Which lines have the best suites???

angel41

I've searched and searched, then tried asking on a few boards and get no response.:confused:

I'm considering booking a suite for our next cruise. Since we would really be splurging I really want the best for the $. We don't have alot of interest in the butler service or a pillow menu. We are more interested in private hot tub on our balcony, that type of thing. Which line/ship would be the best for that type of suite?

IMO you get the best bang for you $ booking S cabins on Hal.

If you want a hot tub on the verandah, you are now in the Penthouse/Owners Suite type cabins which are a lot more $$$.

We took a tour of the Norweign crown last year.. and the penthouse suite had the hot tub on the balcony-- cost of that room for 7 days was 20,000 a person.

Wouldnt a balcony be very breezy for a hot tub on the balcony anyways while at sea?

I hadn't thought about the breeze part. I guess b/c it's usually pretty breezey up on deck anyway. We are looking at this cruise to be a honeymoon cruise and thought about really splurging. It just seems like you get a little extra space (maybe alot) and a butler. I didn't know if there was something I was missing. I think I'm going to stick with finding a balcony. I don't think we really need that much extra space for two people, especially on our honeymoon:p

Normally I cap the per person/ per day cost at about $150. I would like to spoil us a little but not have the cruise cost as much as our yearly income. I guess it would really depend on what the fair covered.

This will barely get you a balcony, let alone a suite.

If you're lucky, you can find a window cabin on a ship for a $150 per diem. That amount won't get you a balcony on most ships. A seven day cruise in a PH suite on Celebrity is $5900 per person, while the Royal Suite runs $4400 per person and those are considered the best suites for that cruise line. The fare for this cabin gets you your meals, a hot tub on the deck that's sheltered from the wind, the cabin, most entertainment and that's about it----nothing much extra. The PH is huge with a balcony that's 1100 sq ft, and the cabin has a bedroom with a flat screen tv, a sunken tub overlooking the ocean, a living room and dining room.

If you want a nice-sized mid-range suite, check out the mini-suites on the Dawn Princess and Sun Princess. They are as big as suites on most of the other Princess ships, very roomy, walkin closet, large marble bath with separate tub and shower, two TV's, refrigerator, etc, and are up to 536 square feet with balcony. Or take a look at the OS ('Owner's Suite') cabins on the RCCL Voyager class ships. They are similarly equipped, except have one large flat-screen TV that swivels between the bedroom and sitting room areas, include concierge services, and are 570 square feet with balcony. We enjoyed both, with a slight nod to the Voyager OS cabin.

Hope that helps a little.

Dave

I have cruised on a variety of cruise lines and in a varieity of suites. I would highly recommend Celebrity. Their suites are quite larger than many of the other's mentioned above and their amenities (eg., butler service) are excellent as well. If you are comparing a suite on Celebrity to say Holland, Princess, Royal Caribbean) there is no comparison from my perspective. Have your TA price out suites on Celebrity and see if that works for your budget.

Keith

Archived