Muse dining change?

jollyjones

Since many solos pay a 200% fare they should be allocated a table for two to themselves if they wish. You should get what you pay for.

I personally don't think what they pay has anything really to do with this. If they want a table by themselves and there is a free table it should be there's.

If it were a land-based situation imho it is entirely different. A restaurant can choose to accommodate you or not as it chooses because you can look elsewhere if what they offer is unacceptable. But the key thing here isn't the 200% as some might only pay 100% or 150%. The important thing is that you paid in advance and have no options. They have your cash and you are effectively stuffed with what they say you can have "take it or leave it". It is matter of trust that reasonable expectations will be met and you are not offered a fait accompli.

I do recall you posting that you saw no evidence of dishonoured bookings Les because it started and exchange with Sophia about bribing the MDs. I think you said when another person said that they had the same problem thatnit was "wierd". Perhaps I imagined it. ;p

Was this the lady who you said on a different post that you doubted what she had said was truthful or was that a different female?

You can imagine what you like Geoff. Maybe I imagined it when you said only people who've traveled on the Muse were qualified to pass judgement on the reservations - that despite me having a booking at the time and already able to see the state of play on their reservations system. You should practice what you preach.

I'm unable to edit that post, but there it is.... a problem reported about reservations that you "forgot". Are you really wanting to go back on this issue you claim the Maitre D is losing reservations in order to gain tips through gratitude when he conjures up a table? (And why do you insist on bringing up MissSophia - she never made that claim - you did - and you did exactly the same the last time I dont you I find your claim " weird". And I repeat. I NEVER heard of one instance of reservations being lost. You did recognise the fact he didn't lose the reservation didn't you Geoff?

So I repeat, I never head of any reservations LOST and the only issue I heard of was the refusal of this Solo, who I took at face value and reported what she had said on the same day (or day after probably).

You could just have said, "sorry, my mistake".

I personally don't think what they pay has anything really to do with this. If they want a table by themselves and there is a free table it should be there's.

If it were a land-based situation imho it is entirely different. A restaurant can choose to accommodate you or not as it chooses because you can look elsewhere if what they offer is unacceptable. But the key thing here isn't the 200% as some might only pay 100% or 150%. The important thing is that you paid in advance and have no options. They have your cash and you are effectively stuffed with what they say you can have "take it or leave it". It is matter of trust that reasonable expectations will be met and you are not offered a fait accompli.

In this instance, the person in question HAD paid 200% so possibly is slightly different as not really a solo - but I completely agree (and said so in the post when I first stated what had happened) that its disgraceful if that was what she was told by the Maitre D. I'm hoping she was exaggerating as I truly think its embarrassing for SS if not.

Since many solos pay a 200% fare they should be allocated a table for two to themselves if they wish. You should get what you pay for.

As long as there is a table available, I completely agree. If guests cant eat alone (if they wish), they shouldn't take their booking.

In this instance, the person in question HAD paid 200% so possibly is slightly different as not really a solo - but I completely agree (and said so in the post when I first stated what had happened) that its disgraceful if that was what she was told by the Maitre D. I'm hoping she was exaggerating as I truly think its embarrassing for SS if not.

But personally I never experienced anything negative and indeed changed reservations the night before without problems. I remain concerned as I was before for Solo's, though I do wonder how truthful the lady was saying they had refused her permission to eat in Atlantide. Just a hunch she may have stretched things a bit,

**cough **

Les, are you suggesting that someone who has paid 200% should be treated differently to someone who has paid 175%? One is "solo" but one" isn't"?

I'm lost with this logic.

You can imagine what you like Geoff. Maybe I imagined it when you said only people who've traveled on the Muse were qualified to pass judgement on the reservations - that despite me having a booking at the time and already able to see the state of play on their reservations system. You should practice what you preach.

Calm down dear. :)

I have commented only on my first hand experience on SS and Sophia has specifically on Muse and what others have found. I can assure you that it does happen and the company is well aware of it. Since your comments on Muse it became even more clear that there were considerable problems on Muse with the dining arrangements, the outcome has yet to be seen.

You sought to rubbish the suggestion that some passengers bribe the MDs with tips in order to secure tables something I have seen on SS and Sophia witnessed on Muse. Simply because you hadn't seen it and seemed intolerant of the suggestion you continued with heavy implications that what Sophia and I encountered wasn't true.

(Jeff with a "J") :)

I think it's time to call a truce......agree to disagree or whatever....��

Im not the one bruising (yet again) for another fight and trying to bring YOU into the frame YET AGAIN for something that has zero to do with anything you've said.... Its kinda weird, because I didn't disagree with most of what you'd said (apart from not being allowed an opinion until you sail of course - though apparently that's now ok! sheesh!). I never challenged your pizza thing and agreed it was disgraceful - and never passed any remarks on you witnessing a Maitre D accepting a tip (I dont doubt it and have NEVER said any different - no matter how many times he keeps posting it to the contrary). What I did challenge was the claim that Maitre D's were losing reservations to gain tips.... and funnily enough that wasnt you who said it - despite the attempts to claim it was and continually being dragged in with dishonest insinuations for a bit of support from you. I could post a link to prove it - but I know you are not interested and just a bit narked at continually being named for things you've nothing to do with. Jeez - its happened again too! Oscar was right!

So for the record to clear things up.

I dont doubt ANY member of staff on SS ships (or any other) would accept a "tip". Some might... I dont know them well enough to be certain! :)

I dont believe Matre Ds lose reservations to procure a tip from "conjuring up" a table and believe that suggestion made is libelous and is what is annoyingly been twisted and amended to be something I didnt say or claim.

I do believe greasing palms work to get better service - and not happy thats the case but have never suggested it doesn't happen.

Ive never got special table privileges and then complained after I'd got them it was all wrong.

I did not see or hear of any reservations being lost whilst on the Muse.

The only reservation issue I heard about was the one I mentioned on the day I posted on the forum (and not a "change of story" as suggested)

I was able to change reservations already booked without issue.

I do not doubt others did have problems with reservations on other cruises - and would not dare suggest a problem didnt happen other than the one I knew about on my own. Just to be clear - I just honestly reported on what I found from observations and people I spoke with. I did not go out with a board and paper taking notes from interviews with guests.

All of the above is factual and nothing twisted. Not sure why I'm even feeling the need to spell it all out again - and it does get tiresome. I can move on - but I don't think someone else can - with the latest "scandal" that ive lied about my encounters on board.

And I agree - its pointless arguing with someone who twists things and must have the last word. Life is too short and this Silversea forum is not my life. :D

Edit: PS, I'm pretty calm and my blood pressure is good too. :D

Dear Les,

Firstly ....please don't refer to me in capital letters....it does quite offend.

Despite my current profile on the Silversea board and my Ms Sophia name l can tell you that l have been on these boards for a very long time prolificly posting on the Cunard threads at the time when l thought myself a true Cunarder having worked on board their ships way back since the early 70's.

I therefore consider myself to have a certain knowledge of how things work at sea both as crew and indeed a passenger and on that note l can say with all honesty the two do not at times gel.

We all have personal opinions and post as such on these boards....ultimately to help and assist others who seek genuine advice.

What we don't need is to see certain individuals argue and score pointing....l came off the Cunard board because of this some ten years ago and right now I'm seriously considering taking the same action on this SS board as quite frankly l find it very stressful.

So....let's stick to handing out the advice and our knowledge to those that seek it and stop the bloody arguments as it doesn't help anyone.

Sophia 😊