Is there any point booking Royal Suites any more?

Yorkshire-Pudding, I totally agree with you (in all areas). We have been booking only RS & PS not just for the space, because there are usually just 2 of us, (although we DO love it) but primarily for the special treatment received in Michaels Club. MC used to be very private but now with all of the SS included it is very crowded. On our last cruise we often couldn't find seats and even if we did it took a very long time to get our drinks. None of the other perks really matter to us. I can buy all the bottles of liquor & all the specialty restaurant dinners on my own for much much less. We have now decided to only book SS on Celebrity. And we are going to another cruise line for our big suite options.

We worked our way up the Loyalty Ladder the original way with cabin points, cruise by cruise. We loved the pampering, exclusivity and intimacy of Michael's Club...But then our world changed. We were no longer " that special" unless we booked a hi level suite..We lost our great space because they needed to enhance the suite experience. And now they have diluted it to get more customers willing to pay suite pricing.

Also got demoted on Royal when plain old Diamonds could no longer use the really nice Concierge Lounge...

Cruise lines are fickle like any business.,,..the only loyalty is to the bottom line,

We are sailing in our first RS next month - up until now we have loved the CS but on our selected cruise the cost for the two of us for the RS was only £800 more. As I will have just retired before we sail, we thought we'd splash out - hope we've made the right decision and thought that the larger cabin and extra perks well worth it. We're a bit worried about the bed size, looks smaller than the CS. Can anybody confirm - we are sailing on the Eclipse out of Barcelona. So excited about the whole trip.:D
Bit surprised to see this resurrected. Congratulations on bagging a RS for £800 more and your retirement. That is a steal, how could you not take that up! As you are sailing next month you should hear from the Shoreside concierge shortly.

Regarding the bed. We have a UK king size ie 5 feet wide at home. On our previous sailing on Eclipse in a RS, the bed seemed wider, more like a UK super king which is 6 feet wide. Boarding next Saturday 18th in a RS again but on Silhouette so would expect bed to be the same.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app