Some questions re RCL

Hi, first time RCL cruiser here (but this will be our 4th cruise - have cruise with Carnival (ex US) and Celebrity (twice ex Aus) previously). I have a few questions pls:

1. Do RCL provide shampoo/conditioner/handcream daily or as needed ?

2. I keep reading about drink package specials combining with internet packages here on CC - does this happen in Australia and where would I find this out - we are currently 8 months from crusing ..I am unable to even book internet at this stage and drink packages are currently $87 a day pp AUD, so hoping to find out when is the best time to book.

3. I have booked our Syd/Mel flight at 10am on our return (ship arrives 0630 and we self-debark and usually catch a taxi at wharf) and when completing online, the RCL system would not accept this. the reason for the 10am flight this time is that on our previous cruises we've had to wait 2-3 hours at Sydney airport and didn't want to do that this time, so I just complete the check in with the flight number and "1pm" as the required time. Has anyone ever had an issue with this?

4. What is the tv/movie set up like on RCL? Not that we watch telly all day, but there are times when we just want to veg at night in our room and be entertained.

Many thanks :D

Here is my views:

1) RCL does provide shampoo/conditioner. From memory this is in a dispenser in the shower. It's ok but if you have Haircare needs, look at the reject shop as often they sell very small bottles of shampoo/conditioner for a couple of $.

2) I am also looking at the drinks/internet package for my cruise 8 months away. I have read that this is available in Australia but you need to keep checking your cruise planner for availability as there is no set pattern as to when these specials become available. It's meant to depend on how sales are going for the package prior to cruise. If no one is buying then they will have a sale.

4. I booked my Melb/Sydney flights last week. I booked at 1pm but would have been happier with 11am as I also hate the hours awaiting at the airport. If you are flying out at 10am you will want to be one of the first off the ship. Depending on the day of your return (weekend or weekday) I would consider the train as well as a taxi. The train doesn't get caught in peak hour traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is my views:

1) RCL does provide shampoo/conditioner. From memory this is in a dispenser in the shower. It's ok but if you have Haircare needs, look at the reject shop as often they sell very small bottles of shampoo/conditioner for a couple of $.

Most chemists sell small travel bottles that you can fill with your favourite brand of shampoo and conditioner. Also small pots for moisturizers etc.

I always take my own products, my hair is fussy.

Thanks all :) Its not that I mind taking it, its just that on Celebrity they have shampoo/conditioner/skin lotion supplied daily so I didn't want to bother taking it, if is was provided by RCL as well :)

1. They have shower gel and also the two in one shampoo in the shower dispensers. I would bring my own.

2. They may have a sale again which may drop the price, just keep checking in the personaliser.

3. I wouldn't be too worried, but would make sure I had travel insurance in case the ship comes in later.

4. The TV is a real mix, not many movies and what they do have seem to be rerun over and over. There is a dreamworks channel.

Hope this helps.