ARE DVD's from Home ......playable on TV's on Crown Princess

bionicbeacher

We were on the Regal Princess recently and they have inststalled new TV's but with Princess Remote controls which did not have access to Closed Caption. My wife is deaf and uses CC to enjoy movies, shows and other programs.

I would like to buy a couple of DVD's for our upcoming voyage that contain CC built into the Disc...hence my question about bringing my own DVD's

Would appreciate any info from people in the. Know.

Cheers

Ken

If your in a suite I'll assume that the US format will play on their DVD player. In all the other cabins there are no DVD players, so you'll have to bring a player or unit to play movies. The input is available on their TV sets (HDMI) and you can change the TV input without any problem.

The crew all have DVD players & I know for sure the US format works without any problems.

btw- the TV system on the Regal/Royal only have a few movies each cruise (if any) that offer closed captions.

We were recently on the Island Princess in one of the newly added rooms. We had two flat screens affixed to the wall. There was no access to alternate inputs, so we had no occasion to determine if the remote gave the opportunity to switch inputs.

We were recently on the Island Princess in one of the newly added rooms. We had two flat screens affixed to the wall. There was no access to alternate inputs, so we had no occasion to determine if the remote gave the opportunity to switch inputs.

Looks like they're slowly beginning to replace the older TV's. :) I do like the new wall mounted sets but it a shame they didn't provide an accessible HDMI input for everyone.:(