Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral

I have never had a reason to use it, since we are usually in Florida a couple of days before a cruise but I assume there is still transportation to the port available on sail date. Correct? Can you or should you arrange it ahead of time?

Thanks for the info.

There are many threads and suggestions on the Florida board, but we have used Cortrans and they were fantastic. $20.00 per person.

http://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/ <--Cortrans Shuttle website, click here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 <--Florida departures board, click here

I have never had a reason to use it, since we are usually in Florida a couple of days before a cruise but I assume there is still transportation to the port available on sail date. Correct? Can you or should you arrange it ahead of time?

Thanks for the info.

Also consider a one-way car rental. This is convenient for Port Canaveral.

Got it. Thanks to all.:p

Cortrans is very good as Karen has said.

We are flying into MCO the night before our Oasis cruise and staying in Orlando instead of Port Canaveral due to late arrival. Cortrans will be picking us up at hotel in the morning and going to the Port. $20.00pp each way.

If your cruise is on October 1st, forget about trying to rent a car at MCO. Most are sold out or are now outrageously priced. Not worth it.:)

Thanks for the info.

Sure, but it is a ways between MCO and Port Canaveral. When does your flight arrive and when do you sail, and are you sure your flight is going to be on time? I would definitely book with the cruiseline if flying in the day of a cruise. That said, I would never fly in the day of the cruise. I would fly in the day before and rent a car and drive to PC and stay at a hotel there, and eat at Fishlips or nearby restaurant and watch the ships sailaway the day before my cruise. But hey whatever you feel like is good with me. Not my money not my cruise. Or as a lady I was sitting by in PC a few years ago talking on her cell phone loudly. It is not my circus and it is not my monkeys....

JC

We always use RCI transport which is level 1 at Orlando airport (ground transpirtation area). They add the cost to your seapass once onboard. Sorry but cant remember how much it is.

Haven't seen a recent price list, but it has been $37.50 per person.

For those who want to stay in Cocoa Beach for a day before the cruise :

Web link - gotoportcanaveral dot com

Example of what I used

Picked up at Orlando airport - transported to Cocoa Beach's International Palms hotel (located on a very wide beach) for an overnight stay - picked up the next day and transported to the ship - went on the cruise - picked up afterwards and returned to Orlando airport.

Total cost = $139.00

This cost less than my taxi fare from my home to DCA, which is only 25 miles away.

Cortrans is very good as Karen has said.

We are flying into MCO the night before our Oasis cruise and staying in Orlando instead of Port Canaveral due to late arrival. Cortrans will be picking us up at hotel in the morning and going to the Port. $20.00pp each way.

If your cruise is on October 1st, forget about trying to rent a car at MCO. Most are sold out or are now outrageously priced. Not worth it.:)

Just checked Avis, a 24 hour rental from MCO dropped off in Port Canaveral Oct 1st is $69 for a Ford Edge

Sent from my iPad using Forums

...$69 for a Ford Edge

Sounds reasonable for 24 hours but just for one-way transportation, it is this price plus the gas and the extras. ;)

If there are only 2 or 3 people going, then I still maintain Cortrans is the best way and least expensive at $20.00 per person. :)

You turn in the car with a full tank. If you have auto ins at home you don't need any of the extras they try to sell. It gives you the freedom of going where you want to go, when you want to. There are no one way drop off fees in Florida.

Just checked Avis, a 24 hour rental from MCO dropped off in Port Canaveral Oct 1st is $69 for a Ford Edge

WOW, that is the lowest rate I have seen recently for that date.

But still, we are only paying $135 incl. tax for a 4-star hotel in Orlando with free shuttle from airport and then Cortrans Shuttle in the morning to the port and then back to the airport after the cruise for $80roundtrip. ($40pp).

So, for hotel and roundtrip transportation, we are paying a total of $215. For me, it is just a better deal.

You turn in the car with a full tank. If you have auto ins at home you don't need any of the extras they try to sell. It gives you the freedom of going where you want to go, when you want to. There are no one way drop off fees in Florida.

Yes, of course. I worked at a car rental agency for five years. You pay for the gas (extra charge) and read about what or IF your credit card and/or car insurance covers for out of city/state rentals (you are not always or automatically covered). My main point was that it is still more expensive for just two people than other forms of transportation between the two points, which is what OP asked. OP is flying in on the same day, so I offered my advice. *shrug* :D

There are many threads and suggestions on the Florida board, but we have used Cortrans and they were fantastic. $20.00 per person.

http://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/ <--Cortrans Shuttle website, click here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 <--Florida departures board, click here

I can second this recommendation.... they are great. We stayed at one of the hotels on their pickup list. They were on time, courteous and very inexpensive. The trip back to MCO was just as good.

Not true for the all of FL. [we paid a one-way fee for Tampa to FLL] It may be true for MCO to PC.

We are going from TPA to PC next month, renting with Budget, and we are not paying a drop fee.