Royals Air2Sea Program

This April we did a TA to Rome, stayed a few days in Rome then flew to Krakow via Berlin, stayed in Krakow 3 days flew to Frankfort via Berlin to catch flight back to Orlando, Florida. All flights were through Air 2Sea. We didn't have any problem!!!!:)

Last year we had friends who missed a connection on a TA Ft Myers to Barcelona. A2S put them up in a hotel gave food. Vouchers and flew them to the next port to start their journey albeit a day later. No extra charge.

No extra charge because A2S took care of it as part of their "assured arrival" service. If one has a situation that requires actual insurance to kick in, then any costs are generally paid up front and reimbursed later, if/when the claim is approved.

• 1 month later...
We've used Air2Sea (ChoiceAir) for 2 of our 3 Royal cruises thus far, and will likely use them again for the one we have booked next year. We've been quite happy with their prices and service.

For our cruise last fall, we booked Delta Comfort+ for about $100 less than what I could find elsewhere. How or why it was less that day, I don't know. When our ship was going to be delayed 4 hours returning to Galveston, our 12:30 flights home were rebooked automatically. When I got our new reservation, it was for standard economy. Called from the ship, and they rebooked us again, for Delta Comfort+, without question. The rep suggested I confirm the reservation and stayed on the phone while I logged onto Delta's site. She was very helpful.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

How difficult was it booking the Delta Comfort+ seats? I tried booking 2 for our cruise out of Rome in June 2018 but was told that "they are not currently available." Is it possible to purchase just Economy tickets via air2sea then upgrade to Comfort+ later?

Thanks in advance

That's what we always do. Just be sure you look before you book on Delta at the seating open for your flight to insure Econ comfort is open. Also, DO NOT book Basic Economy as you cannot upgrade to anything higher. If your seat is Classified Main Cabin then it's easy to upgrade to Comfort Plus on Delta.

How difficult was it booking the Delta Comfort+ seats? I tried booking 2 for our cruise out of Rome in June 2018 but was told that "they are not currently available." Is it possible to purchase just Economy tickets via air2sea then upgrade to Comfort+ later?

Thanks in advance

Didn't have any problem. Specified "premium economy" as the fare type. Being a domestic flight, Delta was the only one that came up. I've been told, by Air2Sea, that it is possible to book regular economy and then pay the airline directly to upgrade, but I've no experience with actually doing so. HTH

Didn't have any problem. Specified "premium economy" as the fare type. Being a domestic flight, Delta was the only one that came up. I've been told, by Air2Sea, that it is possible to book regular economy and then pay the airline directly to upgrade, but I've no experience with actually doing so. HTH

We have done it several times including our airfare for Freedom TA Westbound. We leave in a month!

Please be aware that Comfort+ is NOT premium economy; it is regular economy with a little bit of extra legroom. Delta will soon be offering real premium economy, called Premium Select, on designated international routes.

Please be aware that Comfort+ is NOT premium economy; it is regular economy with a little bit of extra legroom. Delta will soon be offering real premium economy, called Premium Select, on designated international routes.

True. Because of limits with the Air2Sea/ChoiceAir website, however, using the "premium economy" filter is the only way to book Comfort+ online. Using the "business class" filter will show prices for Delta's Delta One product.

Similar results can be found with most other online booking sites. There seems to be a definite disconnect, between terminology on these sites, and the products actually offered by the airlines. Wading through it all can be more than a little confusing to a neophyte like myself. I'm learning, though.

True. Because of limits with the Air2Sea/ChoiceAir website, however, using the "premium economy" filter is the only way to book Comfort+ online. Using the "business class" filter will show prices for Delta's Delta One product. ...

I use the Air2Sea site to book economy seats. Once I have the airline's record locator from Air2Sea, I go to the airline's website and upgrade to the extended legroom seats.

I use the Air2Sea site to book economy seats. Once I have the airline's record locator from Air2Sea, I go to the airline's website and upgrade to the extended legroom seats.

I've wondered how that compares price-wise on Delta, since they introduced the Comfort+ fare. Will have to investigate that when it comes time to book flights for our next cruise.

What was the process of upgrading to Comfort+ after book the air2sea "economy" seats?

Just log in to the airline's website, find the reservation, choose the extended legroom seats, pay the extra money.

Curious if you've done this on Delta since they introduced Comfort+ as a separate fare class (in Spring of 2016, I think)? Prior to that, it was an Economy add-on, like it is with American and United. Hopefully it still works that way as well on Delta.

We booked our flights on Air2Sea for our Alaska cruise next May. Our flights are on United and once we got the booking number, I went to their website and purchased the extra legroom seats. I only purchased them for the long flight from Chicago to Anchorage. It was easy.

Curious if you've done this on Delta since they introduced Comfort+ as a separate fare class (in Spring of 2016, I think)? Prior to that, it was an Economy add-on, like it is with American and United. Hopefully it still works that way as well on Delta.

I did it for a Delta flight in November 2016.

Awesome, I was hoping to hear that I can buy the air2sea Economy tickets and then upgrade to Comfort+ via Delta. Thanks!

What I don't know for sure is if the terminology Delta uses has changed. We upgraded from economy to whatever Delta called the extra legroom seats. There were no other perks besides the extra legroom.

Awesome, I was hoping to hear that I can buy the air2sea Economy tickets and then upgrade to Comfort+ via Delta. Thanks!

Likely yes, unless the economy tickets that air2sea sells you are Delta's "basic economy" tickets. Those cannot be upgraded in any manner.

What I don't know for sure is if the terminology Delta uses has changed. We upgraded from economy to whatever Delta called the extra legroom seats. There were no other perks besides the extra legroom.

Delta calls these seats "Comfort+" and has for a while now. When the product was first debuted they called it "Economy Comfort." They advertise other perks to these seats as:

• extra recline ("up to" 50% more," but that's not much, and I've never been able to notice a significant difference over regular economy)
  • priority boarding (but still after several other groups)
  • complimentary cocktails on domestic flights (on international, even regular economy gets comp'd cocktails so no added benefit on those flights)

... Delta calls these seats "Comfort+" and has for a while now. When the product was first debuted they called it "Economy Comfort." They advertise other perks to these seats as:

• extra recline ("up to" 50% more," but that's not much, and I've never been able to notice a significant difference over regular economy)
  • priority boarding (but still after several other groups)
  • complimentary cocktails on domestic flights (on international, even regular economy gets comp'd cocktails so no added benefit on those flights)

This sounds like exactly what we had. I believe we first did this upgrade back in 2011 and it was probably called Economy Comfort back then. By the time we did the upgrade last year, the name had changed.