Drink Savings

Pay for your Cheers package with a 10% off carnival gc. :D

We don't drink a lot to make the Cheers worth it for us, so we each will bring a bottle of champagne (bringing this stopper to help it last more than a day) and hubby is ordering a bottle of rum for him. I will just get a DOD here and there.

Where do you get 10% off carnival gift cards?

Other than booking the Steakhouse the 1st night for a free bottle of wine

This is not really free though...unless you are a regular user of the steakhouse (upcharge) and will go anyway, it still cost you much more money for 2 people to go to the steakhouse just to get a "free" bottle of wine. Don't get this logic when people say it is "free"....:confused:

Where do you get 10% off carnival gift cards?

AARP site, sign on and create account (this is not the same as joining and you can be any age to create acct), then answer a survey under many, many headings (you pick which ones you want and they take maybe 2 mins or so), you earn points for each one then you trade the points in for rewards. One of the rewards they have under travel are CCL GC at 10% off, so a $100 card is $90 when you pay for it. It is easy to do and worth it but the supply of cards goes quickly so keep checking back as they pop up often.

Carry on your two bottles of wine.

Carry on your canned mixers, ie. Coke, tonic, pineapple juice and purchase a bottle of rum or vodka from the Carnival fun shops before you board.

Go to the liquor tasting the first night at the shops. Try the martini tasting at Alchemy ($17, I think, for 4 mini martinis of your choice)

It really depends on what you like to drink and if you're very picky.

I don't like beer and I'm a fairly picky wine and spirits drinker. We got the Cheers! package on our 4 day Bahama cruise this past December and we probably about broke even with it - but only because we spent most of out evening leisure time at the Alchemy Bar. We'd have lost money if the ship didn't have the Alchemy.

I just booked a 5-day Western Caribbean Cruise for February 2018 and as much as I'd like to save the money and not get the Cheers! again, I'll probably break down and get it since I'll probably hit the Alchemy sooner this trip since we know to look for it and there is another day to think about.

We are on a 5 day:

1. Funshops rum 1L

2. Bring 2 bottles of wine (1 each) with us (think this is still ok)

3. Get 3 bottle vineyard package

4. Each of us get 2 Pina colada type drinks per day when not in port (and make it a real drink with our rum[emoji12])

This gives us a bottle of wine for dinner each night and more than enough to drink during the cruise. I estimated around $100 or more savings over cheers.

I like this idea. I am unfamiliar with the 3 bottle vineyard package though. How much does this all cost (approximately)?

If you like beer, stick to that. Order by the bucket and save $2. One of my favorite drinks is the Cruiser. It is served in a red wine goblet with a straw. There is so much ice in it that 3 sips and the drink is GONE. I find this with most mixed drinks (on the ship AND on land) It is at least 1/2 ice and the rest the actual drink. The guava juice at breakfast is great for mixed drinks. Order a bottle of rum or vodka from gift shop and fill a bunch of cups with guava juice at breakfast, bring back to your cabin on a plate and you have mixers. Be sure to carry on your allowed wine/champagne. And soda/mixers. Every little thing counts.

Apparently your "friend" was doing his dirty on one of our cruises. NO, we were NOT smuggling, but when our luggage was delivered to our cabin in person by our room steward, it reeked of rum. It was soft sided luggage and a bit of rum had leaked through soiling our clothes.

The room stu apologised profusely and we had several items laundered for free. Your friends dirty deed was not funny as it affected me!

How awful that he does this to effect innocent people!:evilsmile:

I looked at the Cheers, but it's not for me this time around. I have some obc, cruise cash, and bar cash applied to my account which has worked well for me in the past for keeping tabs on my account and drink spending (which hasn't been a problem). For 7-8 day cruises, especially when traveling with family, I order a bucket of beer for the room, and replace it with beers from the buckets I order while out of the cabin, I also order a bottle for the room, and we each bring on a bottle of wine. That usually keeps us the week. During the day I mainly drink beer and mojitos, and at night scotch, whiskey, rum, and cognac neat, which are usually doubles ($3.00 more). My bar tabs have never exceeded $200.00 on Carnival.

On my last two cruises, the fun shops did a liquor tasting. I'm not sure if they do it for a five day- but it was a pretty nice buzz from the mini shots :-)

I probably would too because it takes very little for me to catch a buzz, but the line for the tastings are always way too long for it to be worth it for me.

You first port stop, buy a plastic bottle of booze. While they scan it, cause a "commotion" and try to distract the person at the scanner. I usually just say loudly " do you need to scan this?" (Talking about my waterproof wallet) and it usually distracts them, allowing a full bottle on board for your consumption. I've also used rum runners. Put them in your extra shoes and split them up between bags, they won't catch all of them. There's plenty of ways :)

Really???

Not lying....not claiming he catches every single rum runner that is brought on board. You do realize handlers spot check luggage, right? Handlers open the bag and go thru the bag looking for contraband....or am I lying about that too [emoji849].....When he comes across a rum runner, a simple slice and the bag leaks. Scanners don't capture "wet clothes"....I think you are the one lying saying you would report it....what's your complaint? Someone prevented you taking booze on board illegally? [emoji23]

Ive never seen a bag opened and searched unless they have reason to do after it comes thru the xray machine. u are a lier.

What are you going to report? Your RR that you are utilizing to smuggle booze on board developed a small leak due to a hole and you want to blame someone. You obviously have no proof of anything and you are seriously going to go in front of a Carnival employee to complain that the booze you were illegally smuggling on board leaked out [emoji23]....let's compound it and complain also that you were brilliant enough to pack electronics equipment on your checked bag when there is every warning out there to NEVER check thru electronics. You take electronics with you on carryons. The only response I could see the GS rep replying to you is a line from Forrest Gump...."Are you stupid son"? [emoji16]

LOL this is the most ridiculous thing i have read in weeks

Wine Savings at the Steakhouse is NOT just limited to a free bottle of wine the first night, but you usually can get a few wine bottles 1/2 off also the first night. This is in addition to the free bottle of wine. The only stipulation is that you sample the wine in the Steakhouse, then they will re-cork and you can enjoy it later throughout the cruise in the MDR.