Prepaid Gratuities

RemPuck

I purchased the eastbound crossing leaving NY on 7 September, one of the voyages that included in the 4th of July promotion. The original document I received shows that I am eligible for the prepaid gratuities but the final statement has no mention of this.

Is this something that should be displayed somewhere? I booked with an on-line TA and my final statement shows the OBC I am getting but no mention of the gratuities. Do I follow up with Cunard, the TA, check the Voyage Personalizer...?

Any guidance appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We purchased with the "Three for All" promotion, including pre-paid gratuities.

Just checked my emails - the confirmation from the [un-named big box store travel agency :p ] included the prepaid gratuities.

The email from Cunard did not - and neither did the printed voyage brochure. [That arrived today, with a sheet of 4 pre-printed luggage tags]

I didn't try to print my e-tickets on the voyage personalizer - it might show there [or the promotion may be named]

It's not unusual for the particulars of onboard credit not to appear on Cunard's invoice (I'm taking the liberty of conflating OBC and prepaid gratuities, since it's essentially the same accounting). You should retain whatever documentation from the travel agent that does indicate the benefit and verify it early in the voyage in order to give your TA and the shore side office time to coordinate agreement that you are due the benefit.

Do retain all of your documentation to be discussed with the Purser's Office on board, if necessary. Prior to that, lean on your TA for an explanation and proper documentation. That is one of their jobs for which they receive compensation.

I got an email from my TA when I booked my trip next year, stating that I already had paid my gratuities. I am going to take that to the purser's desk at the start of my trip to confirm that I have paid up and to confirm my OBC.

It's not unusual for the particulars of onboard credit not to appear on Cunard's invoice (I'm taking the liberty of conflating OBC and prepaid gratuities, since it's essentially the same accounting). You should retain whatever documentation from the travel agent that does indicate the benefit and verify it early in the voyage in order to give your TA and the shore side office time to coordinate agreement that you are due the benefit.

Sound advice having proof will make things a lot easier if you have problems later.

I purchased the eastbound crossing leaving NY on 7 September, one of the voyages that included in the 4th of July promotion. The original document I received shows that I am eligible for the prepaid gratuities but the final statement has no mention of this.

Is this something that should be displayed somewhere? I booked with an on-line TA and my final statement shows the OBC I am getting but no mention of the gratuities. Do I follow up with Cunard, the TA, check the Voyage Personalizer...?

Any guidance appreciated.

To follow up and (hopefully) close the loop, I contacted the TA about the apparent discrepancy and they have issued an updated "Final Payment Confirmation" which includes both the OBC and Prepaid Gratuities. I will definitely be taking copies on paper along for the ride.

I've seen reference in the thread to documentation from Cunard. The document I have is from the TA and contains Cunard's logo, but is not "officially" from Cunard. Is there something else I should be expecting?

Thanks to all who contributed bits of guidance and wisdom.

To follow up and (hopefully) close the loop, I contacted the TA about the apparent discrepancy and they have issued an updated "Final Payment Confirmation" which includes both the OBC and Prepaid Gratuities. I will definitely be taking copies on paper along for the ride.

I've seen reference in the thread to documentation from Cunard. The document I have is from the TA and contains Cunard's logo, but is not "officially" from Cunard. Is there something else I should be expecting?

Thanks to all who contributed bits of guidance and wisdom.

A very wise move, taking your paperwork that is.

I had a need to produce same on my last crossing last December.

Resolved in 3 minutes.

A very wise move, taking your paperwork that is.

I had a need to produce same on my last crossing last December.

Resolved in 3 minutes.

Always take proof with you if you think you might need to dispute something because it is hard to argue against if someone has proof for what they claim.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app