Wafflegate POA 7/1 (SDR)

We are currently on the POA (7/1) cruise.

Went to the Skyline dining room yesterday at 8:30am. We were seated in a table of 8 by a rude hostess.

We ordered right away along with the other 6 people at our table.

The prepared dishes (fruit, juices...) were brought right away.

Then 50-60 minutes passed and I finally got up and asked the hostess "Where in the heck is our food?". She said she told us that the breakfast would take 45 minutes to get served (lie).

As we walked out one of the female waiters asked my girlfriend if we or any body at our table had ordered "waffles"?

Really ordering waffles delayed our breakfast almost an hour?

I already have an inquiry into the hotel director to get more on this wafflegate issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yikes. You have more patience than me, my friend, I'd have been asking about my food after about 20 min. There is nothing in a breakfast that should take more than that.

Hope the HD gets back to you, and gets this straightened out,

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Tutu

We are currently on the POA (7/1) cruise.

Went to the Skyline dining room yesterday at 8:30am. We were seated in a table of 8 by a rude hostess.

We ordered right away along with the other 6 people at our table.

The prepared dishes (fruit, juices...) were brought right away.

Then 50-60 minutes passed and I finally got up and asked the hostess "Where in the heck is our food?". She said she told us that the breakfast would take 45 minutes to get served (lie).

As we walked out one of the female waiters asked my girlfriend if we or any body at our table had ordered "waffles"?

Really ordering waffles delayed our breakfast almost an hour?

I already have an inquiry into the hotel director to get more on this wafflegate issue.

WOW! That is pretty bad! My advice: go to Cadillac Diner for your breakfast!! Quick, and the omelettes, toast and coffee are great. Staff is great when you get to know them. We started going there on 2nd day and then went there daily for breakfast.

Well, it's too late now as you're disembarking today :( Hope your cruise was excellent.

And THAT is why we always eat breakfast at the buffet. Lots more choices, quick and easy. Want a few more of something - easy - just go grab it.

Not defending MDR - just saying what our solution is.

;)

My goodness,,,, who would ever stay at a Fairfield Inn???

Why, that sounds a bit snobbish!;)Who ever would stay at a Fairfield Inn??? Those who want to get from point A to B with an overnight as inexpensively as possible, that's who. We've been known to end a long day of travel at a Drury Inn, where breakfast, and even dinner is included ( hot dogs, baked potatoes, soups, salad, nachos, etc. ). They even throw in 3 mixed drinks, beer or wine free per adult. Can't be beat it for a family traveling on a budget.;)

But back to the topic, the MDRs are way too laid back when it comes to basic customer service and getting things done in a reasonable timeframe, which is why we generally avoid them. Probably more people should complain, and I'm glad the OP did.

This cruise line is only a 2-3 star, so you have to be patient! Definitely don't book Pullmantur Cruises you may never get breakfast!

Excuse me but where are you getting your info. The last time I looked POA was rated 4 star.

This cruise line is only a 2-3 star, so you have to be patient! Definitely don't book Pullmantur Cruises you may never get breakfast!

Excuse me but where are you getting your info. The last time I looked POA was rated 4 star.

Cruise Critic member ratings, Trip Advisor and Yelp reviews all show the POA in the 3 star range.

Cruise Critic member ratings, Trip Advisor and Yelp reviews all show the POA in the 3 star range.

Yes, we just disembarked a couple hours ago.

2 1/2 stars.

Food was a major disappointment, even the specialty restaurants were bad.

The itinerary however, 5 stars.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got off the POA this morning also. We ate in Skyline 3x for breakfast. We waited like 20 minutes for breakfast. The food was fine.

Food was very good in Moderno, Cagneys, Teppanyaki and Cadillac diner. We enjoyed the cruise.

Our stateroom steward Roderick was excellent. Activities people including Vince, the cruise director were very active, engaging. China, the Hawaiian ambassador gave great port talks. Enjoyed the Frankie Valle tribute show and Vegas show.

Brenda, lighten up. It was a joke.

And Do you seriously believe that the MDR staff don't care about customer service and should be avoided?

It most assuredly WAS a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Brenda, lighten up. It was a joke.

And Do you seriously believe that the MDR staff don't care about customer service and should be avoided?

It didn't come across that way to me. Maybe my sense of humor button was turned off. If someone posted "My goodness....who would ever sail on NCL???", you would see the humor, right?

My opinion on the MDRs ( and O'Sheehan's as well ) is that they are often understaffed and undertrained, and no one really seems to be paying attention to the fact that even in a half empty dining room, it can still take over an hour for breakfast to be served. While some of the staff are very professional, others are mostly indifferent and occassionally rude. I'd just as soon eat elsewhere most of the time and save myself some aggravation.