Drink Savings

Other than booking the Steakhouse the 1st night for a free bottle of wine and using your free drink coupon on the last night of the cruise (depending on your status), you pretty much summed it up.

Other than booking the Steakhouse the 1st night for a free bottle of wine and using your free drink coupon on the last night of the cruise (depending on your status), you pretty much summed it up.

AHHHH! I tell people about this and completely forgot about it for us! :eek: Thank you! Knew I posted this for a reason.

The way I look at it..... if by a long shot, you get caught. Then you just have to pay the extra $5 a day for cheers when you board. Not to open up a can of worms. But why not try to save a few bucks.

Join Bill W and save a lot on booze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well don't listen to this guy. I'm sure he's lots of fun at church but you are on a cruise.

If you are not getting Cheers, there is not many ways to save on a cruise but

buy a bucket of beer will save a couple of bucks

drink while you are in port, depending on the port it will be a lot cheaper

Art auction - I think they give out champagne but have never been

These are some of the non smuggling ways to get a little bit more. Enjoy your cruise.

Is it best to book for the first night before the cruise or when you get initially get on board?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The way I look at it..... if by a long shot, you get caught. Then you just have to pay the extra $5 a day for cheers when you board. Not to open up a can of worms. But why not try to save a few bucks.

Saving the couple of bucks, if I really am, isn't worth it for me. I just buy Cheers! and relax. I just budget and save for the Cheers! because it really makes it the vacation I like with all the different drinks I like.

Friend of mine works in security on the pier and one of his duties is luggage inspection....during their spot checks, he runs across rum runners. He doesn't take them, he simply slices them then closes the bag back up and on its way it goes. The owner gets to spend the first evening doing laundry and hopefully learns a valuable lesson

Other than above suggestions, order Drink of the day.... happy hours (morning Bloody Mary) ask a friend with cheers to buy your bottle of wine and give them the cash (25% off of on bottles)... otherwise just budget accordingly... drink cheap beer in port... order doubles (they are usually $3 more).

You first port stop, buy a plastic bottle of booze. While they scan it, cause a "commotion" and try to distract the person at the scanner. I usually just say loudly " do you need to scan this?" (Talking about my waterproof wallet) and it usually distracts them, allowing a full bottle on board for your consumption. I've also used rum runners. Put them in your extra shoes and split them up between bags, they won't catch all of them. There's plenty of ways :)

Assuming you are sailing the Caribbean? You'll find many independent excursions that are reasonably priced and include an open bar. We will often take advtange of that and then not drink anything on the ship that day.

Jumping in the thread here... As you can see we have done quite a few cruises but usually always get the drink of the days or beer. How much is it for just a single like a rum and coke? Or a double rum and coke?

Well don't listen to this guy. I'm sure he's lots of fun at church but you are on a cruise.

If you are not getting Cheers, there is not many ways to save on a cruise but

buy a bucket of beer will save a couple of bucks

drink while you are in port, depending on the port it will be a lot cheaper

Art auction - I think they give out champagne but have never been

These are some of the non smuggling ways to get a little bit more. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you! We do buy the buckets of beer and save a couple for another day (small fridge is quite beneficial in the rooms). Forgot about the crazy art auctions. I've been stung (purchased) before so I usually stay clear of them now. [emoji51]

Besides getting Cheers, give me your best savings ideas on a 5-day cruise? Bring a bottle of wine/per person, order a bottle for the room, anything else NOT fraudulent?

We've done the Cheers! package many times and found it not to our advantage on cruises longer than 7-8 days or so. My body can't handle 7-8 drinks a day for 8 days and I cringe at the thought of trying to maintain that level of liver torture for our upcoming 14-day cruises!

That being said, we do like to embibe [emoji484][emoji481][emoji485][emoji483]...so we will be buying one or two bottles from the Funshops before we sail. They will be delivered to the room on Day 2 (we sail out of one of the "odd" ports) Then we will also buy as we please while on board. This is what works for us. We did a cost analysis over 2 cruises. One with Cheers and one without. Made really no difference other than stress us out trying to break even!Everyone is different. Some might say the Funshop bottles are pricey at $80 (which includes a six-pack of mixer) but for a 1 liter bottle you can get roughly 22 shots. At $6 a shot on board, that 1 liter of booze would cost you $132.

We are on a 5 day:

1. Funshops rum 1L

2. Bring 2 bottles of wine (1 each) with us (think this is still ok)

3. Get 3 bottle vineyard package

4. Each of us get 2 Pina colada type drinks per day when not in port (and make it a real drink with our rum[emoji12])

This gives us a bottle of wine for dinner each night and more than enough to drink during the cruise. I estimated around $100 or more savings over cheers.

We are on a 5 day:

1. Funshops rum 1L

2. Bring 2 bottles of wine (1 each) with us (think this is still ok)

3. Get 3 bottle vineyard package

4. Each of us get 2 Pina colada type drinks per day when not in port (and make it a real drink with our rum[emoji12])

This gives us a bottle of wine for dinner each night and more than enough to drink during the cruise. I estimated around $100 or more savings over cheers.

Perfect! You guys found the formula that works for you! We would need to add at least a bucket of beers....we tend to get thirsty...just not Cheers! thirsty on a daily basis!

Friend of mine works in security on the pier and one of his duties is luggage inspection....during their spot checks, he runs across rum runners. He doesn't take them, he simply slices them then closes the bag back up and on its way it goes. The owner gets to spend the first evening doing laundry and hopefully learns a valuable lesson

I have absolutely NO desire to do something illegal or simply not right! I would pay full price all day long on any drink before something like this. That's why I said in my initial post, NOT Fraudulent!

Why post ridiculous lies like this? The guy would be fired immediately.

You first port stop, buy a plastic bottle of booze. While they scan it, cause a "commotion" and try to distract the person at the scanner. I usually just say loudly " do you need to scan this?" (Talking about my waterproof wallet) and it usually distracts them, allowing a full bottle on board for your consumption. I've also used rum runners. Put them in your extra shoes and split them up between bags, they won't catch all of them. There's plenty of ways :)

Im sure it was an oversight on your part but I will post the OP questions again for reference

Besides getting Cheers, give me your best savings ideas on a 5-day cruise? Bring a bottle of wine/per person, order a bottle for the room, anything else NOT fraudulent?

Why post ridiculous lies like this? The guy would be fired immediately.

What are you going to do? Complain to GS that somebody sabotaged my rum runners that I was trying to illegally smuggle booze on your cruise ship [emoji848]....he's been their for 20+ yrs, so your "immediately fired" theory is incorrect....try again