service club meetings

RotaryMike

does Celebrity schedule "service club at sea" meetings? if so, are they listed on the daily calendar ? thanx, Mike in CT

Listed on Bulletin Board near Guest Relations. I find it better to get on your Roll Call and ask if anyone is interested and set up your own time and place. Usually not many attend. My licence plate is ROTARY.

What happens at a Service Club meeting onboard?

It's really not very formal. In most that I've attended people tell about their club projects and share information. More Rotarians seem to attend, but I've met wonderful people from Kiwanis and Lions Clubs.

It's really not very formal. In most that I've attended people tell about their club projects and share information. More Rotarians seem to attend, but I've met wonderful people from Kiwanis and Lions Clubs.

Thankx for the reply, In addition to talking about our clubs and projects, it's another reason to have a drink !

Princess lists them in the daily "patter" that is delivered to your cabin every night.

(are you a PDG? i got CT dmv to approve Rotary plates, but couldn't get 50 members of 2 districts to order them ! I've been to several Boca area clubs. Mike in CT

Thankx for the reply, In addition to talking about our clubs and projects, it's another reason to have a drink !

Princess lists them in the daily "patter" that is delivered to your cabin every night.

(are you a PDG? i got CT dmv to approve Rotary plates, but couldn't get 50 members of 2 districts to order them ! I've been to several Boca area clubs. Mike in CT

Yes I am. In Boca Raton Sunset Club. Do not have Rotary plates in Florida. Had them in PA.

On our last few cruises, there has been a Service Club listing on the board by the Guest Services Desk. It was something like "daily at 5 pm in suchanssuch place" . On the couple of times I've stuck my head in, I was the only one there. Of course, there was usually a conflict, such as Elite Happy hour. The same with Veteran's meetings.

Years ago, there would be a single meeeting set up (usually announced in the daily bulletin--before they stopped putting in such) and we'd have a decent group show up.

On our last few cruises, there has been a Service Club listing on the board by the Guest Services Desk. It was something like "daily at 5 pm in suchanssuch place" . On the couple of times I've stuck my head in, I was the only one there. Of course, there was usually a conflict, such as Elite Happy hour. The same with Veteran's meetings.

Years ago, there would be a single meeeting set up (usually announced in the daily bulletin--before they stopped putting in such) and we'd have a decent group show up.

Believe that I met you at one of those meetings on a TA. At one time it was really a ship sponsored activity. A representative from the ship attended and drinks were free. This his disappeared on Celebrity. On one Princess Cruise the Captain was a Rotarian and gave a small gift to all who attended. That was about 20 years ago.

Every Celebrity cruise that I have been on there is a bulletin board by the Guest Relations with cob webs listing the same daily meetings of Friends of Billl, and a separate LGBT meeting at the Martini Bar at 8 pm. They are also listed in the daily rag. Sometimes I think there is also a Friends of Dorothy.

I think if there is a group they are sailing with they will get a invitation or notice in their cabin for any events involving them.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

"how about friends of Gus, or Silvester, or maybe even Paul ?"

Not familiar with any of those, but Friends of Bill W is Alcoholics Anonymous related.

to those wondering about Hiram, Rotary was founded by 4 friends, in Chicago in 1905, Hiram, Gus, Silvester and Paul Harris who organized the group. Mike in CT