private tour guides for Livorno, rome, salerno ports

Ldanna

We would like to do and see a lot in each port and feel that a private guide will be the answer! In Livorno (Florence, Pisa) and Salerno( Amalfi coast, Pompeii, Sorrento) who is suggested? Do we need one in Rome ? want to skip the lines and see the Vatican but don't need to spend much time there...do coliseum, trevi fountain etc? Please help w as much advice and details as you can ive, especially on independent private tours or book private thru RCCL? Thanking you in advance:*!!

We used Romeinlimo.com in Rome and Livorno and Sorento First Choice in Salerno and all tours were excellent. We had 8 passengers each, but they will tailor their tours for 2/4/6/8 people. It ran us around 60-75 euros pp with 8 in the van.

Extra costs in advance for pre purchased tix to Colosseum and Vatican. Private guide to Vatican 22 euro pp (based on 8 people)

Loved having our vehicle waiting for us in every port. Flexible schedules, do as you wish. Loved it. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha thanks so much cats and easy boy!! Lol I've read about Romeinlimo and saw we could also use in Livorno, pis etc! There's only the 2 of us and I don't mind sharing in Rome but have my own ideas about trying to see amalfi coast, pompei and would love to go to sorrento!

Ps I have 5 outdoor cats!!! We live on acreafe

My favorite in Italy is All Around Italy, a locally-owned tour company. I have used them multiple times since 2009, last time this May. Excellent customizable service, new vehicles. They can arrange for private guides in Pompeii, Vatican, etc. Also skip the line tickets for the Vatican and Colosseum.

http://www.allarounditaly.net

Thank you all!!! I checked w RCCL as they also coordinate private excursions and they are CRAZY! Super $$$$$ I appreciate all the help!! I want to make sure we get a reliable company!!!

Check out tuscanybus dot com for transportation and sharedtours dot com for the Amalfi Coast.

You can find more people to take advantage of these companies by posting on your roll call.

We sailed RCCL two years ago to the Mediterranean and all their super duper excursions were around $225-330 pp and we got the same thing privately for $75 euros per person, plus a few other expenses, like lunches, admission to attractions (pre-purchased)

Also, RCCL groups are huge, 25 to 48. Too much time wasted filling up vehicles at each stop.

We are so thankful we booked private excursions anywhere from 4-8 people. We got to see so much more.

Eight ports and 12 days cruise, tours and lunches, admissions to attractions , all totaled about $1,200 dollars. If purchased through the cruiseline it would have run closer to $2800

SicilywithMario.com - they also cover the west cost of mainland Italy. There are two brothers and they five excellent tours from Livorno (Florence) to Naples (Amalfi Coast) and Messina and Palermo. The vehicles are top-notch too!

Does anyone know If our port is Salerno and I want to see that postcard "look of Amalfi coast is the only way to drive on that winding cliff hugging raod?? I am prone to car sickness but really want to see Pompei and the view! I'm ok looking UP ! LOL I just dread that road...Can I go to Sorrento or elsewhere without that road?? Any help??

We are on Brilliance 12 night leaving Oct 16 and only 2 of us looking for private tour in Salerno and Livorno, possibly Rome...any suggestions or help? In Salerno I want to see that picturesque scenery without having to be on that winding road and want to do Pompei, Sorrento etc BUT I am told to do to Positanso, Amalfi coast Sorrento I must go on that road?? In Livorno, I just want to take pics of Leaning Tower of Pisa then maybe some wineries...Please advise:)

We recently got back from a Mediterranean cruise with stops in Livorno, Rome and Sorrento/Amalfi. We used italytoursharing.com and were extremely pleased! New 8 passenger Mercedes vans with AC, some with WiFi, and always fresh water waiting for us!

We did all the thing you are wanting to do but with a personal driver! lol It's so much easier to get around in the little streets of Italy with a car/van that a bus. We booked three tours with them and got a discount. We paid so much less than if we had booked with the cruiseline! Plus, some people we befriended on the cruise who had booked with the cruiseline told us how they didn't like the bus experience, the extra walking (sometimes buses cannot go all the way to a certain place to visit), and the waiting for some 50 people to be done and to board the bus to the next destination.

Our tours were to Florence and Pisa (from Livorno); best of Rome with Vatican, with tickets and guides included; and Pompeii, Amalfi coast and Positano.

Extremely happy with the service, including communication prior to cruising, and would book with them again in a heartbeat!

AnnetteSC, thank you so much for taking the time to totally fill me in! You have convinced me!!! The only cruise ship excursion we might do is amalfi so we can go from our port in Salerno to amalfi then to Pompeii. I'm trying to avoid that crazy curvy cliff hugging road!

Did you communicate w tour people via email? How did u set up?

PS we did the big red boat too 20 years ago! Lol

We did Papillion for Livorno, fantastic guide/driver new Mercedes van, went to Pisa then Florence he arranged tickets for David then ended day with wine tasting at a organic winery. Did Rome in Limo for Rome, did a ships tour of Capri for Salerno (RCCL)

George,

Did you do a group thing or jump onto a group or how does that work?

Several of us organized little groups between 6 and 10 people then on meet and mingle we posted our tour and they filled up quickly , my tour was Pisa/Florence and it was a perfect tour less than 100 per person for 8 people other tours were similar, would highly recommend Papillion, Rome in Limo was also very good for Rome , much cheaper and nicer than RCCL tours, although I did like my 1 RCCL tour which was Capri. Have you signed up for meet and mingle?

AnnetteSC, thank you so much for taking the time to totally fill me in! You have convinced me!!! The only cruise ship excursion we might do is amalfi so we can go from our port in Salerno to amalfi then to Pompeii. I'm trying to avoid that crazy curvy cliff hugging road!

Did you communicate w tour people via email? How did u set up?

PS we did the big red boat too 20 years ago! Lol

Glad to be of help, Ldanna! :)

Yes, I communicated with the tour people via email and once by phone (they have an 800# that answers in Italy).

I booked the tour on their website and then posted in our roll call. Also, once a tour is booked, italytoursharing.com's website posts a scrolling marquis of all available tours by date and ship's name. That way, if someone is booked on your ship but not on the roll call and looks at the website, they can join your tour. You will get an email informing you that someone has joined your group. In the rare case that no one joins, you have the option to cancel up to a week in advance.

Please let me know if you have more questions. :)

PS. Yes, our Big Red Boat trip was that long ago also! lol