Hotels in Rome

Action Dave

Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Rome. we will be there before our cruise in sept 2018? We have never been on a european cruise and are very excited. our cruise begins in Rome and we plan to fly in 1 or 2 days ahear of time. Where to stay in Rome that is not off the chart pricy.

We stay at Hotel Morgana next to the Termeni Station. It is close to bus, metro, and train transportation. It is also reasonably priced if you book in advance. The rooms are nice, the staff is efficient and friendly, the breakfasts are quite good, and you can get a king bed.

Our vote is Hotel Golden, a small family run hotel located across the street from the Borghese Gardens. If you book online with them on their website you do not pay anything until you check out and no deposit required. If you are good walkers you can walk to a lot of sights from there as well as easy access to transit. We have stayed there twice and will stay there again if we ever make it back to Rome. You will so love the city...our favourite of any of the European cities we have visited to date. We can still remember how excited we were before our first visit there 7 years ago.:D

We stay at Una, downtown near the train station. Clean, safe, rooms big enough (by European standards). The port is Civitavecchia of course, and catching a train to the port is no big deal (DO watch your bags very carefully). Good breakfast.

Okay, since we're continuing this thread. I really enjoyed Hotel Quirinale, easy walking distance from Termini & metro stations and most of the major Rome attractions. Get a superior room on the courtyard as the rooms on the main street, Via ****onale, are a bit noisy all night.

Odd censorship , that's Via N a z i o n a l e.

Edited by Até
censorship

Okay, since we're continuing this thread. I really enjoyed Hotel Quirinale, easy walking distance from Termini & metro stations and most of the major Rome attractions. Get a superior room on the courtyard as the rooms on the main street, Via ****onale, are a bit noisy all night.

Odd censorship , that's Via N a z i o n a l e.

The first four letters of the name of that street are blocked on CC, no matter the context in which they appear.

Getting back to the OP's question, please do read up on the Italy board as suggested above. This subject comes up there frequently. I will just add that we really enjoyed the Albergo Cesari several years ago. It's near the Pantheon, and we walked everywhere.

Enjoy your trip!

The first four letters of the name of that street are blocked on CC, no matter the context in which they appear.

By odd, I just meant it's strange that **** is a word worthy of CC censor. Some things should be remembered regardless of their horror. Not to mention ****onale means "national" in Italian.

I'm not a fan of CC's dubious censorship.

I spent a week in Rome a few months ago. I stayed at the Hotel Vivaldi which is on the Via del Corso. Good breakfast, small but nice room. Great location. Very easy walk to Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Piazza del Popolo and just about every other attraction in Rome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Three cheers to to for flying in early to see Rome. We did it last year and spent three nights. Did AirBNB. TripAdvisor is great for ideas. Stay between train station and Coliseum. See our blog below for our trip.