Cirque show/dinner. veggie menu and other questions...

Seriously thinking of not doing Italian with my SDP and doing Cirque instead. I understand the food is so, so but show is awesome.

also, I saw they have a optional veggie menu. Anyone know what it is and how to request it?

which seats do you recommend? Reg at the 10 up charge or 15 premium?

Is lemonello only available in Italian restaurant? Is it part of UBP?

any drinks in Cirque or do I need to grab something somewhere first?

thanks!

Seriously thinking of not doing Italian with my SDP and doing Cirque instead. I understand the food is so, so but show is awesome.

also, I saw they have a optional veggie menu. Anyone know what it is and how to request it?

thanks!

It was either a vegetable lasagna or an eggplant parm, I forgot which, (I got one in 2013 at cirque and one last summer at wine lovers.)

Both of those things were the worst meals I had on each trip. I like both of those things, but they tasted like microwave lunches.

Other than that, I Found all of the other veg offerings way better than I would have expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was either a vegetable lasagna or an eggplant parm, I forgot which, (I got one in 2013 at cirque and one last summer at wine lovers.)

Both of those things were the worst meals I had on each trip. I like both of those things, but they tasted like microwave lunches.

Other than that, I Found all of the other veg offerings way better than I would have expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wasn't expecting food to be outstanding. Would go for the show...

I wasn't expecting food to be outstanding. Would go for the show...
Which is one of my "pet peeves" with this dinner show. I think "dinner" should be an "optional" charge. I see no reason why they can't have show tickets at one charge and if you want dinner included then charge or it additionally. That way people are not paying for a dinner they don't care for just to see this show.

Which is one of my "pet peeves" with this dinner show. I think "dinner" should be an "optional" charge. I see no reason why they can't have show tickets at one charge and if you want dinner included then charge or it additionally. That way people are not paying for a dinner they don't care for just to see this show.
Agree totally... But that would be too easy for NCL so probably wont happen.

thanks!

You can order drinks there no problem. I can't answer the veggie question, sorry. Our meal (my opinion) was not terrible, just not top notch. Show was great! The front seats were fantastic! We were in Haven, which helped. When I bought online (BA) only one price was offered. Have fun!154399efe273766123bc7c5fab9d77d3.jpg443f3e20c282d216c1abe1a9a41838c7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can order drinks there no problem. I can't answer the veggie question, sorry. Our meal (my opinion) was not terrible, just not top notch. Show was great! The front seats were fantastic! We were in Haven, which helped. When I bought online (BA) only one price was offered. Have fun!154399efe273766123bc7c5fab9d77d3.jpg

thanks! I found out in another thread. Its an eggplant parmesan. Thanks for the other info.

The show is awesome. The photos above are from the Jungle Fantasy on the Breakaway, not the Epic.

When you arrive, inform the waiter that you want the veggie option.

ALWAYS get the premium seats. You will miss some of the show from the Regular seats at the back of the show room.

There is full bar service, but don't expect to get more than one round.

thanks!

Seating for the Cirque is first come first serve. The hostess will seat you at tables front to back (you don't get to chose your own). Havens guests will be seated first through a side entrance, so even if you are the first one in line, you will not get the "best" seats in the house. Someone from your party should be in line at least 1 hour before show time. Your whole party must be in line by 30 minutes to show time when the door opens. Dinner service starts around 15 minutes before show time.

Seating for the Cirque is first come first serve. The hostess will seat you at tables front to back (you don't get to chose your own). Havens guests will be seated first through a side entrance, so even if you are the first one in line, you will not get the "best" seats in the house. Someone from your party should be in line at least 1 hour before show time. Your whole party must be in line by 30 minutes to show time when the door opens. Dinner service starts around 15 minutes before show time.
Not to dispute what you are saying here but I don't think it is totally first come first serve. The ticket you can buy are different prices according to how you want to be seated. You can buy the most expensive tickets and get the best seats available.

Are you on the Epic? 100% pay for the premium seating. It's not the best picture, but here's one of the Spiegel Tent where it's held:

24081189040_fe6208a13d_z.jpg

This is taken from the balcony seating. Those long tables on the floor are premium, so is the balcony. The large cocktail glass in the center is the main stage. Now look past the long tables, you see the small booths tucked away? Those are regular seating. You are under the balcony so you will have a restricted view. I tried sitting in one of those booths when we met in the Spiegel Tent for an excursion and you really didn't have a good view of anything going on in the air- and what's the point in going if you can't see half of it?

Balcony seating is ideal if you want to observe everything from above and you are facing the stage so you don't need to twist around or choose between eating and watching, floor seating is good if you want to be in the thick of it with performers flying over your heads, and possibly be chosen for participation.

The 'first come first serve' discussed above does still apply, whether you are premium or not- if you turn up last minute you will still get a premium seat but you may not be able to pick between the balcony or floor. Saying that, our showing was maybe only 50% full so it wouldn't have been a problem. We lined up about 40 minutes before and were the second in line, I didn't notice a stream of Haven guests coming in before us. You don't have to sit where they put you as mentioned above- they tried to seat us downstairs but we told them we wanted balcony seating.

We didn't have the veggie but the food was OK. We did end up in the buffet later on! I requested my steak well done as I don't eat raw meat and I was given a special placemat the signified a special order, I imagine the same would apply for veggie. There was drinks service throughout the show so don't worry about that.

We have seen the Cirque shows on Epic, Breakaway and Getaway. DH and DD always order the vegetarian option. On all 3 ships it has been eggplant parm. Never had veggie lasagna. They do not offer it as an option unless you ask, so when the wait staff comes to take your order, do so. I also saw them give chicken fingers for kids. We always get the premium seats, and have never been disappointed in where we have been seated. We get to the show around 40 minutes before, and are usually first or second in line.

Thanks guys! I understand its a 90 min show and its hard to leave for bathroom? If so did you limit what you drank during show so you didn't have a problem?

My daughter went to the bathroom right after dinner and had no problem. I'd go before the show starts. We were on the BA and the bathroom is located outside the venue.

Saw the show on the Getaway last week.

The vegetarian option was cannelloni (long stuffed pasta w/ cheese). Note that someone at my table ordered it at the show itself when they took their food order.

You could order drinks (alcohol & soda without issue during the meal portion). The meal is served prior to the show itself.

The food was not bad. The steak was good, As someone stated, good, but not outstanding. The shrimp was also okay, but two pieces was not really much to go by. The salad was so-so, but the desert was good n' sweet.

They also took allergy requests very seriously.

The set-up for the show was a bit different on the Getaway than in the pictures shown below. We got the upgraded "floor" seats -- which literally put us within inches of the stage itself.

I am glad we paid the extra/upcharge for this show. The show was very enjoyable. Although there was one act that was phenomenal. We also were travelling with a teen & tween, whom also enjoyed the show as well. [Caveat - they enjoyed the full stage production in NYC better, but I am not sure you can really compare the two.]

I'm confused as to the story line... is it some type of magic show? I don't really like magic show but someone said something along those lines. I thought it was acrobatics???
It's is not a magic show, although some of their shows have magic in them. It is more acrobatic. We have been to 3 of their land based shows and they are always fabulous! While on the ship the show will be less extensive due to space.....here is an example of one of one of their land arena shows.

It's is not a magic show, although some of their shows have magic in them. It is more acrobatic. We have been to 3 of their land based shows and they are always fabulous! While on the ship the show will be less extensive due to space.....here is an example of one of one of their land arena shows.

Thanks! Someone been on Epic tell me if that one does, and if so... what kind?

• 10 months later...