Questions for those who have done RCCL in the Med

We are going on Symphony in Oct 2018. I've only cruised wth RCCL once, many years ago....

Do they let you carry on liquor in Europe and keep it? I know that Carnival allowed this on the Vista.

Also, anything you can tell me about the Boardwalk level balcony cabins?

And any other tips I should know.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going on Symphony in Oct 2018. I've only cruised wth RCCL once, many years ago....

Do they let you carry on liquor in Europe and keep it? I know that Carnival allowed this on the Vista.

Thanks!

They used to let you Carry beer on from Barcelona duty free but stopped it on our Freedom June 4-11 cruise at the top of the escalator so i went back down the escalator put the 6 cans in my hand luggage case went back up past the security desk and along the gangway onto the ship.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Thanks!

The boardwalk balconies are overlooked from the sun decks as well as from the balconies opposite so you lack any privacy but they are cheaper than the regular sea facing balconies.

Just a heads up, you will not get lobster night in the Mediterranean (and frankly, a lot of cruises that do not sail around or out of the US). I love lobster night and always look forward to it, but when we did an Eastern Mediterranean cruise a few years ago, no lobster. Just wanted to give you proper expectations.

Also, if you're leaving out of Rome (Civitavecchia) make sure to be careful. There are A LOT of pick pocketers that are very good and I have seen tons of posts on here about people in Rome and other parts of Europe getting pick pocketed. One person in my group got his wallet pick pocketed and lost $1,000 while we were in Rome, on the subway, so make sure to be vigilant and keep things where they can't be accessed by others.

On the boardwalk level balcony cabins, many think it is a good idea to get one towards the back so that you can see the ocean, aquatheatre, etc. They can be very loud with all the noises from the boardwalk, as an FYI.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise on what is bound to be a very beautiful ship!

Edited by CruiseCheapsk8

The boardwalk balconies are overlooked from the sun decks as well as from the balconies opposite so you lack any privacy but they are cheaper than the regular sea facing balconies.

I'm confused.... What do you mean by overlooked from the sun decks?

I have an ocean balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a heads up, you will not get lobster night in the Mediterranean (and frankly, a lot of cruises that do not sail around or out of the US). I love lobster night and always look forward to it, but when we did an Eastern Mediterranean cruise a few years ago, no lobster. Just wanted to give you proper expectations.

Also, if you're leaving out of Rome (Civitavecchia) make sure to be careful. There are A LOT of pick pocketers that are very good and I have seen tons of posts on here about people in Rome and other parts of Europe getting pick pocketed. One person in my group got his wallet pick pocketed and lost $1,000 while we were in Rome, on the subway, so make sure to be vigilant and keep things where they can't be accessed by others.

On the boardwalk level balcony cabins, many think it is a good idea to get one towards the back so that you can see the ocean, aquatheatre, etc. They can be very loud with all the noises from the boardwalk, as an FYI.

Thank you! I have been to Italy before and I'm very careful.... I grew up in the city of Philadelphia, so I have eyes on the back of my head as they say! Lol

Lobster isn't my thing on a ship, so it's not a deal breaker.... Now if it was Logostino, different story! Lol

So I have state room 4D- 8214 Ocean View Balcony, so that a normal ocean balcony, right?

I'm confused.... What do you mean by overlooked from the sun decks?

I have an ocean balcony.

There are balconies facing the boardwalk that can be seen from the sun decks above. If you have an oceanview balcony this will not be an issue.

As long as they have steak on the menu, I'm happy. That tiny lobster tail that you need a magnifier glass to find on your plate goes great with my steak, but if it's missing, I won't notice!

I completely agree, but this is good for any city.

Only loud during the shows. Other times, I never noticed.

When in Rome, make sure you eat the pizza. Best ever.