WiFi on Celebrity Eclipse - Baltic -Northern Europe

Hello: Has anyone travelled on this cruise itinerary on Celebrity Eclipse. Unlimited WIFI very expensive on this ship. $400 Canadian. Don't mind paying the price if speed is good whether for email, uploading sharing/skype or even streaming movies (son with us). Appreciate any experience from other 'cruisers".:cool:. Thanks!!

We were in this cruise last year. I was able to upload photos to social media on the WiFi. It was definitely quicker earlier in the morning and later in the evening. I sent emails and used messenger with ease. I cannot comment on streaming movies.

I rang Celebrity to book an internet package for my cruise next year. As an Elite in Captain's club they gave me thirty percent off and $25 OBC, which I used against the cost of the internet. It saved me a considerable amount. The rep told me that you have to ring to get the discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the information bengaltiger1 and for the "discount tip": I'm not elite level yet but I'll call Celebrity and see if they could offer discounts. I've seen on other threads that sometimes there are on board specials to upgrade for wifi and even other benefits (dinners, bev packages etc.) Not sure if cheaper to book ahead of cruise or take chances for deals on board. :D

There are also free wifi hotspots in most Baltics ports.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Now that 'Roaming' is free in EU, you may be able to use your phone data as you do at home. Not sure whether St Petersburg will be covered though.

Edited by upwarduk

Now that 'Roaming' is free in EU, you may be able to use your phone data as you do at home. Not sure whether St Petersburg will be covered though.

In St. Petersburg, our T-mobile plan has free text and $0.20/min on calls. We were also able to use Facebook Messenger.

The van of our tour operator, SPB Tours, also has free wifi.

I rang Celebrity to book an internet package for my cruise next year. As an Elite in Captain's club they gave me thirty percent off and $25 OBC, which I used against the cost of the internet. It saved me a considerable amount. The rep told me that you have to ring to get the discount.

Is this for the unlimited package?

I have used the 90 free minutes previously. Is that no longer available?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everybody for the great info. Free wifi at most Baltic Ports...that's good!!. I can 'roam like home" with my Canadian Carrier for a $5 per day fee so that should be helpful when in Port. Now...whether to justify the data costs on board. I'm new to Cruise Critic. So amazed by the outpouring and sharing of info so promptly. Love this community.

Thanks everybody for the great info. Free wifi at most Baltic Ports...that's good!!. I can 'roam like home" with my Canadian Carrier for a $5 per day fee so that should be helpful when in Port. Now...whether to justify the data costs on board. I'm new to Cruise Critic. So amazed by the outpouring and sharing of info so promptly. Love this community.

I'm not sure which Canadian carrier you use but based on your "Roam like home" terminology I'm assuming it's Rogers. It's $5/day in the U.S. but $10/day elsewhere. I have a 2018 European cruise booked as well that comes in about $340 for 9 days. I'd love to know from others what other packages may be offered on board.

Is this for the unlimited package?

I have used the 90 free minutes previously. Is that no longer available?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, for the unlimited package. I believe the ninety minutes free is still available for Elite guests. It's not enough for me though on an 18 or 15 nights cruise.