Word to the wise - PRINT YOUR CONFIRMATIONS

luvavacation

Presently on the Divina. I am a travel agent, but I purchased this cruise as a regular paying customer because my husband and I wanted to try the Yacht Club. However, as a travel agent, I have two confirmations for everything, including booked shore excursions.

Before we left home, I told myself to print out all confirmations, but then the thought left me. I should've done that.

My husband and I had an excursion booked for Freeport. When we received the tickets the night before, only my husband had a ticket. I inquired as to where mine was, and was told there was no record of my booking. I paid for it all at the same time, and was perplexed.

I am glad I paid for internet, because I then grabbed my phone, and showed both my agency and client email confirmations showing the bookings. I was then given a ticket and permitted to join my husband.

This morning I received a note under the door to contact concierge regarding my excursion. Off I went, and concierge informed me that shoreside booking does not have my booking information so I have been charged for the excursion and will have to take it up with shoreside upon my return. It does not matter that my confirmation in my email shows payment, it does not matter that my credit card account shows that the money was charged, all that matters is someone, somewhere, only entered my husband's name and not mine and now I am being double charged.

The amount of money double charged isn't going to bankrupt me, but I am not giving MSC high marks right now for something that should have been corrected when I showed the email confirmation. And I am kicking myself for not printing out everything, so that concierge could have faxed that to shoreside. There is apparently no way on the ship to print an email from my phone, even if I send it to the concierge email. Printing at home would've been a help! So print it all before you leave home!

I did that too, but it didn't matter. Shoreside said I have no excursion confirmation in my name, only in my husband's name. I was told to take it up with them when we get home. There was noting that anyone on this ship can do, or so I have been told.

I only had 1 small issue on a Divina cruise but found that the folks on the ship seem to have little power to fix problems - especially if money is involved. I had purchased a drink package - got a soda in the solarium bar and brought it back to the room. I'm guessing that because the can was in the cabin's trash, it was assumed I took it from the mini bar. Guest relations did not have authorization to credit our account!

Marianne

I always print off everything and bring it along with me. We were on Meraviglia a couple of weeks ago and there was no record onboard of our pre-booking the Cirque du Soleil show. I was able to show printed evidence to the Yacht Club director who was dealing with the issue that I had, indeed, pre-booked. He took a photo of my copy with his phone to forward on to HQ to highlight the issue.

According to Lifeasme123, in her post, "Back from Meriviglia", she had copied all her information and it still did no good. It took five days to resolve her problem and by that time she had lost most of her package benefits. The one recurring problem with MSC that I see is computer communication from ship to headquarters onshore. These problems should be resolved in minutes rather than 5 days. MSC really needs to tune up their computer systems and make them work compatibly...web site included.

We had a similar issue that only one of us showed as having an excursion booked, I did have the reservation paperwork and it was resolved quite easily. We had the same problem with prepaid Internet access, this was more problematic as the systems didn't respond but was resolved after a day. I had to initially repurchase but did receive extra credit /mb. I was grateful I'd printed all of my receipts and bookings.

We had another problem today. I was in the Voyager club site registering my wife and I noticed they had changed my cabin location. I was surprised. They told me I had changed it last week on the internet, that maybe I accidently pushed the wrong thing. Not True. I called back to talk to It and the agent told me that that was impossible. You cannot change cabins on the web site.

He said the web site was in dire straights and you cannot even get on your site by getting a new password if someone has my information they can get into your account just by knowing your name and booking number. That is the right side of the booking page.

They did find me another rear facing balcony cabin, but I am a little gun shy and will continue to be over the until we leave in September.

The other issue is that the first agent today did not send my new cabin booking, but Peter the second on did right away and I had it before we got off the phone. Again no consistency.