Anthem North Star Reservation question

So online the reservations just opened up for my upcoming cruise or I just saw it now online. I could be late but I noticed there are not any reservations I can make for this during port days. Can someone tell me, do they not operate North Star during port days? Maybe I am too late to sign up to experience the views for the docked days.

It operates while in port.

My recommendation is to book another time for now, just to have something.

Download the free Royal IQ app now. It will activate onboard (maybe even while still in the teerminal). A number of reservations will be available to book onboard, and you can do this via the app. (the earlier you get to the port, the better selection you will have). You can also use the iPads located on deck 5 as you enter the ship (Customer Service, or the less crowded Shore Excursion area).

Ok thanks- I guess the online time slots for the port days on the website are already booked. I will go with a sea day for now. I am assuming no one wants to cancel to get the amazing views.

They hold back some timeslots for onboard booking, so definitely check as soon as you board to see if a port day is available. Then change your reservation.

• 2 weeks later...
We were just on the Anthem and on the first day they take those passengers who do not have reservations. Go there straight after lunch or as soon as they open and you shouldn't have any problem getting on.

can you go on even if you have a reservation for another time?

Our North Star reservations just opened up about a week or so ago for our cruise as well. The only days available were sea days so we booked knowing we could change it later.

Yes, you may have to wait, but it should be no problem.

cool beans, i actually made reservations already but if i can go on when i board and see NY that would be pretty cool too. i heard at sea is not necessarily the best but i have one reserved on 1st sea day.

cool beans, i actually made reservations already but if i can go on when i board and see NY that would be pretty cool too. i heard at sea is not necessarily the best but i have one reserved on 1st sea day.

Disregard.

Edited by clarea

if we are on the same ship, we may be sharing that view of NY LOL I was hoping to get reservations for North Star while we were still in port :) Hopefully we get the opportunity :D

if we are on the same ship, we may be sharing that view of NY LOL I was hoping to get reservations for North Star while we were still in port :) Hopefully we get the opportunity :D

i'm december unfortunately. also there were no reservations open for the 1st day on my planner. just seemed like sea days

Don't worry--on our Anthem cruise last month we used the Royal App and they chose a time for us so check your Royal App frequently. They set it up for us; we didn't. The day of our appt. but earlier in the day we walked past and there was only a small group waiting for the next ride up. . .we went standby and walked on within 5 minutes. So be aware of that too--going standby when it's convenient for you.

:cool:

Edited by mizLORInj

i'm december unfortunately. also there were no reservations open for the 1st day on my planner. just seemed like sea days

Keep checking your planner. I believe they just haven't opened those days up yet. I don't think folks booked them that quickly. I just think RC didn't open up the port days yet.

Don't worry--on our Anthem cruise last month we used the Royal App and they chose a time for us. . . we walked past and there was only a small group waiting for the next ride up. . .we went standby and walked on within 5 minutes. So be aware of that too--going standby when it's convenient for you.

:cool:

I have never used the royal app before so I'll be interested to see how it all works.

I have never used the royal app before so I'll be interested to see how it all works.

We LOVE this app. Even the shows we did not make a reservation for showed up on our schedule on the app. Now we weren't interested in some as we'd seen them before, so we made sure to cancel to make the space available for others.

I think a Solarium Bistro reservation popped up on there too, but it was for maybe 9pm which is too late for us so I cancelled that one too. Right on the iPhone using the app.

Your account balance will show there too.

We LOVE this app. Even the shows we did not make a reservation for showed up on our schedule on the app. Now we weren't interested in some as we'd seen them before, so we made sure to cancel to make the space available for others.

I think a Solarium Bistro reservation popped up on there too, but it was for maybe 9pm which is too late for us so I cancelled that one too. Right on the iPhone using the app.

Your account balance will show there too.

Where's the like button? LOL Thanks for the info!

Where's the like button? LOL Thanks for the info!

Make sure you download the app before you leave home so you don't use up all your cellular data allowance. Once you open the app at home, it does absolutely nothing, so don't get nervous. Once on the ship, you can use the information on your set sail pass to register your account. You do not need to purchase a Voom package to use the app, it will work with the ships wifi either way. There is also a text feature you can purchase that will allow you to text with others on the ship for $7.95 per device for the week. We did not buy the text feature since we did have a Voom package and just communicated that way.

Make sure you download the app before you leave home so you don't use up all your cellular data allowance. Once you open the app at home, it does absolutely nothing, so don't get nervous. Once on the ship, you can use the information on your set sail pass to register your account. You do not need to purchase a Voom package to use the app, it will work with the ships wifi either way. There is also a text feature you can purchase that will allow you to text with others on the ship for $7.95 per device for the week. We did not buy the text feature since we did have a Voom package and just communicated that way.

Thanks for the more helpful tips! I'll download it before we leave. Good to know it won't work until I get on board.

Keep checking your planner. I believe they just haven't opened those days up yet. I don't think folks booked them that quickly. I just think RC didn't open up the port days yet.

the other thing i read frequently is weather issues and that u should ride asap once you board to avoid issues.

the other thing i read frequently is weather issues and that u should ride asap once you board to avoid issues.

I heard that! I booked for Day 2 (sea day) and I'm hoping to book it while the ship is in NY once the port reservations open up.

Thanks for the more helpful tips! I'll download it before we leave. Good to know it won't work until I get on board.

I downloaded it once I got onboard in NJ. Don't worry if you forget and get to the ship--you still have hours of getting US cellular service--I think I had dots on my phone for an hour after we left the dock--then I put it on airplane mode and connected to RC wifi. I did not buy an internet package. We picked up wifi in various ports.

I downloaded it once I got onboard in NJ. Don't worry if you forget and get to the ship--you still have hours of getting US cellular service--I think I had dots on my phone for an hour after we left the dock--then I put it on airplane mode and connected to RC wifi. I did not buy an internet package. We picked up wifi in various ports.

The app can be downloaded while on cellular, but downloading via wifi makes more sense. No need to use up any of your cellular data allowance if you can use wifi. Not everyone has unlimited cellular data packages.