Carry on luggage???

blainesterrr

So I usually have FTTF but can't seem to get it this upcoming cruise in September. Wondering if it is okay to put my bags outside the door until the room is ready? I'm sure I can't just put my things in my room.

Sure, if you have no trouble going through the doors to the hallway with signs that clearly state you're not allowed. Full speed ahead!

So I usually have FTTF but can't seem to get it this upcoming cruise in September. Wondering if it is okay to put my bags outside the door until the room is ready? I'm sure I can't just put my things in my room.

In all likelihood you won't be able to get in the hall, or leave your bags why the cabins are being serviced. You'll have to keep them with you.

Platinum and Diamond cruisers walk right past the signs because their rooms are ready. Do you think that means other people think it's OK to ignore them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do. Yes without a doubt.

Is it OK? No. That's why you pay extra for FTTF. You don't have it, you carry your bags around with you. Rules apply to everyone.

Getting into the hallways without priority boarding which includes FTTF has really tightened up over last couple of years. There are less room stewards and they have a very short time to turn around the cabins and csn't do their work with everyone on ship ignoring the signs and clogging up the hallways. Just checkin and wait in terminal until 1:30 to board or just wait until 1 pm to checkin and you won't have but a few minutes to wait. I take one small rolling suitcase onboard as carryon and I just keep it with us while we have lunch.

Cherie

Suggest you just pack less on carry-on (possibly wheeled) so you can move around with it while waiting for your cabin's availability.

Seriously, people, did you ever stop to think that the OP wasn't aware of such a sign? Wasn't aware that passengers aren't even allowed beyond the hallway doors unless they're legitimately priority? No, you don't think about that because you'd rather attack first, get the facts later. One person said it's just honesty. Honesty doesn't have to be so vitriolic.

OP, I think you have your answer. Albeit, in the worst way possible. Many of the ships will post crew at the hallway doors to keep anyone from going to their cabins who aren't allowed. Even if you were allowed to do it, would you want to leave it unattended like that?

Trouble with getting to the cabin early is all the Steward paraphernalia in the hallways. Every cart, vacuum, bundles of linens and assorted other stuff makes going down the hall an interesting experience.

its not ok. there is a sign on the door leading to the room hallways that state this

and even if there was no sign... if you leave it outside the door... there is a chance you come back and its not there. Theft does happen and you will be making it very easy.

But the OP was asking a simple question that they obviously didn't know the answer to . . .

But he does know the answer. He said he has had FTTF so he knows the guidelines. I believe he is just looking for validation to do something that he knows is not right.

Seriously, people, did you ever stop to think that the OP wasn't aware of such a sign? Wasn't aware that passengers aren't even allowed beyond the hallway doors unless they're legitimately priority? No, you don't think about that because you'd rather attack first, get the facts later. One person said it's just honesty. Honesty doesn't have to be so vitriolic.

OP, I think you have your answer. Albeit, in the worst way possible. Many of the ships will post crew at the hallway doors to keep anyone from going to their cabins who aren't allowed. Even if you were allowed to do it, would you want to leave it unattended like that?

Read OP's first line.

My first reaction when I read this was "I'd be worried that someone would steal my stuff" but then I realized everyone gets their checked bags dropped in front of the room, but that usually happens much later in the day.

Some well meaning steward might see bags in the hall before checked baggage has started to come aboard and think it was from the previous cruise and send it ashore.

I don't know if Carnival does this, but on RCCL, we were able to leave our carry-ons with guest services.

Why is there so much negativity on this board? This board is really starting to be a turn off.

Uh? Person wants to dump their bags in the middle of the hallway, when the crew are trying to clean, and signs are posted. Remember, Carnival is the cruise line of "It's my vacation and I will do what I want" mentality for many. If the poster does not want to carry their bags, than they leave the bags with the porters. Not very hard to understand, but yet, people still think the process isn't for them.

Why is there so much negativity on this board? This board is really starting to be a turn off.

Hi

Sorry, this does happen to be the forum where daily people are asking "I know it's against the rules but will it be alright to do this little thing". Not surprisingly many chime in "of course, nobody will do anything about it, I do it all the time". It's not negativity, it's disappointment.

To the OP. The bags will be in the way. If the bags don't contain valuables that you need to keep with you, why don't you just check it?

In an effort to provide information without flaming anyone....It has been mentioned about the sign. Here is a sign from some ship that is placed on the closed doors to the hallway, but the ones I have seen on the Freedom are similar (without reference to the Red Sail). The doors will remain closed until all rooms are ready (or, I suppose, 12:30, whichever comes first).

I am sure there are some that will notice that it doesn't say you can't come in and drop off your bags. While I do not believe that gives one the right to do so, I am sure some will argue that "if is not specifically prohibited, it is allowed." (There will even be some that say, "it doesn't say we CAN'T, it just asks us not to!") But, given it doesn't say you can't drop off your bags, you might be a bit more understanding as to why the OP might ask the question.

As for myself, the only reasons I have something in the carry on is because (a) it's too valuable to check; or (b) I couldn't make the trip if it were lost/misplaced (i.e., prescription meds). So, I wouldn't feel comfortable just dropping that bag off in the hall. If I am willing to leave it outside my door, then I can live without it. If I can live without it, I have checked it so I don't have to lug it around.

4c27fb4e9b9b118fc9ec483b80c651b4.jpg

But he does know the answer. He said he has had FTTF so he knows the guidelines. I believe he is just looking for validation to do something that he knows is not right.

And thankfully he has someone like you to tell him what is right and wrong in such a nice, thoughtful way. Having FTTF before may mean that he knows his room would not be ready, but he thought perhaps he could drop off luggage. And before you blast me, I know what the sign says - I've been Platinum for several years - so, I don't need your insight. I just think perhaps you could either answer a question without all the attitude, or don't answer at all. Just a thought.