225 members have voted

1. 1. So, How old are you, anyway?

• 0-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 70+

I would never ask this question in person but feel the protection that the anonymity of the internet provides. Hopefully, you'll feel that same protections and will answer. I'm just wondering about who I've been getting to know all these months.

Lee

47, and the part time cashier at Publix, (she is a Senior Citizen ) looked at me

when I bought a bottle of wine for the Holiday and was almost going

to card me;)...honest! I would have given her a hug for that:D

Can't recall the last time anyone wanted to card me!

when I bought a bottle of wine for the Holiday and was almost going

to card me;)...honest! I would have given her a hug for that:D

Can't recall the last time anyone wanted to card me!

I'm 39 and got carded in DC last year. I was so stunned that the guy apologised and said they have to card anyone who looks under thirty. I felt like tipping him.

This thread reminds me of a line from the Golden Girls, where Blanche protests that she has the body of a 21 year-old. The others laugh and say that she should give it back, because she got it all wrinkled.

past 65 not yet old enough to withdraw any of my irs, not that I have that much to withdraw. My Granddaughters and daughters call me a crazy old lady (I think they mean it in a nice way). My mind is still as sharp as it ever was, that isn't saying much and I am told I don't look my age but I too, am older than I was when my kids thought their grandmas were really OLD> LOL NMNita

45, 46 on Christmas. I may be old but I'm immature!

Schplinky, my 18yo daughter loves the Golden Girls so much we had to go see Blanche (Rue) in Wicked on Broadway for her birthday. Following family tradition (her father was born on New Years Day) she was born on Halloween. I had to comment on that wrinkled line, that is good. It shows how someone her age could love the show. It is great writing. As for Wicked try to see it if you can, it is incredible.

I saw Wicked when the tour opened in Toronto and will see it again in DC for Christmas. It's one of the best shows I've seen in years, I think.

I also saw Wicked in Toronto when the tour opened, and already have tickets to see it again on Friday the 13th of October in 2006. :cool:

SO is 48 (49 two days after Christmas) and I'm 43 years young - and thanks to my both my Mom and Dad's great genes I don't look it. Loving the 40's - got love, life, health, great kids and happy as a clam. Doesn't get better than this.

Marj

I'm 60, but look, feel, and act much younger. Most people think I am early 50s. My best friend is 18 years younger than I am. Wife is 56, but also seems younger. We both walk several miles a day, snow ski, and I golf and bowl. Neither of us smokes, I don't drink, and she has about one a day on a cruise.

Now ladies, here's a helpful hint: if you are going to lie about your age, always tell people you are much older than you really are. For example, if you are 50, tell them you're 60-not 40. Folks will then think you are one foxy 60 year old babe instead of a horrid looking 40 year old:D

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

I am 51. Some days I can pass for 35-40 and other days I look like I am 60. Not in the best of health and unforunately on bad days that shows in my face.

My father was the same way-very youthful looking-at 55 he could pass for 35 but then he became ill-died at 63 and believe it or not he looked 93 when he died. I could not believe how much the poor man aged in just a few years. Now it is happening to me I guess.

I guess too it is in the "eye of the beholder" at times. I know last spring when hubby had surgery-I bought a coffee in the hosp. cafeteria. I did not notice it but my daughter read the receipt and I had been given a "senior's citizen" discount. Later that day I bought another. That time I did not get the discount. I had to laugh-the first cashier was a 20yr. old like my daughter-the second cashier was a gal around my age-so I guess I looked "old" to the young woman and "young" to the woman my age. I found it pretty funny.

I agree with the other posts-I am a lot older then my mom was when I thought her old and I too would rather be old then the alternative-dead.

Archived