Breakaway...Forward balcony ????

mina518

Has anyone had any experience in a forward balcony stateroom on the Breakaway? I'm trying to get my in laws a connecting stateroom with grandma and the only ones available are forward on deck 11 and 13. Is there much movement? We are sailing in November out of NYC.

Thanks!!!

:D

Has anyone had any experience in a forward balcony stateroom on the Breakaway? I'm trying to get my in laws a connecting stateroom with grandma and the only ones available are forward on deck 11 and 13. Is there much movement? We are sailing in November out of NYC.

Thanks!!!

:D

We were in a Haven forward on deck 9 and there is a crew bar outside on deck 8 so if I were you - go has high as you can. We complained a few times and they swore it was closed down but it woke us up again after that. I hated to shut down one of the few places the crew can let their hair down, but being awakened at 2 AM was a problem.

We were in a Haven forward on deck 9 and there is a crew bar outside on deck 8 so if I were you - go has high as you can. We complained a few times and they swore it was closed down but it woke us up again after that. I hated to shut down one of the few places the crew can let their hair down, but being awakened at 2 AM was a problem.

I would go for deck 11, but higher last 2 digits. (11726 & 11728, 11122 & 11124, 11722 & 11724). The higher the cabin number, the further back it is. The first 2 digits indicate the deck; 100s, 200s, & 300s are port; 700s, 800s, & 900s are starboard. Motion is less the closer you are to the pivot point (lower and somewhat mid-ship). Further back should get you well away from the crew bar area as well.

Keep watching the NCL website. Cabins that are booked today, may open up later. Many folks cancel just before final payment date and larger travel agencies book blocks of cabins and release cabins closer to the cruise dates. There's no guarantee, but some mid-ship balconies may open up.

• 4 months later...

We have been in Aft, mid and forward cabins on Breakway. In waves greater than 6', you will definitely notice it more in forward cabins, and more as you go up floors.

In heavy seas, you will get the most pitching (forward and back motion) and the most noise of waves crashing against the hull.

If anyone is sensitive to motion, I always recommend mid ship, lower deck, to minimize it.

We are just off Breakaway today, and we had 5 days very rough seas. Lots of guests and staff were upset. Our cabin had lots of motion and noise. Top decks were rolling and everyone was stumbling around. It happens often off North Carolina. Rare, but in this case, we had it from Cozumel to Grand Cayman to Ocho Rios to North Carolina!

Just got off Breakaway, Haven suite on 16 as close as possible to the front without being forward facing. Thought it was remarkably smooth, though I tend to like to feel movement when on a ship. Hangars were rattling in the closets, though.

The one thing I did notice (and have on other ships close to the front) is a lot of vibration when they are using the bow thrusters (?) to move sideways. Ended up getting up at 5 am because it was almost a half hour of rattling coming back to dock in NYC. In other ports it was generally later and for very brief periods.

I assume you meant forward facing balcony. If you meant just a forward balcony, we were in a BX balcony on the Breakaway. Extra room, but very windy in the exposed part of the balcony by the railing. Being forward, we did feel the seas more than midship ... bounced like a pinball walking forward on a few nights - unusually high seas that cruise