More questions for newbie

tigger54

Does the Star have interior spa cabins?

Can you buy Day spa passes or a weekly pass on the Star and if so, what do they normally cost?

When was the last time the Star was refurbished?

Do I need to make reservations for shows or restaurants?

For people that have cruised on the Star, what did you like or not like about the ship?

I appreciate any feedback.

The Star doesn't have spa cabins. Day spa passes are rarely available. They do offer weekly. You can google videos of the Star spa to decide if it is worth it.

You do not need to make show reservations. You might want to make specialty dining reservations but main dining room reservations are not necessary.

Does the Star have interior spa cabins?

The star does not have spa cabins. Only the mega ships have spa cabins. And on the megaships, they start at the balcony level.

Can you buy Day spa passes or a weekly pass on the Star and if so, what do they normally cost?

Day passes are sold at the discretion of the Spa. If all of the weekly passes are sold out, no day passes will be sold. If weekly passes are NOT sold out, the Spa may still not offer day passes (they didn't offer day passes on our last few cruises). Day passes, if sold, are normally for port days only (normally not sea days).

When was the last time the Star was refurbished?

March 2015. They did a full Norwegian Edge upgrade. https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-star-shines-new-dining-entertainment-venues-ship-readies-europe-season

Do I need to make reservations for shows or restaurants?

No show reservations, all first-come-first-serve.

For people that have cruised on the Star, what did you like or not like about the ship?

Hope you enjoy the Star. We did a Western Caribbean on her a while back.

. ...

On the whole I liked the Star but I missed having a lounge topside in the bow with floor to ceiling windows. That area is cabins.

I also missed having windows in the library.