Seabourn Antarctic Cruise Feb 2018. Onshore Excursions

Hello. My wife and I are due to cruise from Valparaiso to Manaus next February (2018).

We are seasoned cruisers (QM2, etc) and are keen to visit the ports of call and the surrounding sites.

We cannot understand why some of these events are priced as they are.

For example: Trekking in Ushuaia

Departs: 3:30 PM Approximately 4 HoursPrice $114.00

We think $114 for a stroll in the area is a trifle pricey. What is it that costs so much?

There are many other shore cruises that seem to be quite high. We have been to India, Sri Lanka, etc and have found the trips quite reasonable.

All comments gracefully received.

Thanks.

Glyn and Lis

Suggest you ask this on the board here for Seabourn. Perhaps they can help you with the pricing structure for that line. Some of those ports are pretty small with few options for independent excursions. thus the excursion operators can charge whatever they want, and the cruise line will add their cut... You might visit the Ports of Call board here for South America and see what options are available. EM

Suggest you ask this on the board here for Seabourn. Perhaps they can help you with the pricing structure for that line. Some of those ports are pretty small with few options for independent excursions. thus the excursion operators can charge whatever they want, and the cruise line will add their cut... You might visit the Ports of Call board here for South America and see what options are available. EM

Thank you.

Having been to Ushuaia en route to Antarctica, I would not spend $114 to walk around there.

We simply planned ahead by checking out travel boards, recent guidebooks, etc., to determine what we wanted to see there. We spent less that $10.00 while in Ushuaia but enjoyed it. It reminded me of some small towns in Alaska.