Best of Cartagena Tour

SusieS

Hi- We will start our Mediterranean trip on the Royal Princess on July 22nd, for 14 days. Has anyone out there taken Princess's excursion, The Best of Cartagena? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

Hi Susie

I may be wrong be I think Pam's link is to Cartagena in Colombia not the one in the Med. Didn't want you booking transport and then wondering where it was on the day!

Debs

We opted out of any tours in Cartagena. From the ship, we walked to the Concepcion Castle Museum. We did not wait for the elevator as the line was very long. We walked up the stairs and got in sooner and the cost was under 5 euros each for entry. We were able to take our time looking at everything and there is lots to see. After we left there, we walked to the Roman Theater which was around 6 Euros each. Finally, we explored the plazas near the port which was very interesting. We agreed the walking was great and Cartagena was one port we could DIY our time off the ship.

Hi. We did that tour I believe last year in Cartagena (Spain) and was disappointed. We felt that we could have seen all that we saw and spent more quality time in town without a tour. The ship docks right there and everything is within walking distance of the ship. I would recommend sitting at one of the outdoor restaurants and get the Sangria/Tappas combo and people watch as well. We wish we had had time to do that while we were there.

Walk out to the taxis and take one to the old city. They will drop you by the carriages. Take a lovely, relaxing horse drawn carriage ride around the old city (it was gorgeous and cheap). Even makes a couple of photo stops! And a market stop. Then catch a taxi back to the ship but instead of heading to the ship, go to the shopping area right at the pier. Shop is nice but the best part is the jungle area with all of the birds! Free! It all made for the perfect day!

Last year we took a Princess excursion in Cartagena that went to an Andalusian horse ranch. We weren't loving the other choices so we decided to try something different. It turned out to be our favorite tour that we took on that cruise. It is a beautiful family owned ranch. The grandfather, kids and grandkids are all involved in the working ranch. The horses were the most beautiful that I've ever seen. They are sold all over the world. They served tapas and wine and we had plenty of interactions with the horses. If you want to do something different, I highly recommend this one.

Hi- We will start our Mediterranean trip on the Royal Princess on July 22nd, for 14 days. Has anyone out there taken Princess's excursion, The Best of Cartagena? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

Frankly, if there isn't anything too specific that you wish to see on a ship's excursion, then give it a go yourself.

This may help, it's a review I wrote after a call there on P&O's Britannia...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/08/07/one-way-to-do-cartagena/

19048868239_0d951f491c_z.jpg