Royals Air2Sea Program

Is there a time limit as to how early you can book a flight thru A2S?

If I try to do a mock up for a Jan 2019 flight to Miami, it say no flights found for the itenerary.

Whenever the airlines release flights, which is typically 330 days in advance.

Whenever the airlines release flights, which is typically 330 days in advance.

It should also be noted that when booking that far out the schedules are still subject to change and do frequently, so don't be surprised if it does.

There's a good chance Air2Sea has access to fare classes (most cabins have multiple fare classes) that you might not on the airline's site directly. Many fare classes you can access directly with the airline require round-trip fares to be purchased so by purchasing only a one-way fare you are limiting the number of fares available to you. (Source: I'm an airline employee)

Is there a time limit as to how early you can book a flight thru A2S?

If I try to do a mock up for a Jan 2019 flight to Miami, it say no flights found for the itenerary.

That sounds like a glitch. Flights should have been available months ago. Might want to call them.

FYI - I emailed Air2Sea to find out when flights would be available for our cruise October 2018 and here is the response we received- "We received your email regarding the message you received online when checking for flights. You are checking your flight way too soon. Air schedules will be available within 330 days from your date of travel. It is approximately 473 days from now till 20th of October next year. You may try checking for flights four to five months from now. Should you have any additional questions regarding Air2Sea please contact our support desk. For your convenience our representatives are available 24/7 and can be reached by calling 844-278-9745."

That sounds like a glitch. Flights should have been available months ago. Might want to call them.

No. The post was asking about flights for January 2019. The earliest airlines generally release fares is 330 days, or about 11 months out. That means airfare is only available now through April 2018.

No. The post was asking about flights for January 2019. The earliest airlines generally release fares is 330 days, or about 11 months out. That means airfare is only available now through April 2018.

Yeah, I already noted my mistake, in the post right before yours.

I am reviewing travel insurance for my Western Europe cruise now along with plane tickets. For those who had issues with Air2Sea, shouldn't the travel insurance cover any issues with those ticket restrictions mentioned in this thread with trip interruption or trip cancellation coverage? Or am I assuming too much? It's quoting quite a cost and I'd think it would cover some of these issues in a hurricane or illness.

Thanks!

I am reviewing travel insurance for my Western Europe cruise now along with plane tickets. For those who had issues with Air2Sea, shouldn't the travel insurance cover any issues with those ticket restrictions mentioned in this thread with trip interruption or trip cancellation coverage? Or am I assuming too much? It's quoting quite a cost and I'd think it would cover some of these issues in a hurricane or illness.

Thanks!

Yes, in general, travel insurance has coverage for trip interruption, cancellation, and/or delay. Read the fine print because there are requirements to be called a "delay".

We had a good experience with RCI air. We booked a last minute Rome-Barcelona cruise. We needed air home. Used the RCI website. It gave us about 6 or 7 choices for air-price/routings etc. The cruise pricing was excellent, the RCI air routing and pricing was better than we could get anywhere else. Especially since our backup plan was to make our way to Paris and fly home from there.

We found the web site to be very user friendly and easy to navigate. We completed the transaction in less than five minutes.

Travel insurance should cover your flights. I had to call Travel Safe to add our flights once they were booked as our original policy did not include the flights. Once they are added you should have the same coverage for them as you do for your cruise.

I am reviewing travel insurance for my Western Europe cruise now along with plane tickets. For those who had issues with Air2Sea, shouldn't the travel insurance cover any issues with those ticket restrictions mentioned in this thread with trip interruption or trip cancellation coverage?

Yes, in general, travel insurance has coverage for trip interruption, cancellation, and/or delay. Read the fine print because there are requirements to be called a "delay".

Generally yes, but as stated above- check the fine print, particularly regarding what constitutes a delay. Also keep in mind that travel insurance generally means you pay any necessary costs up front, and then file a claim to get reimbursed later.

Generally yes, but as stated above- check the fine print, particularly regarding what constitutes a delay. Also keep in mind that travel insurance generally means you pay any necessary costs up front, and then file a claim to get reimbursed later.

Last year we had friends who missed a connection on a TA Ft Myers to Barcelona. A2S put them up in a hotel gave food. Vouchers and flew them to the next port to start their journey albeit a day later. No extra charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far out from a cruise can you book arrival in the port city? For example, can I use A2S and arrive two weeks before a cruise (or depart two weeks after)?

A2S desk can answer that but my experience is that they are flexible with the times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far out from a cruise can you book arrival in the port city? For example, can I use A2S and arrive two weeks before a cruise (or depart two weeks after)?

I have not seen any limit - you can even book flights to some other city.

We flew to Paris, and traveled 11 days before we sailed Oasis from Rotterdam.

When we went to book our TA flight, it was cheaper to book both segments as a one way flight. The prices were very reasonable and we even upgraded to Business class and it was still much cheaper than through the airlines.

Nancy

Is this service only for Royal? I have a TA next May on NCL.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another aspect of dealing with Air2Sea. We booked business class round trip air San Diego to Rome for our August cruises. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the cruise due to some health issues. I called Air2Sea, and after deducting the $175 per person cancellation fee, which we had agreed on when we booked, we received our entire $5000 plus airfare back within a matter of days, and without any questions asked. I have a suspicion things might not have gone as well if dealing with Delta direct. Obviously there are different terms and restrictions for different types of fares, but I can't tell you how relieved we are not to have lost the entire amount, and the whole transaction was painless (unless you count losing probably our only chance at flying first class to Europe).

Pat

Lucky you - I cancelled a refundable flight, waited the requisite 3 weeks and called to find out where my refund was. It took two days for them to discover it "lost in the accounting department," and another 10 days to get a refund. Lost in the accounting department.:o

If Roundtrip is cheaper, just get R/T and don't use the other half!

Or book Air2Sea for the one way international flight, which will cost roughly half of either OW or RT booked directly with the airline. As much as I am leery of the program, if the cost difference is in the thousands of dollars, I'll book through them. The savings will help me if something goes wrong.