Booked for a B1 Bella Balcony Stateroom... worth upgrading?

cruiser608

So the TA got me a reservation for a B1 Bella Balcony Stateroom on the MSC Seaside, but as I did more research I see there are more "B" categories and "experiences." We currently have a complimentary "MEALTIME RESTAURANT DRINK PACKAGE A." and wifi packages as well. Is B1 the best "B" category for Bella? If not, what is the best "B" category? Should I try to get an upgrade? Haven't cruised with MSC before so the category/experience options are quite confusing.

Thank you!

Edited by cruiser608

B1 is the only Bella balcony category. There are four balcony cabin categories: B1 is Bella, B2 is Fantastica, B3 is Aurea, and BW is wellness. You have to read the amenities for the various categories, and decide if and upgrade makes sense for you. EM

So the TA got me a reservation for a B1 Bella Balcony Stateroom on the MSC Seaside, but as I did more research I see there are more "B" categories and "experiences." We currently have a complimentary "MEALTIME RESTAURANT DRINK PACKAGE A." and wifi packages as well. Is B1 the best "B" category for Bella? If not, what is the best "B" category? Should I try to get an upgrade? Haven't cruised with MSC before so the category/experience options are quite confusing.

Thank you!

Read the differences on the different categories and you can decide what is best for you.

The Fantistica also includes a 12 drink pkg for each in the cabin, and choice of seating. Only you can tell if it's worth it. By the way, I agree with the previous poster, you need a new TA who can direct you, and knows MSC.

Have you been given a cabin number?

I say this because people we met on board a recent cruise had a Bella B1 and it was on deck 8 with an obstructed view due to the lifeboat launching gear. Also noise from the jazz bar below especially when the door from bar to deck was opened.

Fantastica are higher decks 9-13

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 10 months later...

I say this because people we met on board a recent cruise had a Bella B1 and it was on deck 8 with an obstructed view due to the lifeboat launching gear.

Located on deck 8 on MSC Seaside are the Marketplace Buffet, Sports Bar,

Aurea Spa, but no staterooms. Staterooms are on deck 5 , 9 and above.

Yes thanks Tina.

I gave an example from Splendida Sir Wolf.

Pinedaj there is overwhelming evidence on this and other sites that other cruiselines have mounted a negative marketing campaign against MSC as they have market share to lose.

Look at the reviews and check the cruise history of the contributor and see if they have previously done a live from report before you believe a word. I would suggest searching Beamafar and sidary as I know they are genuine. A few people I have got to know on here prefer MSC to others especially in Yacht Club.

Not everyone in this forum is sailing on Seaside.

The OP mentioned that he has a reservation for Bella Balcony Stateroom on MSC Seaside. My response was to the room on deck 8 which I couldn’t find on the deck plan of the Seaside.

I don't think that many travel agencies take MSC as a serious cruise line yet. If they don't get on board soon, they will be left out of what we know is a very good cruise line, and many people are switching from the "big three".

Remember that there are people on CC who know more about MSC than many travel agents claim to know!

Well said Dave totally agree.

Do you know if Bea is ok? I know she wasn’t feeling well last week and she hasn’t answered my latest email.

Hi Dave. I’ve emailed Bea to see if she’s ok. I know she was not very well last week.

I’m not on a cruise until August.

How was your cruise mate? Sorry to hear that you weren’t too good. Hope it didn’t have too much of an impact. We had such a laugh with Marco Massa and Ziggy the hotel director. We had 2 photos on the same day with Mr Massa but in the middle he had visited the salon! It was so funny when we showed him the photos he laughed so much he had tears. A real genuine guy. Gave Jane a 50th birthday card with a poem and lovely message which was personal to her a real surprise. Memories to treasure forever.

We have a Bella balcony booked for this coming Saturday. Our cabin is aft on deck 10 near the rear elevators. For us that location was just as good as anything on decks 11, 12 etc. We have cabins above and below, which I prefer. When we booked we received the free classic drink package, which we upgraded to the premium for $56. Only thing the Fantastica gets us was free room service, which also comes with the drink package, and the Fantastica was more money, and cabin locations IMO weren't any better.