Drink Savings

What are you going to do? Complain to GS that somebody sabotaged my rum runners that I was trying to illegally smuggle booze on your cruise ship [emoji848]....he's been their for 20+ yrs, so your "immediately fired" theory is incorrect....try again

You are lying. Plain and simple. Destruction of property, smuggled rum or not would be a crime. Not just laundering clothes. Could be damaging other items as well. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest someone would do this and no one would notice during the scanning. Yeah they would be caught and fired. If my rum runners were cut I would definitely report it. What are they gonna do take my rum?

You are lying. Plain and simple. Destruction of property, smuggled rum or not would be a crime. Not just laundering clothes. Could be damaging other items as well. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest someone would do this and no one would notice during the scanning. Yeah they would be caught and fired. If my rum runners were cut I would definitely report it. What are they gonna do take my rum?

Not lying....not claiming he catches every single rum runner that is brought on board. You do realize handlers spot check luggage, right? Handlers open the bag and go thru the bag looking for contraband....or am I lying about that too [emoji849].....When he comes across a rum runner, a simple slice and the bag leaks. Scanners don't capture "wet clothes"....I think you are the one lying saying you would report it....what's your complaint? Someone prevented you taking booze on board illegally? [emoji23]

Yeah I'm calling BS on that too, no one is that stupid to risk their job to "teach someone a lesson"

edit - on 2nd thought there are stupid people that would, but I'm still not buying it in this case

Yeah I'm calling BS on that too, no one is that stupid to risk their job to "teach someone a lesson"

edit - on 2nd thought there are stupid people that would, but I'm still not buying it in this case

You can call BS all you want. No reasonably intelligent person who is breaking the rules is going to call attention to that and complain that someone prevented them from bringing booze on a ship. I would probably be welling up with tears as you filled out the report, trying not to laugh in your face for being a putz [emoji23]....unless you are a total moron, after spending your first night in the ships laundry room, it's a good bet your mooch smuggling days are over [emoji23]

Edited by First and Ten

but it's OK for your "friend" to break the rules and risk losing his job, he sounds real intelligent:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you don't smuggle, you got nothing to worry about. I personally think it's a much more effective deterrent than just taking the rum runners. Seems many of these mooch smugglers almost expect 1 or more of the runners to get nabbed. Be honest, if your runner was found, you would get your bag and when you opened it, the RR is gone....Probably a laugh with a comment of "Dang it, they got me....next time I will be more careful". Now picture opening your bag to get ready for dinner and your clothes are soaked thru with rum. I am betting that chucklehead won't be doing any smuggling on his/her next cruise

If you don't smuggle, you got nothing to worry about. I personally think it's a much more effective deterrent than just taking the rum runners. Seems many of these mooch smugglers almost expect 1 or more of the runners to get nabbed. Be honest, if your runner was found, you would get your bag and when you opened it, the RR is gone....Probably a laugh with a comment of "Dang it, they got me....next time I will be more careful". Now picture opening your bag to get ready for dinner and your clothes are soaked thru with rum. I am betting that chucklehead won't be doing any smuggling on his/her next cruise

me personally, i wouldn't smuggle booze on a ship

Let's see

Attempt to smuggle booze onto a cruise ship with the worst that can happen is getting kicked off the ship (I have no ideal what the penalty is for getting caught)

Or

breaking the rules at work and damaging someone's personal property with the potential of getting in trouble or losing my job at work over something that has no effect on my livelihood

who is the real "putz" in these situations?

I bought cheers. Just planning on packing a few drinks before we roll. Who cares. If we get caught we get caught. Who cares. Stupid Texas laws won't let you have a drink. We will see what happens good night guys. Vaca starts now!

me personally, i wouldn't smuggle booze on a ship

Let's see

Attempt to smuggle booze onto a cruise ship with the worst that can happen is getting kicked off the ship (I have no ideal what the penalty is for getting caught)

Or

breaking the rules at work and damaging someone's personal property with the potential of getting in trouble or losing my job at work over something that has no effect on my livelihood

who is the real "putz" in these situations?

No remotely intelligent person will report this. Are you going to sit there with a straight face and claim that you are going to go down to GS and say "hey, I was trying to sneak booze on this ship illegally and my rumrunners got damaged"[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If I was working the desk I would have to respond with "It isn't very smart trying to sneak booze onto a ship since it's illegal. You are truly stupid for calling a Carnival employees attention to it....Should i kick you off the ship or do you want quarters for the washers and dryers"? [emoji3]

no remotely intelligent person would risk their job by damaging property, again what's more important a suitcase full of clothes or a good security job, your "friend" is a real "putz" by risking his status at work for something that has 0 effect on him, he gets the same pay either way.

your "friend" breaking the rules is no better than the booze smuggler except your "friend" has a lot more to lose by breaking his rules. but continue defending his rule breaking while insulting others who break the rules, you are the true definition of a hypocrite, have a nice night sir:)

Not lying....not claiming he catches every single rum runner that is brought on board. You do realize handlers spot check luggage, right? Handlers open the bag and go thru the bag looking for contraband....or am I lying about that too [emoji849].....When he comes across a rum runner, a simple slice and the bag leaks. Scanners don't capture "wet clothes"....I think you are the one lying saying you would report it....what's your complaint? Someone prevented you taking booze on board illegally? [emoji23]

Not at all. Want to confiscate the rum runners, no problem. Want to destroy people's property. I guess I can't prove it but it seems absurd that a security person would willfully destroy someone's property. Talk about breaking rules. And I don't mean the rum runners. There could be electronics in there as one example.

I'd also point out that in all my years on this forum and the 100s of smuggling threads I've read (I love the controversy) I've not once seen anyone mention a cut rum runner. Also I'll say it again, if my rum runner was purposefully cut open I would absolutely report it. Nothing they would do to me. There are zero repercussions for me if they cut it open. So my booze is gone. Security guy loses job for destroying property.

I have to agree that the security guard is risking a lot more than the passenger.

The passenger always has the plausible deniability of the rules of bringing alcohol. Dishonest but plausible.

I cannot see how the guard could say "I didn't know I couldn't damage evidence and put property at risk."

The security guard is risking a lot more than the passenger for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't smuggle because we don't drink. But there is a big difference in the 2 things being discussed. One is a Carnival policy, no outside liquor. The smuggler is breaking a rule or policy. The other is a law, destruction of someone else's property. Both are "bad", but one can get you in the court system.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back to the topic of drink savings:

If the wife and I book the steakhouse separately on the first night, do we each get a bottle of wine? Once we arrive, could we then request to dine at the same table?

Not at all. Want to confiscate the rum runners, no problem. Want to destroy people's property. I guess I can't prove it but it seems absurd that a security person would willfully destroy someone's property. Talk about breaking rules. And I don't mean the rum runners. There could be electronics in there as one example.

What are you going to report? Your RR that you are utilizing to smuggle booze on board developed a small leak due to a hole and you want to blame someone. You obviously have no proof of anything and you are seriously going to go in front of a Carnival employee to complain that the booze you were illegally smuggling on board leaked out [emoji23]....let's compound it and complain also that you were brilliant enough to pack electronics equipment on your checked bag when there is every warning out there to NEVER check thru electronics. You take electronics with you on carryons. The only response I could see the GS rep replying to you is a line from Forrest Gump...."Are you stupid son"? [emoji16]

Edited by First and Ten

Back to the topic of drink savings:

If the wife and I book the steakhouse separately on the first night, do we each get a bottle of wine? Once we arrive, could we then request to dine at the same table?

You get the wine at the table so no, you both couldnt get wine. the wine is basically for the table. not per person. I think if there are 6 or 8 people they 'might ' do 2 bottles but they wont give 2 bottles for 2 people sitting at the same table even if you had separate reservations

Pay for your Cheers package with a 10% off carnival gc. :D

We don't drink a lot to make the Cheers worth it for us, so we each will bring a bottle of champagne (bringing this stopper to help it last more than a day) and hubby is ordering a bottle of rum for him. I will just get a DOD here and there.

What are you going to report? Your RR that you are utilizing to smuggle booze on board developed a small leak due to a hole and you want to blame someone. You obviously have no proof of anything and you are seriously going to go in front of a Carnival employee to complain that the booze you were illegally smuggling on board leaked out [emoji23]....let's compound it and complain also that you were brilliant enough to pack electronics equipment on your checked bag when there is every warning out there to NEVER check thru electronics. You take electronics with you on carryons. The only response I could see the GS rep replying to you is a line from Forrest Gump...."Are you stupid son"? [emoji16]

Well you do realize of course that many countries including the US are currently considering banning large electronics, such as laptops, from carry ons? Not that the cruise ship would be the same but depending on space it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for something like that to be done. I'm having a hard time understanding why you are happy to destroy people's property but so against smuggling? Alcohol will in fact destroy things other than electronics. It will destroy books, dissolve ink from notebooks, maybe even clothing (if they bring the everclear).

I'm still pretty sure you are full of it anyhow. Just getting responses. No security would risk their job doing that. Even if not reported, all it would take is someone else noticing. Anyhow it doesn't matter to me. I did my share of smuggling in the past. 100% success rate with rum runners. But I'm older and not just cruising to party these days so I won't bother anymore.

I am pretty sure there are cameras in the luggage check areas. They would be nuts to not have them when it comes to issues of liability. And don't people lock their suitcases? How is the friend rummaging through people's luggage?

OP, my suggestions are to go to the liquor tasting, order less expensive drinks...a Midori sour is less than $6 whereas a martini will be about $10. Drink when OFF of the ship and get the 10% off gift cards, apply them to your on board account and tada! Every drink is discounted! :cool:

I am pretty sure there are cameras in the luggage check areas. They would be

OP, my suggestions are to go to the liquor tasting, order less expensive drinks...a Midori sour is less than $6 whereas a martini will be about $10. Drink when OFF of the ship and get the 10% off gift cards, apply them to your on board account and tada! Every drink is discounted! :cool:

THANK YOU for some other great ideas!

I am pretty sure there are cameras in the luggage check areas. They would be nuts to not have them when it comes to issues of liability. And don't people lock their suitcases? How is the friend rummaging through people's luggage?

My understanding is that if luggage is locked they call the owner to the "naughty room" and have them open it to see what is inside. If it is not locked they will open it, remove the rum runners and leave a note for the owner. Of course I'm willing to bet you are correct in there being cameras in the baggage inspection area.

Why post ridiculous lies like this? The guy would be fired immediately.

IF that happened it would only be once.

GO TO THE REPEATER party!!! I give a tip, sit near the bar and tell the waiter to keep them coming. Pina Coladas keep overnight (as if) in the stateroom fridge. You can order any reasonable drink at the repeater party. I will be on my 53rd and 54th cruise in Q4 2017.

No, you go to guest services and ask why are my clothes and other items soaked?

File a complaint and ask for the video to be shown of the luggage being searched

The "stupid" in this scenario is a person risking their job for no good reason