Sprinkle time cupcake decorating class

One what planet is a cupcake decorating class worth $30. Am I missing something that would make this 45-minute class worth $30 per person? The price is the same for children and adults. The wine tasting that includes cheese, fruit, and bread is only $17. Are these some type of magical cupcakes? Can anyone shed light on this seemingly overpriced experience?

• Haha 1

I am so glad that it just wasn't me who thought that $30 was a ridiculous price to pay for this:eek:

We are sailing on Anthem with our daughter and granddaughter and I looked into this for a cruise day - until I saw the price. My husband and I could enjoy the bottomless Galley Buffet for $30/person. Hmmm . . . . I decided no cupcake is worth or equal to a bottomless buffet!

I am so glad that it just wasn't me who thought that $30 was a ridiculous price to pay for this:eek:

We are sailing on Anthem with our daughter and granddaughter and I looked into this for a cruise day - until I saw the price. My husband and I could enjoy the bottomless Galley Buffet for $30/person. Hmmm . . . . I decided no cupcake is worth or equal to a bottomless buffet!

You could also eat at a specialty restaurant for $30. just booked at BOGO where you get two specialty restaurants for $30 total. I just can't see how a cupcake costs the same as a restaurant. I'm glad that I am not just cheap and others see the ridiculousness of this price. Perhaps it is a system error, and the price will eventually e adjusted to something reasonable.

I did some googling for trip reports on this because I'm sailing with a baking-loving child. One cupcake each and you don't choose the design. Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did some googling for trip reports on this because I'm sailing with a baking-loving child. One cupcake each and you don't choose the design. Nope.

I am glad that I read this thread - because I was honestly feeling guilty of not booking this! I was thinking of the "bonding with daughter and granddaughter" (even though I bake all of the time with the girls). I feel no guilt that I booked 2 specialty restaurants instead (Bogo - $90 - and granddaughter eats free) for all of us and will enjoy the "bonding time" with the girls AND Pop! Much better deal than $90 cupcakes! Really, isn't that crazy?

When my son did this on Liberty, he made 2 "cupcakes" that each consisted of 2 cupcakes (2 cute dog designs), and we took them to the room and shared them later (well, ended up taking them to Windjammer to eat). He learned a lot, but has never decorated cakes before, so for him it was fun. Overpriced? yes, probably. Fun memory? Yes, definitely.

The instructor/chef was very helpful, and we did feel it worth it in the end. It wasn't just smearing icing on the cupcake, it was using various tips, techniques, etc.

(our trip was this past May, so just a few months ago)

You can't put a price on memories, but it looks like Royal Caribbean has. $90 for a family of 3 is excessive. I hope this event becomes empty enough for a Royal to adjust the price to something reasonable.

My girls did it this past week on Liberty and it was less (I paid $22 each for my two girls and they decorated three cupcakes each....a lion,a monkey and a chick. They had a blast, and the guy who teaches the class is adorable. All of their classes were full!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My girls did it this past week on Liberty and it was less (I paid $22 each for my two girls and they decorated three cupcakes each....a lion,a monkey and a chick. They had a blast, and the guy who teaches the class is adorable. All of their classes were full!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did you sign up for the class? We leave on LOS in 3 weeks. It is $30 each on the Cruise Planner.

When did you sign up for the class? We leave on LOS in 3 weeks. It is $30 each on the Cruise Planner.

We signed up on board, on the first day. I'll see if I can find the receipt but I'm 99% sure I paid $44 for the both of them.