Boston Hotels

I know there have been many threads on Boston hotels, but thought I would add another as sometimes it is easier to ask than to search !:)

We have found that, for 2, it is almost $1,000 less to fly to Hawaii from Boston than from Bangor, so we will be taking Concord to South Station. (3/21/2018)

Looking for a hotel for the evening, don't want to spend more than $300 --- safe area near the airport with somewhere to have dinner. Would like a shuttle, to the airport (unless taxi isn't too expensive). Also need approx cost to get from south station to hotel.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Jan

I know there have been many threads on Boston hotels, but thought I would add another as sometimes it is easier to ask than to search !:)

We have found that, for 2, it is almost $1,000 less to fly to Hawaii from Boston than from Bangor, so we will be taking Concord to South Station. (3/21/2018)

Looking for a hotel for the evening, don't want to spend more than $300 --- safe area near the airport with somewhere to have dinner. Would like a shuttle, to the airport (unless taxi isn't too expensive). Also need approx cost to get from south station to hotel.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Jan

Hi Jan!

Are you interested in staying at the airport? Could you manage your luggage to take the SL1 Silver Line from South Station to the airport. Would you prepay a hotel? The Hilton in the middle of the airport is within your budget and would limit your transportation costs to $5.50 if you can use the Silver Line. If you don't like the dining options, you can take the Silver Line back to the Seaport area where there are now many new restaurants. This trip would be free from the airport and $5.50/2 people to get back to the airport.

The hotels which offer airport shuttles are in less desirable areas - Chelsea, Dorchester, Revere, Saugus, Quincy.

I think we could carry our bags ... Thanks for the information, I will check it out Don't mind prepaying the hotel. Jan

Hopefully that's "roll your bags"! The Silver Line is accessible other than lifting your bags on and off. The airport SL1 route has luggage racks. I can provide details.

I saw a deal on Kayak for the airport Hilton, so look around. I just think it's easier overall to come in on the bus and go to the airport with your bags. Once you're there, you can always run into town for free and only pay to get back to the airport on the Silver Line.

Hopefully that's "roll your bags"! The Silver Line is accessible other than lifting your bags on and off. The airport SL1 route has luggage racks. I can provide details.

I saw a deal on Kayak for the airport Hilton, so look around. I just think it's easier overall to come in on the bus and go to the airport with your bags. Once you're there, you can always run into town for free and only pay to get back to the airport on the Silver Line.

Yes it did mean roll the bags ... :D Thanks for the information, I think we will book the Hilton ... I've checked a few websites and the pricing seems to be fine.

Thank you so much for your help! (I'm sure I'll have more in the future). Jan