Future Cruise Certificate & Non Refundable Deposit

I'm trying to understand the new non refundable deposit bookings, but have a question on if you're using a Future Cruise Certificate. If something happened and you needed to cancel before final payment do you just lose your certificate or do you still need to pay the full deposit to cancel? The certificate could not be moved to a different sailing like it could in the past? Sorry I just don't understand all the rules around the new non refundable deposits. Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks!

First, what do you mean by Future Cruise Certificate (FCC)?

Was this a certificate given to compensate you because of some problem on a cruise and you have a limited time to use it?

Or is this what you are calling a booking made on board another cruise?

First, what do you mean by Future Cruise Certificate (FCC)?

Was this a certificate given to compensate you because of some problem on a cruise and you have a limited time to use it?

Or is this what you are calling a booking made on board another cruise?

A booking made on board at the Future Cruise desk.

A booking made on board at the Future Cruise desk.

If you book onboard with a non-refundable deposit, you can move it to another ship and/or sailing date by paying $100pp change fee.

I'm trying to understand the new non refundable deposit bookings, but have a question on if you're using a Future Cruise Certificate. Thanks!

Funny, looked like the OP was asking about FCC originally. But I see it was clarified later in the thread. That being said, FCC's still can't be used for deposit just in case anybody else was confused and wondering.

I am confused what a FCC actually is?

It's a credit for a future cruise, usually given to compensate someone for something gone wrong. There may be conditions on it's use, and how long it is valid. For example, we were once booked on Mariner out of LA to the Mexican Riviera. You may recall how the media created hysteria over the swine flu. As a result, Royal decided to change the itinerary to Pacific Coastal and compensated us for the change with an FCC. We had one year to use it on another Mexican Riviera cruise.

It's a credit for a future cruise, usually given to compensate someone for something gone wrong. There may be conditions on it's use, and how long it is valid. For example, we were once booked on Mariner out of LA to the Mexican Riviera. You may recall how the media created hysteria over the swine flu. As a result, Royal decided to change the itinerary to Pacific Coastal and compensated us for the change with an FCC. We had one year to use it on another Mexican Riviera cruise.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I may be reading this wrong--but, it seems the OP has purchased an open booking [decide on the cruise later] certificate while onboard a ship. This is different than a FCC as some others have mentioned.

[sorry if I have the wrong name for these. RCL keeps changing the names of these. We have an old "Open Booking" from before March 2015 we have not used yet that gives the larger OBC.]

I would assume that when I use this I will need to decide if I was NR or refundable deposit. . . . but, I want to know if I would keep the OBC if I made a change. Because if I keep the OBC it would be equal to the deposit I would lose [or change fee].

I may be reading this wrong--but, it seems the OP has purchased an open booking [decide on the cruise later] certificate while onboard a ship. This is different than a FCC as some others have mentioned.

Are those still available?

Are those still available?

I do not know if they are still available now. They were selling them last year. However, the "Open Booking" type certificates they were selling had a low OBC. They were not really worth it.

As I mentioned mine is left over and under the old rules. I luckily got a couple onboard the same month they changed the rules. My last few RCL cruises were booked onboard and I did not have to use this last one to get a reduced deposit or OBC.

My last 2 cruises were on Celebrity. So, I can not speak to what RCL is selling now.