can someone in usa check the terms of the current promo for me

fragilek

Hi I am in the UK but I am planning on booking through a USA ta . I plan to book an ocean view to get the 3 &4 passenger free along with the beverage promo. I understand that the drinks package will be for the first 2 guests only but I am wanting to check that the other 2 (adults 21 yrs) will not be made and purchase the package on board - They only drink 1 drink a day so that last package we bought them was a waste of money. They plan to buy as required (or may buy the soda package).. I cannot get on to the USA web to check out the terms as it keeps redirecting me to the UK page - total cost in UK is more than twice the USA price thus my reason on using aUSA ta. Oh and have a good 4 July :)

No need to check. It has always been the case that there isn't any requirement for others to get the package in this situation.

That requirement only applies if you buy the package.

If that changed then it would take about 20 seconds before it was reported on here. :)

Edited by KeithJenner

Thanks for that - this kids growing up stuff and acquiring boyfriends is getting very expensive and making bookings complicated :'):'). I cant wait to see their faces when they realise the option is all 4 bunking together or them stumping up a $2400 between the 4 of them and (2 are still students) if they want their own cabins lol :o. DH and I will relax in our own space lol

No need to check. It has always been the case that there isn't any requirement for others to get the package in this situation.

That requirement only applies if you buy the package.

If that changed then it would take about 20 seconds before it was reported on here. :)

Exactly.

Yes, always been the case and if changed, it would be posted here in under 20 seconds.

Hi I am in the UK but I am planning on booking through a USA ta . I plan to book an ocean view to get the 3 &4 passenger free along with the beverage promo. I understand that the drinks package will be for the first 2 guests only but I am wanting to check that the other 2 (adults 21 yrs) will not be made and purchase the package on board - They only drink 1 drink a day so that last package we bought them was a waste of money. They plan to buy as required (or may buy the soda package).. I cannot get on to the USA web to check out the terms as it keeps redirecting me to the UK page - total cost in UK is more than twice the USA price thus my reason on using aUSA ta. Oh and have a good 4 July :)

Booking through USA TA you'll probably have to pay the gratuities on the beverage package. But sounds as if even adding that cost you'll still have a deal.

Hi fragilek

Where are you cruising from and to?

The UK prices have gone up slightly since the Premium All Inclusive price package although I think a lot of the increase can be put down to the very poor exchange rate. Obviously if you book through a US TA as has already been pointed out, you will have to pay the 18% gratuity on the drinks packages, even if they are free as part of the promo. Also you will have to pay the DSC for all. These can all bump the price up considerably. The price in the UK may seem a bit hefty but after everything else is taken into consideration it may end up being your best option.

The difference in price is taking everything into account drinks 18%, gratitude, taxes etc . I do understand that the UK package would include more dining options as I have only included specialty dining pack (including tips)for 2 in the USA prices (as cabin for DH and I will include beverages and dining for 2, 3 meals ) but the other cabin the offer is 3th &4th free and beverage pack for 2). However for the very large difference in price the young ones can make do with the basic choice restaurants lol

BaWBarmy - what is DSC - in case I have missed off adding something I need. -thanks

The DSC is the service charge, per person per night. This is included in the Premium All Inclusive package.

My real concern was the possibility of flights. Are you looking at a fly cruise or just cruise? For example a fly cruise to Bermuda out of NYC adds nearly £1000 per person to the cost if using NCL and travelling from the UK. If you were booking through a US TA would the cost of flights from the UK be included?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks that's fine as I have added in the cost of tips to my USA prices. It's a cruise from Venice so we plan to fly over and have a few days there as it one of the places my girls really want to see, having been for a a week in the past, I know that a day trip does not do this amazing place justice.