Moving a cruise next voucher onto an already booked cruise

lachelli

Hello

I have a couple of cruises booked at the moment, one is in October of this year and that other is not until November 2018.

The first one is booked with a cruise next certificate and I may have to cancel this cruise due to the ill health of a close family member. Does any one know if the cruise next voucher can be moved onto the other cruise that is booked. I paid cash for the deposit on that one. I don't mind having extra money on the one cruise

Thanks

Lachelli

If your October 2017 cruise is still more than 90 days out (assuming that is the cut-off for your booking), then you can cancel with no penalty and your CruiseNext voucher will be reinstated in your NCL account. It takes a couple of days for it to reappear. Then you can call NCL and ask them to apply it to the balance of your November 2018 cruise. It should be no problem, but if the general reservations people won't do it, call the CruiseNext office directly and ask them to help you.

Thanks everyone, I am based in Ireland and fall under the European booking conditions, so cancelling without loosing a deposit is not an option, but it does look like that is not applicable to cruise next certificates.

I guess all I can do is ask if it can be applied to my 2018 and hope that say yes, even though the T&C's state new cruise bookings

Sorry, did not notice you were in Ireland. It is very likely that you will lose your deposit in any case. It will not be reinstated into your account and you will not be able to apply it to your other cruise. Sorry for misleading you in my previous message.

You should certainly call NCL and ask if they will bend the rules for you, but in principle a CruiseNext voucher is no different from any other deposit: it is nonrefundable in Europe. :(

Unfortunately the T&Cs for CruiseNext Certificates state they can be used only for new bookings...... can you possibly cancel / rebook the 2018?

I have a cruise for Jan 2018 already booked, while i just finished a cruise on Escape June 2017, i purchase Crusie Next Certs, I called up NCL and they applied two (2) of them to my Jan 2018 cruise with no issue (more than 6 months out) did not even have to rebook the cruise.

I have a cruise for Jan 2018 already booked, while i just finished a cruise on Escape June 2017, i purchase Crusie Next Certs, I called up NCL and they applied two (2) of them to my Jan 2018 cruise with no issue (more than 6 months out) did not even have to rebook the cruise.

That's great news for you..... but certainly the exception to the rule.... I've been denied that same request even calling multiple PCCs

In my experience they make exceptions for people all the time, but you have to talk to the CruiseNext people directly (and this works best for US bookings, not sure if they are really supposed to touch bookings in other NCL offices). They have been very accommodating in the past, but maybe they realized that they were being too generous and they are tightening things up now. All you can do is ask.

That's great news for you..... but certainly the exception to the rule.... I've been denied that same request even calling multiple PCCs

I live in Europe myself, and this is what is listed on the CruiseNext webpage when I go to ncl.com:

Quote: "Starting April 6, 2017, you can apply TWO of your Cruise Reward,CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits to your next eligible cruise when you book a balcony or above stateroom on sailings at least 6 months out. " End of quote.

https://www.ncl.com/no/en/cruisenext

oh they tried to pull some BS by saying you can use 2 if booking 6 months or more out but only on cruises till the end of the year. But if you look at the CruiseNext website under terms and conditions no where in there does it say the use if 2 before 6 months out ends at the end of 2017.

And when i went to the presentation on the ship they did not say this either, so i kindly asked for a manager, they verified that what i said was true and applied the certs.

Just ask for a manager, no exception here because there is no rule.

On my cruise last month I purchased some more certificates. When I got home and they showed on my account, I was able to apply online a 2nd certificate to a cruise I had already booked for November. The cruise had been booked 6 months in advance, but I applied the 2nd one after I bought it which was less than 6 months. Just went to the 'make a payment' screen and it allowed it.

oh they tried to pull some BS by saying you can use 2 if booking 6 months or more out but only on cruises till the end of the year. But if you look at the CruiseNext website under terms and conditions no where in there does it say the use if 2 before 6 months out ends at the end of 2017.

And when i went to the presentation on the ship they did not say this either, so i kindly asked for a manager, they verified that what i said was true and applied the certs.

Just ask for a manager, no exception here because there is no rule.

Agreed..... but the topic is adding a CruiseNext certificate to an "existing" booking....... if you look at the T&Cs it clearly says "next" which is what the PCCs / CruiseNext staff are consistently saying when I ask to have a 2nd certificate applied to my currently booked March 2018 cruise..... I can cancel / rebook and they will gladly accept 2 but my promos outweigh the $250 the CruiseNext certificate will safe me

On my cruise last month I purchased some more certificates. When I got home and they showed on my account, I was able to apply online a 2nd certificate to a cruise I had already booked for November. The cruise had been booked 6 months in advance, but I applied the 2nd one after I bought it which was less than 6 months. Just went to the 'make a payment' screen and it allowed it.

Heading to MyNCL right now...... 😁

I had booked my cruise in March, but the website allowed me to apply the 2nd one in June for my November cruise. From NCL:

CRUISENEXT PROMOTIONS

Double Your Rewards 6 Months Out

As of 4/6/17 when you book 6 months out in a balcony or higher stateroom, you can apply two Cruise Reward, CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven, or CruiseNext Lite deposits.

Offer is only applicable to balcony and above staterooms. Reservations need to be booked over 6 months to sailing date to qualify. Accepting updated pricing within 6 months to sailing will void this offer. Offer is based on priced category. Cruise Reward, CruiseNext, and CruiseNext Haven are valid for sailings 6 nights or longer sailings. CruiseNext Lite deposits are valid for Norwegian Sky sailings only. CruiseNext Ultimate reservations are eligible for this offer. Currency exchange rates are set at the time of purchase. Government taxes, port expenses & fees, general excise tax (GET), and discretionary on board service charges and/or gratuities are additional. Cancellation Fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of travel protection on all bookings. Offer is capacity controlled and can be withdrawn at any time. Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Not applicable to chartered dates and group types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE. Applicable to all offices.

I

Just an update, I called and was told if I cancel I loose the my cruise next certificate, but I can transfer it any time before my pay in full date to a new booking provided the new booking is a couple of dollars more.

I have looked at the T&CS and can't see any mention of this rule. Has anyone experienced this.

I never asked but I was wondering if it's possible to move a cruise next cert more than once because I can't see any cruise I want to transfer it to right now

Thanks

Lachelli

Just an update, I called and was told if I cancel I loose the my cruise next certificate, but I can transfer it any time before my pay in full date to a new booking provided the new booking is a couple of dollars more.

I have looked at the T&CS and can't see any mention of this rule. Has anyone experienced this.

I never asked but I was wondering if it's possible to move a cruise next cert more than once because I can't see any cruise I want to transfer it to right now

Thanks

Lachelli

Only thing I find in the Terms & Conditions regarding cancellations is this:

Quote: To cancel a reservation made with a CruiseNext Deposit, submit your request in accordance with Norwegian Cruise Line cancellation policies and procedures. The CruiseNext Deposit will be re-issued minus any cancellation fees, and will retain its original expiration date. If you cancel a reservation made with a CruiseNext Deposit after its expiration date, it will be forfeited. Once a CruiseNext Deposit is applied to a reservation, it is subject to the same cancellation policy, rules and regulations as any other deposit. End of Quote.

I don't think it's written anywhere in the rules, and it's not specific to CruiseNext deposits. It's for any deposit. Technically, for European bookings, cancelling means forfeiting your deposit, but at their discretion they sometimes/often let you transfer the deposit to a new cruise. This goes for both cash deposits and CruiseNext deposits, since in most ways they are treated as the same thing.

If that's what they're offering you, it's better than nothing, and more than what you are entitled to according to the official terms, but you do need to find a new cruise before you cancel your current plans.

Agreed..... but the topic is adding a CruiseNext certificate to an "existing" booking....... if you look at the T&Cs it clearly says "next" which is what the PCCs / CruiseNext staff are consistently saying when I ask to have a 2nd certificate applied to my currently booked March 2018 cruise..... I can cancel / rebook and they will gladly accept 2 but my promos outweigh the $250 the CruiseNext certificate will safe me

ALL i can say in my case is that they applied the certs to an already booked cruise, took like 2 minutes.

When I used a cruise next certificate on a cruise that I had already booked, I was told that if I bought the certificate BEFORE I booked the cruise that I could use it, but if I bought the certificate AFTER I booked the cruise I could not use it.

These rules are different than the rules for using 2 certificates on the same cruise and also different from booking from other countries.

When I used a cruise next certificate on a cruise that I had already booked, I was told that if I bought the certificate BEFORE I booked the cruise that I could use it, but if I bought the certificate AFTER I booked the cruise I could not use it.

These rules are different than the rules for using 2 certificates on the same cruise and also different from booking from other countries.

My NCL allowed me to apply the 2nd certificate online, AND it was purchased months after I had booked that cruise. Someone might think it won't work, but it did for me.