2 pizzas, a salad, sandwich, fries and a fruit plate, still $8.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

None of these things will affect your room service charges. No additional cost beverages are covered by the bev package. Outside of the continental breakfast, You'll pay the $8 fee per order plus the cost of any not included beverages. Most people will also tip extra for this also.

And the $8 is per order. So order a club sandwich and you'll pay $8. Order 2 pizzas, a salad, sandwich, fries and a fruit plate, still $8.

Partially incorrect.

You can not order beverages to be delivered using your UBP. If you order a drink and have it delivered to your room, you pay the $8 delivery charge PLUS the cost of the beverage.

Wow, so much to learn,, just thought it might be nice, to sit on deck , have some breakfast,, at least one morning

The balcony is very small. If you want to have breakfast on deck, go to the buffet and sit outside on a table outside.

I ordered breakfast every morning and it was the best thing I did! It was sooooo nice to have coffee and pastries delivered so I didn't have to wake up fully as I'm not an am person.

Simply fill out the form that located in your booklet under the TV or ask your steward for the door menus, stick it on your door by 4am. Most everything is free on the menu except a few egg dishes (it'll say on menu what isn't) You can have 1 thing or how ever many of everything. Muffins, pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee, milk juice all free.

When you order at night you do pay the small fee. And just a note.... they will even charge you for a soda.

I've been on the Gem twice so the Escape's room service may be different. My hubby and I are not picky eaters and we found the room service food for breakfast to be pretty terrible. One of us would go to the Garden Buffet to get breakfast and trek it back to the room which worked well; we would then enjoy it on the balcony. Gem is smaller than Escape so that may not be practical but it is just an idea. Have fun!!

... it's $8.00 delivery fee once, and then you can order the rest of the day without charge? ...
Sorry, incorrect interpretation, each time you placed a Room Service delivery order (except for the free/complimentary morning continental breakfast) - you are charged a $7.95 service fee for the convenience, billed to your Onboard Account (think & act as if you are staying at the Hyatt, Hilton or Marriott) Tipping is optional, extra & suggested.

Order one or two items for yourself, several items for both occupants or a full meal order for all occupants in a family stateroom - it's all "just" $7.95 for the delivery convenience - allow extra time during peak/busy period or when seas are rough as more folks stay in. It seemed NCL is now using a smaller coffee pot so be sure to specific # of cups as otherwise, you will be "downsized" to a small pot.

There is just a choice of 3 "hot" breakfast items with the optional $7.95 charge ... And, for whatever silly reasons that I can think of, white or wheat toasts are available (or, unlisted.)

da7ffc38c19459c63b296645cde5896c.jpg

These 2 images are the all-day Room Service Menu as used on the Gem this May, with the convenience charge.

eaa04dcf96ad82398c798c83c280e142.jpg

446a17835b330fd3f16e9a1d99ccfd45.jpg

The balcony on the *Away ships are micro-sized, with a tiny coffee/end table that has no space even for an 8" plate, so you will will be using your lap to balance the plate - at least you will have a day bed/sofa to sit inside to enjoy. No such luck with oceanviews (except larger family ones) or insides but for the stool and beds to sit on for breakfast ... much easier to just get dressed & go to the MDR, OSH or buffet instead.